1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used papier mache for a few dioramas and projects for the kids and it occured to me it might be usefull for making lightweight armour parts . It's a bonus that it costs next to nothing as well !
Here's the breastplate as it stands now .It may not look like much at the moment , but I'm pleased the way it's come out . I'll "stipple" it with "No More Nails" to match the helmet and then add some studs and detail before painting .
DSC04499.jpg

Looks really good! "No More Nails" glue is which type of glue? Because I maybe steal you your idea for other project =) And I don't want use wallpaper glue.

Looks really good! "No More Nails" glue is which type of glue? Because I maybe steal you your idea for other project =) And I don't want use wallpaper glue.

"No More Nails" is a brand name . It's a type of extra strong P.V.A type glue used for woodwork/household jobs . Regular P.V.A or wood glue would be equally effective .:wink1:

I've added an Orc Glyph to the breastplate and also made use of a few parts I found in my bits-box ( think they were from Happy Meal toys ). More or less making this up as I go along , so all details are subject to change !:lol
But what I DO know is that I'm going for the "Scrapheap Challenge" look and there will be plenty detail added before I'm finished .:wink1:
DSC04502.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04505.jpg

( I haven't finished texturing the armour yet , I couldn't help myself from getting some paint on the sucka !):impatient:

Hello...? Hello...? Anyone there....?
Am I the only one with a Marine on the bench , or are the school holidays just keeping everyone busy ?:lol
Anyway , managed to do a bit on the Ultramarine . Basically refining the paintwork , adding the chest skull and getting the pauldrons sorted . Also decided on a sword .
DSC04513.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04507.jpg

( Ignore the white bits under the leg armour , that's just temp padding ).

oww Allan I totally forgot to say how cool your insane ork is looking!! LOve it... and I love the marine.. are those cable ties on the shoulder pads... looks great

What the Daffy Duck is that backpack Dorgs ?? I'm no expert but it doesn't look like any jump-pack I know of .:dunno
And yes , they are cable ties on the pauldrons . ( But don't tell everyone .:wink1:) Thanks for the comments on the Ork , he's a little further along now , I'll post pics a.s.a.p .

Well , after me saying I was going to keep my Ultramarine "grunt" faceless , I've given him a head ( and therefore a face ) . My original decision was partly due to the fact that the older "beaky" helm is a lot smaller than the "regular" , so I thought I'd have trouble fitting it over a sculpt . But , after finding a wrestler figure in a charity shop , ( I got thrown out of so many for going in and saying I was looking for a little head !:dunno ) I tried the head out for size .

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

(The collar is borrowed from another Marine so the fit isn't perfect , it's just holding the head in place until I make him a neck ! ):wink1:

Wow these marines are fantastic. I want some of my own now >< . The 40k universe has always had such a great style .

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow just caught up on this thread :thud:

That bike! Those orc's! That Cyborg marine! Oh my, need a change of underwear :panic::panic:

Back