1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You guys !

In fact, this sculpt come from seller "smart-man-toys" from China (the one unpainted at 10 dollars) and the head is a little bit undersized compared to the original 1:6 cast of TOD figure.
View attachment 405252
But it is a good thing for the proportions.

Yes, I have the shrunken head from PF ROTLA also but the cast that I won was not very good...

Thank You for the advice, I never noticed this fact

So it's a re-cast of the 1/6 scale Sideshow Temple of Doom figure then, rather than the Premium Format ToD figure from about 10 years ago? I'm a bit confused now!! Look like the 1/6 scale head to me (especially judging by the ludicrously over-sized Pharrell hat!!), which was already a little on the small side anyway, so not sure why you'd want to shrink it any further???!!! :rotfl

One of you had asked to post up photos of my Cairo series customs side by side..(thus far just these two- but there are at least two more in the works for this series)

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

You like to push realism to the maximum, with lot of details who tell a story. It is great.
The drape also falls really well on the assassin.
What do you use for sculpting ?

I just use a two part epoxy clay.. I believe it was either miliput or Tamiya brand.. I mainly use that material to sculpt the "turk's head knots" at the base of my whips.. so this same package has lasted for some time.. you can see that the wrist joints on Indy have been filled in to hide the joints.. same material used there for that as well.

As for the fabric drape.. old trick (and you may know this already).. once I get all the painting done and I am ready to dress the figure... Soak the clothing liberally in cheap hairspray.. (I prefer a pump action bottle as opposed to aerosol as you have better control) then clothe the figure and simply shape the clothing into the desired drape / hang.... once dry the clothing will be rather stiff and you can move into weathering it.

A few Indy bits have become available (Fedora, pants, shoes, pistols, whip + some custom DiD Colman bags with leather straps). PM me for details.

Finally I got the ultimate indy sculpt that, I will have as my main sculpt. Although not painted, for now the smiling sculpt will do until I have this one painted. Thanks EarlHickey98 it's an awesome sculpt. 20180423_182549.jpg20180423_182559.jpg

Thanks guys. I think it was being painted before but was stopped. It has a good flesh color that I hope the artist of my choice can use when they paint it.

Back