1/6 legend of zelda Link?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rogster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought or even made a custom link figure? I am very interested in making my own so some ideas would help.

I am hoping to make a Twighlight princess style link. I have most things figured out, but need suggestions on his gloves, boots, and chainmail.

Jessica made one:
dsc05271a.jpg

dsc05270g.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50143&page=29

K.bowen as well:
attachment.php

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89728

hey jessica! I've been trying to get a hold of you, but your PM box is full. I would love to have one of those shields and vambace. Oh and maybe the headsculpt depending on the new one. If you could sell me this stuff, shoot me a pm and clear some space on your pm bo please? :)

Hey Rogster! Sorry about the PM being full up--just took care of that. The shield is not ready--have to figure out how to make the back...to make sure that Link is able to hold it...was going to use neodymium magnets...and then not sure if I make casts...it might be heavy. There's someone else making a really nice headsculpt, and I am tempted to go with that one. Anyway, Link is still a work in progress. I will futz with him until he looks good.

What do you guys think if the shield can be vacu-formed? Wouldn't that be lighter?

why not do it with the old fashioned handle and forearm grip? And what about the sword? Can you make me a sword? Oh and the vambrace! I love the work on this figure because it was all done by you. Don't use that guys sculpt, it's your link and it's pretty damn awesome.

I was going to sculpt the forearm grip with sculpey, and imbed magnets in there--so it's easy for me to take his shield on or off...don't want to accidentally mess up his arm. Right now the shield is made out of balsa and it's nice and light--I will have to tighten up his joints if it were any heavier.

I tried to make a cast of the sword, but the plastic was either too old or I didn't mix well--so it turned out like crap. I have purchased ultra hard resin, but haven't had the nerve to try it out yet.

ahh, I see. When you try it please let me know, I would love one of those swords it's beautiful! You wouldn't be willing to make a whole new sword would you? I imagine it takes a while, but it's worth asking.

i m watching it on ebay :pray:but it usually goes for like $150 which is a bit high it looks great though

Really? Wow I had no idea. My set is just sitting in the box in the garage. I got it on clearance at Target a long time ago for like $15.

ooh would you sell it? Haha I kind of wish I didn't tell you what it was going for now. LOL

ugh my wallet is shaking, I really want this but I'm sure you can get more than what this 15 yr old texas boy can give you. LOL name your price.

I understand man. Let me know if you do end up selling. Haha but I would only offer $50 for it.

You would have to find a teen-sized body for that sword and shield...although it's really super kewl.

Picture_121.jpg

And then you'd have to figure out how to make a scabbard...

Back