1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Not sure why pants matter but I just took my Hasbro Sids pants off and out them on my SS Sid. People are looking at my funny... :eek:

lamour.jpg

I'm really surprised that SS overlooked the pants. It's not like one of those "we never saw them, so how do we now he had them". Clearly, they were seen.

I don't think they overlooked his pants, just kept the cost down by not including them. Yes I'm sure a pair of pants probably wouldn't add up to much, but for most collector's it'll be a mute issue. Only the few of us astute enough to observe that detail would really pick up on it and care. He had to have the dress part anyway, so unless you intend to flip the figure over in a pose, pants aren't needed. I added pants because I happened to have some spare ones that worked perfectly, but if I didn't it wouldn't bother me.

I think they left the pants out for a better "drape" of his robes.
At 1/6 the pants would have bulged out the waist.

I have to say, I didn't realize how . . . dainty the little black dress was going to be until I got the figure. I think it was the elegant lace that threw me off, or maybe the chic fit that really seems to complement Grandma Sidious' supple figure.

Either way, I wonder if the costumers at Sideshow had a good laugh at the fact that they could sell the greatest villain of the galaxy secretly dressed in stylish women's evening wear. :lol

I'd prefer if they left his pants on...

Having a cross-dressing figure just doesn't seem right...

Either way, I wonder if the costumers at Sideshow had a good laugh at the fact that they could sell the greatest villain of the galaxy secretly dressed in stylish women's evening wear. :lol

:lol You know they did.
I'm going to put the Hasbro Dooku's pants on mine.

I don't figure I'll be regularly hiking up his robe, so I'll leave him in his evening gown.

Back