1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I shaved out a piece using a Dremel:

aa249d4952158144b105600297da9dd5.jpg

8693e7432846c09492a36d3ca809147f.jpg

Better, but still not round enough on the top and needed to be thinner on the sides, so:

721a07f0ae52707f5197c5d4acc41125.jpg

ff3c99378fe99e23944792719602e32e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, “if” I ever got it right, should I have it molded? Meaning would anyone else here want one?
My friend advised me to have him mold it, that way the final sanding is one material as oppose to the 5 different materials that I have been working with ... hence it would be easier to fix after

6c9aa3904ce4a07b7350e5d07d9449f7.jpg

9594f05e58e13153a3840936f893908f.jpg

d1d4bff80622ea79e54a3ecad97b6967.jpg

Let me be clear, “if” it ever gets finished properly...

My opinion I think the brim are too thick, and I kinda like the earlier version haha.

I would love to get one, depends on the final result :)

The brim is way too thick, and way too wide also.
But my friend said that to mold it strongly, don’t make the brim too thin, otherwise I’ll just snap easily, which is something I’m sure we’ve all encountered when we bought 1/6th scale hats on the eBay or wherever. The idea would be that I get it to a certain point, and then everyone can just sand it to the way that they like it, whatever thickness etc. If I could get to the point where anyone could just alter it with sandpaper, it would be kind of fun.
And I would not bring doing this for profit ...
I, like many people here, have had our custom Indy’s being revised on going for 10 years, and I put countless dollars and revisions into it, if by sheer stupidity, luck and massive revisions I happen to get it right, I would want everyone else to be able to have fun with it in their own way.

Because I finally have the rest of him to a standard that I can finally except
thanks to the Sideshow TOD body that actually has Harrison’s correct body shape and proportions:

b86cadfba6e8d657108d69ecd9a739db.jpg
b3dc8b527836270d1becd2792994102a.jpg
44bebfef861cf9007af4d92cc89ec14b.jpg
b08486e622c17f824f4467e84b48bacc.jpg
fa274d90cadb4cb9a1195aab0027849d.jpg

Ive likely got the one that came from those Kotobukiya mystery packs in 1/6... Can send you an image.. fire me a PM with your email.

Getting there... just some fine details to add and then dull coat everything... Always wanted a custom of him... started with the Kenner head sculpt.. dyed one of the sideshow jedi robes black and used the head wrap from the HT maproom Indy - also dyed black... took a reference to the old 3 3/4" action figure and added a dagger to his belt... although not screen accurate.. I like to build customs of peripheral characters and create vignettes of how I envisioned them... (Like my old Jock the pilot scene and my Belloq post idol acquisition) Considering the crowd's reaction to that scene by quickly making way for him.. I always figured he was a well known assassin.. this vignette depicts him after cutting down someone in the streets of Cairo.. when I get around to doing detailed photos you will see there is blood splatter on the ground, blade, his hands and face.

IMG_8286.jpg

Last edited:
Getting there... just some fine details to add and then dull coat everything... Always wanted a custom of him... started with the Kenner head sculpt.. dyed one of the sideshow jedi robes black and used the head wrap from the HT maproom Indy - also dyed black... took a reference to the old 3 3/4" action figure and added a dagger to his belt... although not screen accurate.. I like to build customs of peripheral characters and create vignettes of how I envisioned them... (Like my old Jock the pilot scene and my Belloq post idol acquisition) Considering the crowd's reaction to that scene by quickly making way for him.. I always figured he was a well known assassin.. this vignette depicts him after cutting down someone in the streets of Cairo.. when I get around to doing detailed photos you will see there is blood splatter on the ground, blade, his hands and face.

View attachment 403511
Amazing work. I'm curious to see him next to indy now.

View attachment 403511

What body? Did you paint it darker? Or dye it? Looks great.

Stunnjng indy . I have those did glove but I'm struggling to.fit them on the hands without damaging them . How did you make them fit ?

Have the same gloves and got the hands in. I mainly put the hands I'm going to use in hot water for like 50 seconds. Let them become soft, and able to bend, wipe any water it has and put it through the gloves. Work the fingers in and done. Sadly the gloves ripped over time so I have to get new ones.

DWing - I'd have to go back and look... think it was just one of those knock off HT style bodies.. have had a few of those laying about... But I then sculpted a new neck collar bones etc to attach the head to the body and repainted that entire area... I'm not the best sculptor, but luckily that is all mostly covered by the head wrap..

Looks pretty good ! Didn't know someone had shrunken down the PF TOD Indy head ! I was lucky to snag one of the shrunken ROTLA PF heads.. looks great... My advice for your though is get that bag strap under the jacket ! He only wore it outside the jacket in KOTCS !

Man your indy looks amazing. For a second I thought that was Kato's set or yunsil. Well done bud.

Thank you !!! Amazing Indy

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Looks pretty good ! Didn't know someone had shrunken down the PF TOD Indy head ! I was lucky to snag one of the shrunken ROTLA PF heads.. looks great... My advice for your though is get that bag strap under the jacket ! He only wore it outside the jacket in KOTCS !

Thank You guys !

In fact, this sculpt come from seller "smart-man-toys" from China (the one unpainted at 10 dollars) and the head is a little bit undersized compared to the original 1:6 cast of TOD figure.
s-l200.jpg
But it is a good thing for the proportions.

Yes, I have the shrunken head from PF ROTLA also but the cast that I won was not very good...

Thank You for the advice, I never noticed this fact

Back