1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm, it's good that you can do that, I just don't know if I can be bothered. He's settled in my collection now and I don't plan on picking him up much. I'll bear what you have said in mind should I change my mind at any point.

No worries. I've seen others post how they just set the head on the neck and seemed like not many knew that the connector needed to pulled out first. I did the same thing at first but now I have full range of articulation.

You sowed the seed in my head, so I had to go off and do the fix. It worked really well too, I put a wad of blu tack inside the head so I could get the connector in and keep it just the right height. My neck peg is mega tight in both ends and that head is going nowhere now. So, thanks for the suggestion.

Here's some pics of my finished Indy:

(The HS is just sat on, the peg just didn't want to go in and I don't want to force it. Besides, he'd be neckless if it did click in.)

Well, as far as articulated 1/6 goes, that's it, I'm done! I don't think there's anything else I want or need now. I still have some garage kits to tick off, but, after that it's buy up some Figuarts and then who knows.......

That's a very British looking Indy - i.e. lack of tan!:lol

Looks great though Roger.:clap

And that, surely, is the real shame about the Sideshow TOD sculpt - that people are saying it looks best displayed without the hat!
"The man in the hat is back, but this time he's not wearing his hat"!!

Not sure what you mean - there's a hundred pics in here where the TOD looks great with a hat, and Paramore's repaint proves it's the best Indy sculpt ever done... with a hat.

What I (being one of the two people who said it) meant is that the TOD hairpiece is also very nice sculpt and looks great displayed, wasted sitting in a zip bag not on display.

I know you love the Ingiou V1 - and I do too - but it has a slight Jake Gyllenhaal vibe in some pics, and a slight "generic square-jawed guy" vibe in others, so I'd give the SSC TOD the likeness edge overall - even though the SSC TOD has the issue of size which the Ingiou doesn't have (and to me that's major) and the SSC TOD has a slightly too-rounded look to the face.

That's a very British looking Indy - i.e. lack of tan!:lol

Looks great though Roger.:clap

Not sure what you mean - there's a hundred pics in here where the TOD looks great with a hat, and Paramore's repaint proves it's the best Indy sculpt ever done... with a hat.

What I (being one of the two people who said it) meant is that the TOD hairpiece is also very nice sculpt and looks great displayed, wasted sitting in a zip bag not on display.

I know you love the Ingiou V1 - and I do too - but it has a slight Jake Gyllenhaal vibe in some pics, and a slight "generic square-jawed guy" vibe in others, so I'd give the SSC TOD the likeness edge overall - even though the SSC TOD has the issue of size which the Ingiou doesn't have (and to me that's major) and the SSC TOD has a slightly too-rounded look to the face.

well said

I really need an Indy figure in my collection, another thing on the 'too get' list.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Where does the OSK one rank? Best ever not requiring a repaint?

What's OSK? You mean the eBay recast of the MJ? If that's the one you mean, I have it, but it did lose something in likeness in the recasting process, and that sculpt wasn't 100% HF to begin with (technically: 50% HF, 25% 1980's Spielberg, 25% Sean Penn.:lecture)

And while the Paramore repaint of the SSC TOD head took it to new levels (showing very clearly just how great the sculpt really was,) the factory paint is only a notch below a HT head, so it really doesn't need to be repainted.

It's safe to say none of the heads in circulation are "the" 1/6 Indy head, but my faves in terms of HF likeness are SSC TOD and Ingiou V1 (tie - both have pluses and minuses) followed by the original SSC head (bad paint, less sculpt detail) then the MJ/recast.

But yeah - the MJ recast has OUTSTANDING paints apps for a recast eBay head that takes what's a fairly mediocre likeness to a higher level (much the way many HT heads that aren't great with likeness look much better because of the amazingly lifelike apps.) But for a head that's $40 it really can't be beat in terms of value.:clap

This will soon be THE Indy head to have! Inigou V2.
image.jpg

i am SO stuck!! I have the inigou v1... the MJ... the SS TOD... I don't mind having multiple Indy figs... HAPPY with it, in fact, but... I have the clothing set from Yunsil... and an HT Han Solo body... and Mfisher gear... and I want ONE of my Indys to be THE Indy... so... help?!?!?

inigou v2 - raiders
TOD SSC - TOD
mj choi original or recast - last crusade

That's how I see it... and my favourite is Last Crusade.

Back