1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty happy with the result for a figure that's been waiting to be built for about five years.

Love it. Pretty much what I've been planning to do too.... for the last 5 years. :lol

I have my Grail Indy waiting to be put together -- waiting on Solo body now -- but once I complete that, I'll know just what parts I have left over for Digger Indy. I never got a knock-off Indy head but I've seen enough pictures of the DX head in the Arab disguise that I think it looks fine. Not sure what to do with Trev's sculpt once that old Sideshow Indy is stripped of his pants and shoes.

I don't think I'll use the SS shirt -- that shirt gave me great disappointment. Can you even see the shirt under the Arab gear?

Love it. Pretty much what I've been planning to do too.... for the last 5 years. :lol

I have my Grail Indy waiting to be put together -- waiting on Solo body now -- but once I complete that, I'll know just what parts I have left over for Digger Indy. I never got a knock-off Indy head but I've seen enough pictures of the DX head in the Arab disguise that I think it looks fine. Not sure what to do with Trev's sculpt once that old Sideshow Indy is stripped of his pants and shoes.

I don't think I'll use the SS shirt -- that shirt gave me great disappointment. Can you even see the shirt under the Arab gear?

The SS ROTLA sculpts are the only thing that I don't think will ever get re-used, along with the hands. Everything else has been donated to other Indys, and the body to a Hoth Luke.

You see a tiny sliver of the shirt at the 'v-neck' of the robe, and if you look closely you can see the cuff of the shirt on the arm holding the staff. But with futzing you wouldn't need the shirt at all. However, I did like the idea of knowing that he was wearing his 'adventure gear' under the disguise.

Yeah, I'm like that too.

Although I never could figure out where Han hid his boots in his stormtrooper gear. :lol

That's one of life's greatest mysteries!

I also wonder where Indy kept his Browning Hi-Power, when it appeared in the shoot-out in The Raven in Raiders.

I read this before the film came out, and still have the book:

RaidersUK.jpg

DSCN3652-1.jpg

And always thought he ought to have a shoulder holster with a semi-automatic for backup.

WOW -- I remember reading passages from that back in the day but not wanting to spoil the movie. Just wanted to know who the villains were. I think Dietrich was the "Toht" in that book, right? They got flipped (or maybe I misread). Such a cheesy cover.

WOW -- I remember reading passages from that back in the day but not wanting to spoil the movie. Just wanted to know who the villains were. I think Dietrich was the "Toht" in that book, right? They got flipped (or maybe I misread). Such a cheesy cover.

They were the same characters, but I think Toht might have still been called Belzig as in the screenplay.

The novel is a great read with some extra scenes and background.

Oh yeah! Belzig. I remember hating that name. :lol

They had a version of the mine car chase, right? There's a couple things in the original script that made it into Temple of Doom.

That's one of life's greatest mysteries!

I also wonder where Indy kept his Browning Hi-Power, when it appeared in the shoot-out in The Raven in Raiders.

I read this before the film came out, and still have the book:

RaidersUK.jpg

DSCN3652-1.jpg

And always thought he ought to have a shoulder holster with a semi-automatic for backup.
I adore the cover of that book. :rock

I adore the cover of that book. :rock

I remember picking it off the shelf in WH Smiths as clear as if it were yesterday.

Didn't know what Indiana Jones was at the time, or that there was a film coming out, but I liked the cover.

I have a scan of the back cover, but I couldn't find it in my Photobucket yesterday. And the site's down for maintenance at the moment.

When I got to see the film I wondered why the tank and pyramids didn't appear in it. :lol

Also of note, the Germans on the front and back cover are SS, whereas in the film they become regular Wehrmacht, hence the reason I argue that they're not necessarily Nazis in the film - the Generals prevented regular soldiers from joining the Party until Hitler overturned that ruling in 1944. Though they may have already been party members prior to joining the army.

Certainly, in the novel, Dietrich is not a Nazi, and thinks of the Allgemeine SS in Berlin as black-uniformed clowns during the scene in Berlin where he receives his orders:

Dietrich clutched his attache case and rose. It was hard not to feel hatred toward these black-uniformed clowns. They acted as if they owned the world.

perfecta!! thanks pally!!! advice is wonderful!! I have all the parts... too many heads to choose from... but this confirms my feelings on it!!

Is anyone else having problems with the yunsil jacket? I have it on the banner body, and it looks really baggy on him.

Back