1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of my travel suit Indy. I need to get the right tie for him and paint the hat. Also gonna build the right suitcase, he's borrowing dad's! His suit was a hong kong pinstriped suit I dyed dark blue and added miniature buttons to make it double breasted. Hope you enjoy!

Nathan

I love it, he looks great. Nice job on the diorama.

I haven't tried it, but I even believe you can connect the old Buck type feet on to them.
The peg is too little (not a ball) and would probably sit too loose on a HT foot.

No - they're a completely different design and I couldn't even get the feet off the Buck. But thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got ideas?

Here's my custom Indy. I struggled with various bodies, switching back and forth :chew....
and finally settled on the ACE body. I used the orignal SS boots, Pants, and Bag. The temporary whip is from Hasbro. I plan on braiding a whip for it with real leather.
I also replaced the bag strap with real leather and hand made rings and stitched the ring holder. Made real leather belts for it too, with the buckles(also on bag strap) being paper clips. The buckle is fully functional like the 1:1 belt. I also aged the bag strap at the shoulder part to make it look like it soaked up years of sweat!
img7594to0.jpg

img7596resizegg3.jpg

img7599resizens7.jpg

img7603resizegg7.jpg

img7605resizepo6.jpg

img7607resizeim5.jpg

Here's an update on my Indy custom. He's got synthetic rooted hair now, including his facial hair. Don't mind the gap at the neckpost, I'm still working on adjusting it.

Hi All

kaiburr - The calssroom is so freakin awesome the details are fantastic, I need to know where did you get his suit from.

bluechalice - Great looking figure and the leather work is very well done, and he looks great with the horse.

Estel - the hair and facial hair look awesome keep us updated on he's progress.

Ron

Here are pics of my repainted Indy...I feel stupid doing this after all the other awesome repaints already, but I'm trying to get some feedback...I wanted him to look like he's been on an adventure so I went for a "dirty" or "worn" look with his face...I still need to gloss the eyes and lips...let me know what you guys think...

Some nice work - especially around the stubble. Not quite sure what it is though, but his face is looking pretty fat there. It might be the lips are painted a little too full?

Not quite a custom as a slight mod
but here's mine, Stubble changed, doll dot removed shoulder pads
this one just screams to have a custom base made

Here are pics of my repainted Indy...I feel stupid doing this after all the other awesome repaints already, but I'm trying to get some feedback...I wanted him to look like he's been on an adventure so I went for a "dirty" or "worn" look with his face...I still need to gloss the eyes and lips...let me know what you guys think...

Don't feel stupid, I always admire anyone who tries to customise their figures. My eforts are limited to painting out the doll dot, which usually results in smudged eyes and blue or brown eye lids.

The eyes aren't as realistic as some I've seen, but they're quite stylised - I think you've created a Dark Horse Indy!

Just braided a leather whip for my lil' Indy...
img7619bt0.jpg

img7620jc7.jpg

img7633gy4.jpg

img7634gt3.jpg

img7636wd3.jpg

img7638ss4.jpg

Hopefully I will eventually make a leather holster for it.:gun

Brilliant! I didn't think a real whip would look so good in this scale, but I'm glad to be proven wrong! any advice on materials or your braiding technique?

Nathan

Back