1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, lots of ToD goodness out there with Mola Ram, TonTon's custom bag with glowing Sankara stone, ScratchBuilder's mine cart, and the upcoming ShortRound. Amazing stuff.

Mola Ram? Short Round?

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, but where are these coming from?

Any images/links?

No, they're all on pre-order.

Released figures I can find, Fat Thor, knock-off Mech Test Tony, civilian Carol Danvers, SHIELD Tony Stark, Crossbones, Tracksuit Tony, IM2 Suit Tony, IW civilian Peter Parker, Ghost Red Skull ....

Yeah, there's been a lot.
Ok, Now that you mention I believe I've seen a few of those floating on Social Media. I just haven't been following the MCU since Endgame. A bit Marveled out.
Venom and Spider-Man movies are under Sony, but all toys related to them are under Marvel. Sony sold the toy rights back some years ago related to their movies. This is why there's been so few toys based on Sony movies and Fox movies (until recently). Literally zero Marvel Legends for X-Men or Deadpool movies until Disney bought Fox, insanity. I don't even know how Hot Toys was able to make a Deadpool, that was the single movie related figure until the Marvel Legends figure that basically just came out.

And on the MCU, after Endgame, literally any Tony and Steve outfit was or is being made, even old Steve Rogers. They even made the bench he sits on at the end.

Play Toys made a KO Mark VI for under $200, same diecast as Hot Toys. I've read about this mostly on the Transformers forums like TFW2005 since there was reports of a factory raid on them, since it was a third party/KO Transformers factory. Diecast Iron Mans are a lot closer to Transformers manufacturing than normal 1/6 scale figures. There's a preorder now for Mk1 War Machine:
https://showzstore.com/4th-party-1-6-armor-warrior-iron-man-war-machine_p2318.html
I knew about the ban on Fox IPs while Fox still held the rights. Only recently since Disney got them back we've seen a huge uptick in merch from those characters.

It even went as far as not including those characters in Video games. Check out LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. No X franchise characters at all. No Fantastic Four etc.

Just glad they are all (pretty much) under one roof now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, I've given the Sideshow Indiana Jones a lot of grief over the many years since its release but I must say it does have great bones. After reviewing the film I found that most of the clothing and gear is very accurate. In fact, the only thing that is not SS ToD below is the head, the web belt and of course that is TonTon's Sankara stone light-up bag.

View attachment 497908
That is an extremely stellar Indy Wor. Looks great! Honestly haven't seen many of your figures. This is up there!

Makes me want to getting my Modded MJ painted up [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Rzez!

I'm sad though to learn that you missed my custom Raiders figures of German Mechanic, Monkey Man, Ratty Nepalese and the updated Toht, Belloq and Dietrich. They'd look great in your amazing Cellar.

Mola Ram? Short Round?

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, but where are these coming from?

Any images/links?

Yep, Mola Ram. Here’s mine:

7ECA5485-9E09-45D0-A7B9-C7D07AD42F2E.jpg

Had some beautiful natural light coming into the collection room this afternoon, so I couldn't resist taking some shots of my "Hero" Indy. Love this figure! :yess:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

Wow, awesome Indiana Jones right there! Everything (sculpt, pose, jacket, gear, stand) is perfect! Mola is an 11 on the awesome scale as well. Amazing collection!

Hi folks, does anyone know if the below sculpt is new and relatively original (not a repaint of an older one)? There?s a lot of them on Ebay at pretty low $. Thanks in advance!

8BD65D35-FFA4-49F4-BDA2-969290EF7737.jpeg

Happy weekend, everyone!

Has anyone bought and painted this head before? It's one of the cheapest ones on eBay and I'd hate to think it's a recast:

View attachment 421926

View attachment 421927

Related to my above question just recently, I just realized that two years ago I asked a similar question about an unpainted Indy sculpt that was on Ebay at the time and just as it was with the painted head currently proliferating on Ebay, it was also a recast the SS TOD Indy! It?s just incredible that recasters are getting so much mileage from this sculpt and I for one was almost an unsuspecting customer...twice!

Back