1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of my most wanted PFs.
Oh wait, there are both a 1/6 and a PF thread that are separate but the same. Something weird is going on!

Last edited:
I kinda like my Hasbro one (one of the last hasbro's too still make the cut for my current display), this is looking much better already need at least 2 I think

B
2dbktqo.jpg

A little late to the party, but I gotta say...
Awesome news!!! :yess::yess::yess:

Those gloves look like real fabric, strange..is that what we get i wonder with this?, or its just crazy weathered plastic hands.

I would guess just very well weathered/painted. I can't imagine Sideshow would switch to fabric gloves. And personally I hope they don't I've yet to see a good looking pair of fabric gloves in 1/6. Some are decent, but I've always preferred sculpted.

As I often think the key to success for Snowtrooper will be the helmet. Proportion, painting and weathering etc...

They key success for any character is the face, and in this case the helmet. The face is the mirror of the soul of a real person too. :)

I would guess just very well weathered/painted. I can't imagine Sideshow would switch to fabric gloves. And personally I hope they don't I've yet to see a good looking pair of fabric gloves in 1/6. Some are decent, but I've always preferred sculpted.

Gloves only look good in 1/6th if they are first tailored correctly to the bendy hands the figure comes with and secondly applied to the figure correctly as well.

The last gloved figure i bought was DAM Chalk Leader( i think) and once i got his gloves on nice and tight and pulled over each digit, they looked great and very life-like.

They key success for any character is the face, and in this case the helmet. The face is the mirror of the soul of a real person too. :)

I think SSC is going to pretty much nail this one because the design is not asymetical like the Stormtrooper bucket and we know other companies have struggled with getting Stormtrooper helmets to look accurate as well but, Snowtroopers not so much.

Valfar, would you mind posting a pick of those gloved hands... just curious what they look like.

I am in agreement that I hope these hands are sculpted. Despite the fact that there are good fabric gloves out there...I am still for the sculpted ones.

I had no idea the original costume had the kama and clothing made from fleece...SSC got it bang on!!!! Now all is right in my universe!!!:hi5:

Back