1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys !

I bought recently a ROTLA Sideshow Indiana with some Chinese HS...

Do you guys have any advice on a cheap replacement body with a real neck ? Not the removable thing ? Shipping from Europe if possible :D.

Thanks you guys !

Hey guys !

I bought recently a ROTLA Sideshow Indiana with some Chinese HS...

Do you guys have any advice on a cheap replacement body with a real neck ? Not the removable thing ? Shipping from Europe if possible :D.

Thanks you guys !
Chinese head sculpt? Let’s see.

Chinese head sculpt? Let?s see.

Sure !

2020-07-15 19_21_05-1_6 taille Harrison Ford t?te sculpte sculpt? Indiana Jones t?te Version nor.jpg
(Not a pic of my actual HS)

It looks cool on the Sideshow ROTLA Indi but really need a new "real neck" body with narrow shoulders. :)

Fair enough, actually, the Treasure Hunter is a copy of the MJ, but, it was really well done. From what I can recall, the SSC TOD head was quite small to begin with, so any recast would be smaller. A small upside to the recasts is that the hat is also smaller, which it needed to be. I always got a Pharell vibe when I saw the original.

Totaly agreed. The head looks really small, but I think I can live with it.

I was completly sad to see all the crazy prices for Indi and pull the trigger for an old ROTLA one's, thinking this recast would looks good on it.

But yeah, nothing's perfect, only some masterpieces on this topic. :)

I actually was the first who had it made by them. But sadly the outfit was oversized in terms of jacket and pants where like samurai pants those very baggy type. Sold the jacket to Timemeddler and I still have the pants, and I'm currently using the shirt until I get something better.

Hi Luisenigma1,

I am new to this forum and also to the world of figurines.

As I am looking for clothes it is I who asked the question about Geewhiz clothes.

In your message you say that sadly the outfit was oversized in terms of jacket and pants.

To know the prices of the outfit I contacted Geewhiz and they gave me the price of each of the elements.

Regarding custom clothing this is what they told me:

"We can tailor to fit for a TTM-19 body. If you wish to have a perfect fit, you may opt to send us the actual body you will be using. You would however need to shoulder the Return Shipping Cost of US $ 85 ( Via Postal System) ".

Wouldn't this be the reason that the outfit was oversized in terms of jacket and pants. Are you not using a body other than the TTM-19 body and if you did not specify it when ordering this may be the reason why the outfit was oversized ?

Inigo v2 and v3 hats are excellent.

I think the MJ Choi hat looks great on the Treasure Hunter sculpt.

@Roster

It's not a Raiders hat though, or really any of the movie hats really, it's a fedora, but that's about it. I put the spare SSC hat on mine, from certain angles it looks ok, but it's a bit big for the head. Now, there are recasts of the SSC head around, if one had a separate hat.....

Thanks, guys. I think I may have the SS Raiders sculpt and hat stored somewhere. I hope you are referring to the original release and not the TOD version, which I unfortunately don't have...

Yeah, I was referring to the original SSC ROTLA head, the proper one is a bit on the large side, but, it's just right for what I have planned. I'm grafting it into the Horizon kit like this:

60507413_2184004641681112_8008957733124440064_n.jpg

A girl on Trevor Grove's FB page did that. He was really impressed but didn't know if he could find the kit. I found mine and then found him one. I'd love to see his version but I think he will have been too busy to even start it. Mind you, I haven't done anything with mine either.

Hi Luisenigma1,

I am new to this forum and also to the world of figurines.

As I am looking for clothes it is I who asked the question about Geewhiz clothes.

In your message you say that sadly the outfit was oversized in terms of jacket and pants.

To know the prices of the outfit I contacted Geewhiz and they gave me the price of each of the elements.

Regarding custom clothing this is what they told me:

"We can tailor to fit for a TTM-19 body. If you wish to have a perfect fit, you may opt to send us the actual body you will be using. You would however need to shoulder the Return Shipping Cost of US $ 85 ( Via Postal System) ".

Wouldn't this be the reason that the outfit was oversized in terms of jacket and pants. Are you not using a body other than the TTM-19 body and if you did not specify it when ordering this may be the reason why the outfit was oversized ?

Geewhiz just sent me pictures of the outfit

the jacket in aged and weathered finish.

90.37.147.177-5f1075a935032.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10764f4c788.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107660e0d27.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10766d9ca34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107677bf201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107681951b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076933998a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10769cc45fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076b00dd33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076b89222c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076c14e98d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076cda63e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Geewhiz just sent me pictures of the outfit

the jacket in aged and weathered finish.

