1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another comparison. Sorry for the pixilation - saved it too small. :)
It does look a bit narrow, but not anything to write home about IMO.
hatcompfront.png

It looks like they shrunk the hat down to proper scale, but the head didn't. If the head had been shrunk by another fraction, this would've been the perfect outro for Sideshow and on par with Henry Sr.

:lol I know, but honestly I thought the prototype pics look just like the production pieces do.... It's not perfect but ain't that a fitting end to this short lived line?... can't wait to get him.

Actually, the width of the proto hat lines up with the hair, so the effect of the hat squishing the hair under it, it's about the right size. The production hat does appear to be smaller relative to the head than the proto.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/3912_press03.jpg

I hope the regular edition will go on second chance, I had to cancel right now, but if he's back up, I can get him with reward points.

That's what I was getting at, the brim size can be debated for accurracy and importance, but the top part, if it looks too small for the head it's on to fit in it, then it would be a mismatch.

The ribbon on the proto hat lines up with his hair from a front on view, which like I said, the way hats work, the har would get squished under it and it would hug his head tightly. The production ribbing looks to be where his skull would continue from teh part showing, and to fit on his head the top half would have to come in smaller than the bottom. It's too bad the hat was likely cast separate from the head, if they were cast together, any shrinking or expanding would be uniform to both pieces.

Well, to me the brim always looked small:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/3912_press05.jpg

I know you're referring to the top portion and you're definitely right. Still, could be a bit of camera angle deception.
That's what I was getting at, the brim size can be debated for accurracy and importance, but the top part, if it looks too small for the head it's on to fit in it, then it would be a mismatch.

The ribbon on the proto hat lines up with his hair from a front on view, which like I said, the way hats work, the har would get squished under it and it would hug his head tightly. The production ribbing looks to be where his skull would continue from teh part showing, and to fit on his head the top half would have to come in smaller than the bottom. It's too bad the hat was likely cast separate from the head, if they were cast together, any shrinking or expanding would be uniform to both pieces.

:lol Guys, you're looking at pics, I'm looking at the actual head. The hat, on a normal person, would not fit the head, it would just sit on top. I'm not talking about the brim, the CROWN is too small.

:lol Guys, you're looking at pics, I'm looking at the actual head. The hat, on a normal person, would not fit the head, it would just sit on top. I'm not talking about the brim, the CROWN is too small.

Question, is the ROTLA hat any bigger? I have a ROTLA hat that I took from the hat-attached Indy sculpt just sitting around .... Might not make a huge difference but even a slight improvement could be a good thing... :huh

Compared to the film still it looks only slightly thinner, mainly toward the top. In person it looks fine to me too.

Question, is the ROTLA hat any bigger? I have a ROTLA hat that I took from the hat-attached Indy sculpt just sitting around .... Might not make a huge difference but even a slight improvement could be a good thing... :huh

To my eye the ROTLA hat is bigger (side to side) than the KOTCS sculpt. I noticed that last night.

It's almost identical to the Raider's hat. But realistically, he'd have to scoop out his temples to get the hat on. Again, it's not so glaring as to send the figure back in a tissy, but it's obvious. :(

Back