1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that museum sculpt the more I see it. Would buy those parts as a standalone for my DX08 if they were made available.

Yeah, I bought the required parts from a Toy Anxiety drop of the DX08 Joker as a just-in-case. As much as I think the Museum Joker competes with the Regular Joker on the shelf, I am leaning toward building out a Museum Joker just because I have never had one before. AND I can finally use that big purple overcoat to create the Parade Joker which I have never used before. Big changes for HT Jack after more than a decade on the shelf.

Gotta get a better Museum Joker tie though, otherwise no go.

Museum - Parade - Classic Joker COMP.jpg

NOTE: my Museum Joker example above has the incorrect regular tie.

Great review. Awesome figure.

These sculpts... are better than the one in the DX08. Amazing.

I chatted with Dino about a museum Joker tie back in May of last year and said I’d get back with him about it when the figure releases. Just waiting on his reply about doing a small run of them.

View attachment 683366

That's great.

If he says he'll do it, can you ask him not to glue down the folded ties to each other -- I had a heck of a time with my Romero tie being glued askew and when I tried to fix it the glue released and I ended up with glue patches I needed to scrape off and then paint over to hide. Fortunately that tie was black.

If he absolutely needs to glue it to hold shape, which I understand, then as long as he makes all of them look the same, and exactly like the one above, then I'd be happier.

That's great.

If he says he'll do it, can you ask him not to glue down the folded ties to each other -- I had a heck of a time with my Romero tie being glued askew and when I tried to fix it the glue released and I ended up with glue patches I needed to scrape off and then paint over to hide. Fortunately that tie was black.

If he absolutely needs to glue it to hold shape, which I understand, then as long as he makes all of them look the same, and exactly like the one above, then I'd be happier.
I’ll have to look at mine again. I didn’t know he glued them together. I’ll make him aware though.

Was there ever a replacement hat for DX08?
I remember talk of one back when the figure came out but nothing about a stand alone hat that would fit the current DX08 head. I know Rocco did a hatted sculpt last year and someone else is working on a hatted sculpt over on the custom one-sixth forum by Finwee. I think Finwee's is closer

EDIT:
Early WIP of Finwee's hatted sculpt
315478-Jackhatver.png

Rocco’s hatted sculpt painted by OneSixthVisage:

IMG_1153.jpeg

Last edited:
Finwee’s sculpt came to mind immediately when I saw the posts here about wanting a better hat or a hatted sculpt. I think it’s going to be an outstanding sculpt, perhaps even one of the best. That said, I didn’t think many folks here would find it palatable to pay more for just the sculpt than they did for the full figure.

Yeah this turned out great. Not really the most memorable outfit from the movie, but I do like that it's at least a different look from the one we've had forever.

Still hoping Mars does a Jack Napier with the black hat and trenchcoat (not that they don't already have a million other things to get out).

Looking forward to seeing one of these sculpts painted with the full makeup and green hair.

The HT hat may actually work with the Fin hatless sculpt and the Yunsil suit. He isn’t matting down the hair for his sculpt and the HT hat has a bit of room in it to where it may work. The Yunsil prototype suit also seems a bit bigger than the stock DX08.

Looks like they won't be reissuing this as Kit stated on Facebook. Tbf you can already get this on eBay for £10 more than retail so don't know why people are kicking up a fuss on FB. 😂

This looks killer just not that hat!

Looks like they won't be reissuing this as Kit stated on Facebook. Tbf you can already get this on eBay for £10 more than retail so don't know why people are kicking up a fuss on FB. 😂

This looks killer just not that hat!

Kit's answers, and the reason for not doing extra batches being the avoidance of possible QC issues (as with the '66 Joker), and not holding up the production of their other figures:

Kit Chen
Admin

I don’t think so, too many complaints for 2nd batch

Kit Chen
Admin

2 batches can’t be exactly same, there will be another QC issue to run a new batch, also people said mars should focus on clearing his debt instead of re-issues, I’d strongly recommend him not to re issue any figure again

Back