90.37.147.177-5f1075a935032.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10764f4c788.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107660e0d27.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10766d9ca34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107677bf201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f107681951b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076933998a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f10769cc45fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076b00dd33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076b89222c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076c14e98d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

90.37.147.177-5f1076cda63e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is their most recent outfit which they improved on a bit. Keep in mind I had mine made a few years back so they have had time to work on it and also it depends on the reference you give.

If it's one of the stud type buttons, you can get a replacement from here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nailhead-2...ron-on-50-gross/272268160745?var=571081853866

Or if it's one of the buttons with holes, I've got some little wooden buttons I got from the following site:

https://www.minidolls.com/showpage.php?pageID=buttons

They have miniature wood round buttons 3/4 down the page. I have some of the 2 and 1.5 mm buttons. The 2 mm ones would be the best as the 1.5 ones are really tiny and appear slightly thick with the smaller diameter.

To fix it up, you'd just need to paint the buttons and either sew them on or use fabric or super glue. If you want to give it a go, just let me know, I can send some your way.
Man your a big help. I'd appreciate it I can probably sow them on. It sucks losing buttons on pants that cost 250 I would probably lose my mind if I had Kato shirt also and the small buttons that are sown on fell off. Lol

Also papewa this is my first set done by Geewhiz I was using the ttm19 at the time so the body wasn't the issue more so the miscommunication I gave on the size of the outfit. 22904621_1490367387712198_3634498182017653591_o.jpg22861722_1490367204378883_241984842109738897_o.jpg

For the price, seems like someone would be better off buying the HT DX05 Indiana Jones -- its far from perfect, but at least you get everything you need, like a starter kit. Then, over time, upgrade the head, jacket and shirt when superior items present themselves.

I don't see the value in the Geewhiz set for$645 ($400 for weathered clothing set, $150 for bag, $95 for gun belt)... then you still need shoes, web belt, whip, revolver, and a head. That could be another $150-$500 depending on what you choose.

Last edited:
Luisenigma1, Wor-Gar,

Thanks for your precious advice.

I think indeed for someone who is just starting out like me it might be better to buy a complete base to improve afterwards, I will look for the DX 05.

Now if I found a figure already fully customized (more than 1000 $ certainly) it would be ideal for me, but I think that it should not be obvious, there must be rarely on sale and where to find them?

For the price, seems like someone would be better off buying the HT DX05 Indiana Jones -- its far from perfect, but at least you get everything you need, like a starter kit. Then, over time, upgrade the head, jacket and shirt when superior items present themselves.

I don't see the value in the Geewhiz set for$645 ($400 for weathered clothing set, $150 for bag, $95 for gun belt)... then you still need shoes, web belt, whip, revolver, and a head. That could be another $150-$500 depending on what you choose.

$645!? Oof! I take your point. Based on that, I'm pretty happy I did what I did for what I did. I don't think any part of my build had a triple figure price tag. All I really want is a decent Raiders hat and I could call mine done. That said, if I can pull off that Horizon conversion, that may well be all the Indy I'll need.

Luisenigma1, Wor-Gar,

Thanks for your precious advice.

I think indeed for someone who is just starting out like me it might be better to buy a complete base to improve afterwards, I will look for the DX 05.

Now if I found a figure already fully customized (more than 1000 $ certainly) it would be ideal for me, but I think that it should not be obvious, there must be rarely on sale and where to find them?

A really good Indiana Jones figure is a "deep-pocket" project. Not for the faint of heart, or those on a budget. To have a good Indiana Jones, it is going to cost you good money. Not because it is an inherently expensive figure to make, but because there are constantly new and better parts made available so you are continually tempted to spend more and more money to get the latest, best parts.

Some here will tell you that you can make an Indy for a very reasonable price, but those are they guys who have 20 Indy figures and can throw together a pretty good figure just with all the left-over parts that they have cast aside over the years. Those parts all cost money along the way. Most people who have just one Indy figure want that figure to be as good as it can be. Fortunately or unfortunately, there are so many parts out there that you quickly find yourself spending more and more money on upgrades... and that's where the cost starts to skyrocket.

Again, HT is a great starter kit. Out of the box you will see the need to replace the head, the jacket and the shirt... but everything else is pretty damn good. For starters. Head choices abound of late. Again, a blessing and a curse. Shirts and jackets are harder to find. There are good custom versions that sell occasionally -- Kato, Yunsil, Iris -- but they are not cheap. Search the sale thread here or ebay as your best bets. I think people also sell on Facebook but I have no idea where or how.

As to buying a ready-made full figure. Again, just keep checking ebay. Check previous sales to see how long ago one sold. That will give you an indication how quickly those things come up for sale and for how much.

This hobby requires patience. If you have no patience, then I hope you have a lot of money to spend because that will be the cost of impatience.

Wor hit the nail on the head. There is also the situation that you might not find the exact part that you need like a Kato outfit. