1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I’m tempted - especially after seeing all these pics. Aaaaahggghhh……

Better late than never- the postman came through and delivered Mr J!

Quick initial thoughts are it’s a fantastic figure that definitely needs quite a bit of futzing for the suit.
Headsculpts are beautiful but I will probably add a bit of gloss to the teeth as they’re looking a bit dry/matte. I think if HT were to have done this version, the paint apps would’ve looked too real rather than what Mars has done where it has that look like its fleshtone makeup.
Hands are awful but already knew that going in.
Accessories are incredible. Tie isn’t all that bad at all. Not great and Dino’s is superior but I wouldn’t have been mad at the tie it comes with if that’s all we had.
The museum hat/beret is super easy to futz. Put it on and just moved the top to slant on one side and it stayed by itself, no need to add any weight inside.
I’ll have to check it more thoroughly to make sure I don’t have any broken arms or backwards legs. Overall, very satisfied with it but will probably still sell the parts I don’t want/need. I will admit, the more time I spend with it, the more I like it. It feels like a stronger release than their DX08 KO. I feel like they would do well to release another purple suit variant with these headsculpts painted in full clown makeup with their now better tailoring and hopefully better sculpted hands.

Also, @Wor-Gar - it is very easy to get the baggy look on the pants for my copy. Didn’t even need to soak them in water. Just opened up the jacket and vest to pull them down from the waist/belt some and that gave enough of a baggy look at the feet to match pretty well to that reference pic
Do you mean the green and purple tie he's wearing out of the box or the or the other one he comes with?

I need to futz with the pants on mine.

Do you mean the green and purple tie he's wearing out of the box or the or the other one he comes with?

I need to futz with the pants on mine.
The other one he comes with that's meant for the museum look. It's not perfect, but if it's all we had, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'll edit my post to clarify it a bit more :duff

The other one he comes with that's meant for the museum look. It's not perfect, but if it's all we had it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'll edit my post to clarify it a bit more :duff
So that tie with the regular purple suit is all we need to accurately replicate the museum look?

Now I'm thinking I need an extra regular joke for that look. Just wary of displaying two near identical suits next to each other. Maybe sticking with one and alternating the head sculpts every few weeks is the way to go.

So that tie with the regular purple suit is all we need to accurately replicate the museum look?

Now I'm thinking I need an extra regular joke for that look. Just wary of displaying two near identical suits next to each other. Maybe sticking with one and alternating the head sculpts every few weeks is the way to go.
Pretty much. That tie, one of the headsculpts and the beret with either the cane or paint brush in his hand will get you there with the museum look.

YES!!!

Kit has him back up for a "short pre order" for March/April. Just got my order in.

Happy to have held out from ordering on Ebay. So have now preordered the 89 Batman v2.0, and bought Bruce Wayne, Alfred, and Mob Joker in the space of 3 weeks.

Will now give my wife to change my passwords and keep hold of my cards for a while.
Thanks for the heads up 👍🏼 I was able to get an order in as well.

photo_2024-02-04_08-41-15 2.jpg

Man, everywhere you go you see people talking about this figure online. The hype is real.

Do you think Hot Toys sees all this and looks at Prank Villain Romero and Mr. J Nicholson and think “man, we really ****** up not making more of Batman’s classic villain”? I get not doing Kravitz Catwoman, Paul Dano Riddler, etc. but these iconic, colorful villains that pop? For shame. I mean, all these places have sold out of Keaton, Mob Joker, Romero etc and people are clamoring for more. So much so we get second runs, more opportunities, etc. When these first hit, everyone was scrambling “where can I order, where can I get one”, myself included.

For official license holders, Hot Toys really left money on the table. Not only did a company somehow bootleg your product, they went out, got their own top notch sculptors and made their OWN figures. Unprecedented really.

Now I’m really excited for Gorshin Riddler, Carrey Riddler, Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face, 60s Catwoman, Pfieffer and Devito Penguin. Finally, the iconic villains getting the figures they deserve.

To be fair to HT these would never have come out anywhere near the prices we are seeing. These are bootlegs. Good ones at times, but still bootlegs.
It does make you wonder, however. How much is licensing? How much is sculpting? How much is manufacturing? How much is mark-up? I know it's not as clear cut as that, or maybe it is? I don't know.
I get it, we all want to get paid.
How much would these have been if Mars had to pay for the licensing?

This is a cool figure but I always say you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to 3rd party figures.

Mine came with a broken foot and a piece of the boot broken off. I had to heat gun the ball peg and ankle to pop it back in.

How’s the customer service in Giantoy, is it like Sideshow if I reached out for a boot replacement?

Overall, definitely a fun figure to have aside from the minor QC issues.

IMG_1939.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

Bummer about that foot! Looks like packaging damage. I got something similar with an SSR figure once.

I definitely wouldn’t say you get what you pay for when it comes to Mars though. I’d say you get more than what you pay for.

Bummer about that foot! Looks like packaging damage. I got something similar with an SSR figure once.

I definitely wouldn’t say you get what you pay for when it comes to Mars though. I’d say you get more than what you pay for.

True, that’s why I didn’t freak out as much. His ankle is covered anyways so you can’t see it so it’s all good. Fun figure nonetheless.

Man, everywhere you go you see people talking about this figure online. The hype is real.

Do you think Hot Toys sees all this and looks at Prank Villain Romero and Mr. J Nicholson and think “man, we really ****** up not making more of Batman’s classic villain”? I get not doing Kravitz Catwoman, Paul Dano Riddler, etc. but these iconic, colorful villains that pop? For shame. I mean, all these places have sold out of Keaton, Mob Joker, Romero etc and people are clamoring for more. So much so we get second runs, more opportunities, etc. When these first hit, everyone was scrambling “where can I order, where can I get one”, myself included.

For official license holders, Hot Toys really left money on the table. Not only did a company somehow bootleg your product, they went out, got their own top notch sculptors and made their OWN figures. Unprecedented really.

Now I’m really excited for Gorshin Riddler, Carrey Riddler, Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face, 60s Catwoman, Pfieffer and Devito Penguin. Finally, the iconic villains getting the figures they deserve.
I am loving how colourful and larger than life these villains are. Even Keaton has the bright splash of yellow on his belt and emblem.

The modern trend of everything having to be so grounded and colourless is getting tiresome.

I am loving how colourful and larger than life these villains are. Even Keaton has the bright splash of yellow on his belt and emblem.

The modern trend of everything having to be so grounded and colourless is getting tiresome.
Im hoping James GUnn goes buck wild on the new DC stuff as far as Comic book stuff goes. I appreciate the grounded stuff of Nolan, and then the perfect balance between the 2 in the snyderverse. But, I am ready for all out comic book style now.

Back