1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes people ask what Sideshow does with returns, exchanges, and defective products.

I hope we haven't stumbled upon the answer.

It's not impossible that a box of Snowtroopers turned up. Like others said give it a bit of time and if it doesn't show up open a case with Paypal.

I've got to say, $179 shipped is an awesome price, I'm tempted.

Love this fig a lot but it has three problems - the SSC body bunches all the armor up too much (needs to be taller I think,) the helmet just looks a little off in several ways (crown, lenses and flap) and the gloves - as many have said - are WAY too big. But this is so up SSC's alley - the armor paint, the "real-blanket" fabric outfit, the two-part boots sculpt. All so impeccably done.

Love this fig a lot but it has three problems - the SSC body bunches all the armor up too much (needs to be taller I think,) the helmet just looks a little off in several ways (crown, lenses and flap) and the gloves - as many have said - are WAY too big. But this is so up SSC's alley - the armor paint, the "real-blanket" fabric outfit, the two-part boots sculpt. All so impeccably done.

Wow, seems like you've hit every thread on the forum today. At least a large number of the ones I'm subscribed to. People have the same thing to say about Han and Luke's upcoming Hoth gloves. I usually ask them to go look at a pair of real winter performance gloves, like a ski or snowboard glove. The ones on the Snowtrooper work very well at their current size, as any smaller and they wouldn't make convincing gloves over the typical 1/6 hand (like many existing gloved hands out there suffer). The biggest complaint you'll see is typically the squinty eyes, even though it's largely accepted.

Wow, seems like you've hit every thread on the forum today. At least a large number of the ones I'm subscribed to. People have the same thing to say about Han and Luke's upcoming Hoth gloves. I usually ask them to go look at a pair of real winter performance gloves, like a ski or snowboard glove. The ones on the Snowtrooper work very well at their current size, as any smaller and they wouldn't make convincing gloves over the typical 1/6 hand (like many existing gloved hands out there suffer). The biggest complaint you'll see is typically the squinty eyes, even though it's largely accepted.

Curse of the newb... power in the wrong hands! And these is heady days - SSC reveals a mill new SW releases then HT announces it has the SW license (or whatever they've announced...) Good days for the SW-focussed collector.

And the big gloves definitely make sense from a practical standpoint, but they aren't that big in the movie.

The gloves aren't too big when you have the figure in hand. I read all those posts before my figure arrived, then once I got it it was storm in a teacup talk.

Curse of the newb... power in the wrong hands! And these is heady days - SSC reveals a mill new SW releases then HT announces it has the SW license (or whatever they've announced...) Good days for the SW-focussed collector.

And the big gloves definitely make sense from a practical standpoint, but they aren't that big in the movie.

Well, you know what they say about big gloves.

Extremely vital gear from a practical standpoint to provide adequate insulation to protect one's hands from the bitter coldness of the frozen environments these brave troopers specialize in. Hard to strangle a Rebel with frostbite. :wink1:

Seriously though, they don't bother me at all in person. I just feel fortunate to have two. What does bother me is the lack of more Snowies of a Commander from SSC, and the ridiculous prices on the secondary market.

The gloves aren't too big when you have the figure in hand. I read all those posts before my figure arrived, then once I got it it was storm in a teacup talk.

I have the figure and the gloves seemed too big to me in hand, but I can see how (due to everything on him being pretty beefy - helmet, backpack, thick outfit etc) it wouldn't be an issue for some people.

I think it's the width of the fingers compared to the blaster that it looks noticeably different to onscreen to me.

But as with everything on the SSC Snowie, the gloves are great finish-wise though.

I'm sure this guy's allotment will be long gone by the time I receive my "figure".

Someone else should contact him and ask if he has a picture of the actual in-hand item. He has 30, you'd think he could take a picture of one.

That should actually be a requirement by ebay.

I'm sure this guy's allotment will be long gone by the time I receive my "figure".

Someone else should contact him and ask if he has a picture of the actual in-hand item. He has 30, you'd think he could take a picture of one.

That should actually be a requirement by ebay.
Just asked him for you. Pretty much implied I'd buy all of them if he could prove he has them. We'll see if he responds.

Just saw the listing came here right away. Seems super sketchy, I'm staying away for now.

Just got a reply from the seller:

"Hello, this is also the spot that need be can buy directly, thank you"
- toyshome2014

So... there you have it.

Back