1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Mikey did you make him Episode II Older looking or Episode III rejuvenated? He looks sorta old and age spotty to me. (which I prefer)

Looks fabulous at any rate.

Thanks!
I split the difference a bit. I didn't do liverspots or anything, but I did add some reddish tinge around his eyes.

Thanks!
I split the difference a bit. I didn't do liverspots or anything, but I did add some reddish tinge around his eyes.

Nice touch Mikey. The factory paints accurrately capture his "pretty" look from ROTS, but your apps show what should have been.

My apologies for the delay on fulfilling this request. Here's a full pic of Palps with the altered coloration on the robes. I'm about to repaint the Sid head and I just got the parts I need to do some lightening! So excited!!!

P2120014.jpg

Sorry, Mike...

How did you get Papatine's inner robe out? I mean so you can coloured it...

Last edited:

No problem. It's a seperate piece from the sleeveless coat. Easy. ust take off the coat, then take off the inner robe.

I hate you dude. You can make something so difficult look and sound so easy.

What inner coat are you referring to?

I hate you dude. You can make something so difficult look and sound so easy.

What inner coat are you referring to?

I think he was asking how I got the tabarded sleeve section off of the figure in order to darken it, not realizing that the sleeveless first layer is actually seperate. It all becomes clear when you undress your dollies.:monkey3

I think he was asking how I got the tabarded sleeve section off of the figure in order to darken it, not realizing that the sleeveless first layer is actually seperate. It all becomes clear when you undress your dollies.:monkey3

Actually my question was about how did you get the inner robe out, because of Palpatine's big head?

Yeah, sorry guys. Yes, I had to boil and pop off the head to get the costume off and on. I didn't even think about it because I take off the had anyway to paint it. I did some light cutting at the inside of the neck so it can come off a bit easier for when I want to headswap with Sid.

Gotta say, these are two amazing figs. Can't wait to show em to my Dad tomorrow.

I need to find a Darth Sidious only...I don't have space for both of them right now...and I don't like collecting same figures.

I only want sidious(but then again if i had a robe for palps it would go well with maul)

I just bought a nude palpatine for the black POTF robes I bought. Woot. So now I have 2 palps and 2 sids.

Lerath you should considering calling them on the phone when you place the order. The website is slower than piss and sometimes its inventory is wrong.

Back