Statue 1/6 Sideshow Bad Blood Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, I got mine today! This is my first statue ever, and I gotta say this piece is beyond amazing, I was speechless when I put it together. Narin did an amazing job sculpting this. This is why I bought just because he sculpt it. The paint job is not the greatest but I can live with it, I might do some tweaking here and there.

But overall the whole thing is just awesome! I love it and I think its worth the money.

I'll put up some pictures soon!

The lighting may be to harsh on the piece as show in the first photo.more subdued might be better for display

Last edited:
Got mine today! Fantastic piece and the paint on this one is really good. Have no complaints. All in all it's a great piece Thank you Sideshow and Narin!

dude, I got mine today! This is my first statue ever, and I gotta say this piece is beyond amazing, I was speechless when I put it together. Narin did an amazing job sculpting this. This is why I bought just because he sculpt it. The paint job is not the greatest but I can live with it, I might do some tweaking here and there.

But overall the whole thing is just awesome! I love it and I think its worth the money.

I'll put up some pictures soon!

Got mine today! Fantastic piece and the paint on this one is really good. Have no complaints. All in all it's a great piece Thank you Sideshow and Narin!

Let's see those pics fellas. :)

I"ll try to get some pics guys unless someone beats me to it! You know each piece is hand painted and they all may be a little different. The way my turned out I like it. I guess I was pleasantly surprised,after hearing all the horror stories about bad paint apps on the Sideshow Preds .I got lucky on this one.

Just got my statue in and I think it's great! Though the paint job could always be better, this one is not bad at all for something that has a run of 1,500! Here are a few pics & my video review!

Narin_zpse8572fec.jpg

Narin2_zps32282963.jpg

Narin3_zps7d14391d.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/DtfHD1gkZ90[/ame]

Thanks for the video Emarae. Firstly, I must say, I've read all the bloviated comments from others about how the paint job is this and how its not that, etc. etc.

Firstly, I am a realist and I know if you want paint jobs of the quality of Joe D, you are going to pay an arm and a leg for it. I have a general idea what I am going to get for $300 for a mass produced statue. Let me say that what I have seen of this is very, very impressive! I am really, really liking what I see with this statue, so much so that I am now going to drive to CornerStoreComics and pick it up right now!

Even mass produced, the paint job is done very well. Yes, the green blood is rather simply done, but everything else looks pretty awesome. A little lack of detailing in the mouth, but from a normal viewing distance I would never be able to see that clearly from a smaller scale statue like this.

The detail paint on the skulls are done very well, and the metal like armor on the Predator on the ground and the weapon look very good!
Impressive! Most impressive!

Thanks for the video Emarae. Firstly, I must say, I've read all the bloviated comments from others about how the paint job is this and how its not that, etc. etc.

Firstly, I am a realist and I know if you want paint jobs of the quality of Joe D, you are going to pay an arm and a leg for it. I have a general idea what I am going to get for $300 for a mass produced statue. Let me say that what I have seen of this is very, very impressive! I am really, really liking what I see with this statue, so much so that I am now going to drive to CornerStoreComics and pick it up right now!

Even mass produced, the paint job is done very well. Yes, the green blood is rather simply done, but everything else looks pretty awesome. A little lack of detailing in the mouth, but from a normal viewing distance I would never be able to see that clearly from a smaller scale statue like this.

The detail paint on the skulls are done very well, and the metal like armor on the Predator on the ground and the weapon look very good!
Impressive! Most impressive!

I've always admired Narin's kit's/ statues in the past, but could never afford them or have them painted and built up the way I would want. That being said, this is a bargain for being an awesome Narin sculpt, being practically preassembled and having an overall fantastic paint job for something mass produced. If you have the talent to paint and modify it further, you have an already awesome starting point is all I was trying to say. I don't have the skill for something like a Joe D paint up, but I think I can go in there and touch up some details like add a few more spots and washes to bring out more detail. The popped out eyeball is something I want to also fix as well as the blood, but even if you didn't it's a really great statue and I think it looks great! :)

If you have a moment can you take some detailed photos of the fallen pred's bio?

Yeah, they want a little much for their statues but this one is tempting. It's definitely one of the better themed 1/5 Predator statues SS currently offers if not the best IMO. Everything else is a little boring in comparison.

Yeah, they want a little much for their statues but this one is tempting. It's definitely one of the better themed 1/5 Predator statues SS currently offers if not the best IMO. Everything else is a little boring in comparison.

Well, I went down to CSC and looked at all three (Elder, WOlf and Bad Blood). After seeing Emarae video, I was pumped. But when I saw all three next to each other, there was no comparison. The Elder and the Wolf were better done. IT might have been the really, really, really bad blood (no pun intended) paint app. It was that bad. Plus he is a little smaller than the other two. I don't do 1/6 at $300. Sorry too much for this.

I do agree from a pose standpoint, he is very interesting. In fact, I like most everything about it except the size and the paint app in relation to the price. Nice base too. Too small for too much.

This statue is worth 150dollars

I agree with the paint app on it. Narins kits and Joe D's paint apps are phenomenal on the Predators, but even then, it's still wayyyy overpriced.

This non Joe D 1/6 statue at most should be $199.
A true Joe D 1/6 paint up on a Narin statue should be $400 at most (that includes shipping). This is my HO.

I agree with the paint app on it. Narins kits and Joe D's paint apps are phenomenal on the Predators, but even then, it's still wayyyy overpriced.

This non Joe D 1/6 statue at most should be $199.
A true Joe D 1/6 paint up on a Narin statue should be $400 at most (that includes shipping). This is my HO.

Well then it wouldn't be a Joe D paint up! :rotfl

Regarding the Bad Blood Pred, scale and price aside I was talking purely about the theme which I find more interesting out of any 1/5 Pred (or in this case 1/6) SS has produced. But it's because SS didn't come up with it. Narin did. And his Pred pieces are ALAWYS interesting!

Well then it wouldn't be a Joe D paint up! :rotfl

Regarding the Bad Blood Pred, scale and price aside I was talking purely about the theme which I find more interesting out of any 1/5 Pred (or in this case 1/6) SS has produced. But it's because SS didn't come up with it. Narin did. And his Pred pieces are ALAWYS interesting!

I agree. I do like Narin's poses on his Predators more than what I have seen on the Elder, Classic and Wolf so far.

There's so much more life and excitement and just in general better poses.

I agree. I do like Narin's poses on his Predators more than what I have seen on the Elder, Classic and Wolf so far.

There's so much more life and excitement and just in general better poses.

Narin is the King... and knows how to sculpt his Preds! I love his stuff too!

I believe ( and please correct me if I'm wrong)that the original unpainted kit cost $369.00 Painting aside (my looks pretty good) the sculpt was beautifully reproduced by Sideshow. The sculpt alone is worth $300.00

Back