1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Rogerbee

Yes I was not quite happy with how high up I got it to begin with and was thinking of messing around with it.

Update: I tinkered with the collar on my Iris jacket again. I sewed down the right collar flatter on the jacket and removed the thread from the left collar and have let it hang loose again to give it that haphazard just thrown on look. I'm pretty happy with it now.
The Iris (and Yunsil) are not leather. But still a pleather material. Using sandpaper would absolutely destroy them. With these jackets, the best and only way are with Fabric/leather paints or pastels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah don't worry Rzeznikk. Unlike with a pair of Sideshow Indy pants I don't button up the back.

I wouldn't even use sandpaper on my actual full size Indiana Jones jackets!

The Iris (and Yunsil) are not leather. But still a pleather material. Using sandpaper would absolutely destroy them. With these jackets, the best and only way are with Fabric/leather paints or pastels.

Thanks for posting that, would be really unfortunate if anyone who invested in either of those ruined their jacket.

The man with the* hat. :whip

new-indy-1500.jpg

Last edited:
This looks really good. What jacket did you use?

Thanks LiLJawa! It's a Kato jacket I acquired from a long-time member here, faststreetsofhongkong. I may be incorrect but believe it was his first KOTCS version, which I darkened up a tad using some Pecard's antique leather dressing.

Wow, TonTon.... that is some amazing futzing and posing right there. Really great work! :clap

:duff: Thanks, Wor-Gar! Have had this for a little bit now but took a while to get the guts to mess with it in any way.

On another note, does anyone recognize this sculpt? Popped up on FB. Says it's by arine and painted by JC Hong in 2005. Pretty cool look at an early Indy custom, even before the Sideshow figure it seems.

a236c1ae1d3f080a09551251741fe720.jpg

That’s an old Arnie Kim head. I had it. Haha
Great work Ian! The jacket looks incredible. You keep making me go to work!

Arnie never could nail Harrison Ford, his main attempt was the DX05, very much hampered by PERS. I was so glad when HT finally decided to ditch that.

Ah, thanks guys. Thought there was something similar to the HT sculpt (and obviously JC Hong was a clue) but didn't even think of it being Arnie with a typo. :slap

That's what it should be about. I always found that sturdy ankles were key to any pose. 90% of ones I tried had him eventually ending up flat on his face! Mainly thanks to companies insisting on using HT's barbell design for ankles. Worldbox are among the only companies that don't, they were bringing out a narrow shoulder body that may have worked for Indy, but, I'm just not sure if it ever saw the light of day. They follow the ankle design that Enterbay did and I always thought it was sturdier and more stable than HT, but, they are God and so everyone must copy their design if they want a body to sell.

How about these for Indy bodies:

Raiders or Last Crusade:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Narr...678311?hash=item288c6d8027:g:OZkAAOSw-SVeGZZL

TOD:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WorldBox...672311?hash=item288c6d68b7:g:adQAAOSwfl1eGZux

I would honestly favour those over any TT clone out there. Those ankles are awesome, never had any problem with them in any pose.

This was my Enterbay RM-5 posing with those ankles:

RM-5 0008.jpg

RM-5 0009.jpg

It could hold that pose all day long and those ankles were going nowhere. I think I used that body on my Jack Bauer and he took whatever I threw at him.

Yeah, I considered that worldbox body for my Raiders, looks like a great fit. I ultimately went with the JX toys cause of the rubber neck/torso.

I have ordered one of each and will try them out. Cheers for the info Rogerbee.

Here is some more pics of my Iris jacket. I have scrunched up the sleeves a bit but still have quite a bit to go before it looks like how my actual Indy jacket sleeves are. You can see the weathering a bit better in these pics taken during the day as well.

Attachments

• 20200812_172341-1.jpg
    20200812_172341-1.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200812_172346-1.jpg
    20200812_172346-1.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200812_172352-1.jpg
    20200812_172352-1.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200812_172402-1.jpg
    20200812_172402-1.jpg