1/6 Morgan Freeman as Detective Lt. William Somerset (Se7en)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandir93

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys

This is my first ever 1/6 custom. I thought I'd go with something I'd really appreciate at the end and something that was not too difficult to put together and within a small budget. As a huge Morgan Freeman fan I went with Detective Lt. William Somerset from the 1995 movie Se7en, also starring Brad Pitt, Kevin Spacey and Gwyneth Paltrow.

It just so happens that one of the best looking head sculpts around was of Morgan Freeman from Headplay and the outfit was simple to put together and quite inexpensive.

I'm happy with it for the most part. I'm getting a new shirt as the one I bought has huge collars and I'm buying a longer trench coat more similar to the movie. The main problem is the hat. In the movie, Freeman wears a type of trilby hat and I found finding a hat very hard for this custom. The hat I settled with is ok for now but I'm looking high and low for a hat that isn't so tall with a shorter brim that's truer to the movie. If anyone can help me with the hat, please let me know.

Here are a few pictures:

283435_4781324537691_462088715_n.jpg

552298_4781324977702_1021295703_n.jpg

563875_4781325377712_527733770_n.jpg

314181_4781325737721_867250647_n.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Looks nice but the clothing is what is making it look Bulky... maybe you should give the Asmus Toys Somerset Suit a try... they fit and look better
https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=79

The hat is a great find...

I thought about the Asmus set but the the colours weren't true to the movie. I'm happy with the bulk in a way because the body is very thin so any clothes smaller would make it look like a twig :lol and the coat is a very tight fit, hence I'm buying a much larger trench coat.

So you think the hat looks ok? I thought it looked a little over-sized. But then again hats are always annoying with 1/6. I don't think I've come across a perfect fitting hat with any figure yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I said the hat looks ok, because Ive hardly seen any real cloth hats fit well/look good. Most fitting hats are sculpted so you got lucky/did a good job finding this one...

Back