1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work Mike!! Such a badass repaint! As for the shirt, is that the Sideshow one, or something else? Thanks.

Looks like something else to me...I was going to ask the same thing. Fish, what is that???

P.S., custom looks STELLAR (as I would expect...) :rock

Shirt is from the old Relic Hunter figure.... pretty good looking version... once I seriously soak it with water and hairspray I will get it into a more accurate shape.. then I will darken it up to appear sweat stained in the right areas.... (plus I still have to get some good images of exactly how to make the cuts across the back and then use some diluted acrylics to make the blood stains there)... and the knee of the left pant leg needs to be ripped etc etc etc... PLENTY O' WORK to be done yet.... :) Biggest project for this will be constructing the sword... plan on using real metal and wood... we'll see about that though....

As for colors used for the repaint... I completely stripped the head and fedora with acetone to get the THICK factory paint off... you will be amazed at the details in the sculpt that are hidden by thick factory paint apps... I then do a base flesh tone which is a mix of thin body acrylic white, burnt sienna, raw sienna, and a touch of cerulean blue... once that is dry I use the same colors, but in oils.. adding some cadmium red into the mix, to do the blending.... stubble is done first with some ground up pastel chalks.. start with a dark dark olive green actually.. then use dark grey... one day I should photograph the process and post a tutorial for the heck of it... ( not that there are not a gazillion of those on all of the other figure sites already though)

indiana jones

hi everyone just thought i would share my pictures of my custom TOD Indy, got bored waiting for the... PAUSE!!! to end, the body is hot toys aliens drake and the sword is Medicom, same with the sankara stones, everything else is standard SS, i aged the the shirt with... wait for it... a tea bag !!! i realise the head and body are two toned in colour but you do really have to look besides that i am really proud of how it turned out. i would be grateful for any feedback, because i would like to make this better, all comments good or bad welcome. shortround next !:yess:

Last edited:
Re: indiana jones

Looks great. I've used a HT muscle body with mine. As far as the muscles are concerned he looks a bit too ripped, but as the SSC head is slightly too large for scale the bigger body balances it out well. Nice work :)

As for improvements, shouldn't the TOD belt and holster be darker?

hi everyone just thought i would share my pictures of my custom TOD Indy, got bored waiting for the... PAUSE!!! to end, the body is hot toys aliens drake and the sword is Medicom, same with the sankara stones, everything else is standard SS, i aged the the shirt with... wait for it... a tea bag !!! i realise the head and body are two toned in colour but you do really have to look besides that i am really proud of how it turned out. i would be grateful for any feedback, because i would like to make this better, all comments good or bad welcome. shortround next !:yess:

indiana jones

hi everyone just thought i would post these pics of my custom TOD, got bored waiting for the PAUSE to end. let me know what you guys think.

Re: indiana jones

You get an A for trying, this stuff is not easy. You say that you welcome all comments good and bad, I wouldn't say that my comments will be bad, and I don't mean for them to sound mean spirited either, but if you really want to improve him, here is my best advice: try the pause button on your DVD player, or go to www.theraider.net, they have great still galleries, if it doesn't look like the still, keep altering until it does.

This thread has a lot of talented people and untalented people (I am one of the untalented that hires the talented ones). One thing above all, regardless of skill level, is the desire to "Get it right". So, I will say, not bad for a first try, but you really need to look at some production stills and make some serious alterations: The hat, the whip marks on the back, the sword (sorry, totally wrong and very distracting), the holster and gun belt set, some kind of upgrade on the face paint and or the hat paint).

We all need to help each other, and I have posted in progress items before looking for feedback, so I understand. Take a look at Mike Fisher's crazy awesome TOD Indy in progress as well as Cavlcade's mind blowing TOD Indy from this thread page 160. Copy them and copy the production stills and you will be fine.

Here are my TOD Indy and my Raiders PF Indy, I have a year plus into each and each one went through many stages of improvement:

DSC04746.jpg

Again, I wish you the best on your next steps forward with him.

Seeing all these great customs is making me want to put another Indy together. Maybe from TOD this time.

Hey guys, I really want to get my hands on a soveriegn studios jacket and shirt. I know eBay is my only real chance... Anyone know their eBay username so I can keep an eye out? Or just what to search for?

Thanks!

I ran into Graham with New Line at Joelanta last month and inquired as to when he would be restocking the Alden style. He said, "soon I hope...very soon". He is very aware of how popular they are and knows that everyone are wanting to get some for their figures. He is a super guy and really great to talk with. He was displaying some of his western cowboy sets at the show. With regards to the Alden 405's...it is nice to know that they are coming...it just means trying to be patient while we anxiously await their arrival. I had not been on the forum in a while and was getting caught up on some of the recent threads....the figures keep getting better and better. Regards, Bill

That is an outstanding job on your Indy, Boot. The lips are particularly well done. Was this repaint done with oils?

What's the best place to get custom 1/6 Indy clothing? Looking for more accurate Shirt, Jacket, Gun Belt, Holster, Shoes, Pants.

Who makes em? Where can I get em?

Back