1/6 Raiders Col. Dietrich

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Seeing Mfisher's made me nearly wet myself, and then see Chalkys, I got to get to work!

Here's mine as he stands...and stands....and stands....
Need to get back to this guy. Head by Vartal, and work in progress...

Deitrich010.jpg

Gotta get better boots and bits yet. One of those ongoing, never done guys.

You were right Les, he looks like Zombie Dietrich!:lol Awesome work so far, though.

Chalky, your Dietrich looks great!!

Hi All

chalkyYT - He looks excellent mate and that HS looks perfect well done indeed.

Les Walker - Les I have no doubt that your Dietrich will as impressive as the rest of your figures.

Ron

cheers guys, means alot coming from some of the big names on these threads! its nice to see a bit of a surge in indy customs over the last couple of weeks, with dietrich and sallah leading the way. hopefully sideshow will take notice!!

Those look FANTASTIC! :clap:clap

Awesome work!

(Any chance you guys could maybe post a little more detail about your recipes? I'm a noob at customs and I'm having a wee bit of trouble tracking down the specific costume pieces as I don't quite know what they're called. You know ... other than "German WWII uniform.")

:slap

Last edited:
Definitely not those Mando... you need braided shoulder boards with the gold pips... Toys City made a set... I will have to dig up the set number though.. off the top of my head I think it was # 17

FINALLY! Got ole Dietrich done.
Have had the parts (or most of them, the new shoulder boards and pips, etc., are newer) for years now. Took me forever to get to the head, which sat forever alongside others, but when Sallah got done, I thought, finish this guy. What was left to do, was the insignia stuff and shoulders. Took me ages to get back to, but he's done. Made the hat insignia with a spare button from his coat that wasn't needed, the eagle from an old 21st Century Afrika Corp guy, and a button I turned into the German color button below the eagle.
Was lucky on the hands. Used a SS buck body, and trimmed the wrists so the HT hands would fit, and just painted them, and painted the boots, etc. and the rest was all in hand.

Hope he passes muster. Thanks again to Vartal for the head.

MyDietrich010.jpg

MyDietrich008.jpg

MyDietrich007.jpg

MyDietrich005.jpg

MyDietrich002.jpg

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Love that last shot -- very smug -- "I have the perfect man for this sort of work."

Excellent Dietrich! Let's see all three bad guys together!

Exceptional work as always Les, I can't wait to get my uniform delivered and start on it. I have the DML HS already but now seeing how great the HS that you have looks painted I think I'll have to get it.

Ron

Great stuff, Les! I'm gonna have to grab the Vartal headsculpt soon. Been working on a melty/imploding Dietrich head just gotta find the time to sit down and finish it.

FINALLY! Got ole Dietrich done.
Have had the parts (or most of them, the new shoulder boards and pips, etc., are newer) for years now. Took me forever to get to the head, which sat forever alongside others, but when Sallah got done, I thought, finish this guy. What was left to do, was the insignia stuff and shoulders. Took me ages to get back to, but he's done. Made the hat insignia with a spare button from his coat that wasn't needed, the eagle from an old 21st Century Afrika Corp guy, and a button I turned into the German color button below the eagle.
Was lucky on the hands. Used a SS buck body, and trimmed the wrists so the HT hands would fit, and just painted them, and painted the boots, etc. and the rest was all in hand.

Hope he passes muster. Thanks again to Vartal for the head.

MyDietrich010.jpg

MyDietrich008.jpg

MyDietrich007.jpg

MyDietrich005.jpg

MyDietrich002.jpg

Gorgeous work!

Thanks all.
Hemble, what uniform did you order? I can't remember where this uniform coat and hat set came from, probably Monkey Depot I think, but not sure which figure set, and it had a lot of sticker or iron on insignias that were tough to get off, had to scrape them with a blade to remove them, but otherwise, it is so close, a bit green still, but still pretty on.
The rest were those same insignia you all posted earlier from MD. You have to get or make the parts for his cap. His gloves are HT ones from a newer figure, but I am not sure who. Just get good wrist length gloves.

Great stuff, Les! I'm gonna have to grab the Vartal headsculpt soon. Been working on a melty/imploding Dietrich head just gotta find the time to sit down and finish it.

THAT is a great accessory! Just like for Toht, he needs his Ark opening face! lol! Count me in for one if you duplicate it. He didn't have much else. A flask, a riding crop maybe? Can't recall much more. An extra head would bolster his sidebar items considerably.

Vartal's head is pretty much on.
BTW, on the SS buck body, this guy is properly the tallest of the set, as he should be. Just a thought.

Back