1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed it features the great job most of the "older" characters (Old Ben. Gandalf, Palpatine) do...

What worries me the most is the close stubble. It's even more subtle than on the Raiders sculpt, and we know how that turned out.

What worries me the most is the close stubble. It's even more subtle than on the Raiders sculpt, and we know how that turned out.

Indeed, I'm not worried about the rest as it looked fine on the Raiders head, but the stubble, I really would prefer no paint at all because I just have a feeling any attempt to paint something just won't look right.

I'm not too keen on the expression either but I'm sure they wanted to make it as far from the first Indy figure as possible. I don't mind it before the paint job though.

I liked the first Indy in hand better and I probably will this one too. :)

The unpainted head looks great, but once the paint was added it lost something.

Screw it. Went for the Fridge, canceled my standard and went exclusive.

The fridge is a fun exclusive, but I'd rather have another figure for the price! It's also not as crucial to Indy as the Ark or the idol base is, so I can live without it. I'm also glad the regular is only $90, considering he does come pretty loaded!

I thought that too initially, Jim...until I considered how I display my Indy stuff.

The Idol pedestal sits on the left side of my display of various Indy stuff, and this set will be on the right, almost like a book end. Plus, while the idol environment generates an occassional "Cool!" from folks who see it, the fridge and KOTCS Indy could be a real conversation starter!

The more I look at at, the more I like it...

I thought that too initially, Jim...until I considered how I display my Indy stuff.

The Idol pedestal sits on the left side of my display of various Indy stuff, and this set will be on the right, almost like a book end. Plus, while the idol environment generates an occassional "Cool!" from folks who see it, the fridge and KOTCS Indy could be a real conversation starter!

The more I look at at, the more I like it...

I have a feeling that those who glance over my 'curio' will stop at Indy with the fridge and say:

"WTF??? Nooooo way. That's hilarious!" :D

One thing I'm curious about is their seeming desire to want to do so much in polystone. The fridge is made of polystone but I think would be much better served if it were plastic and resin. It would have been just as nice and I would have to think would cut some of the cost.

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

Back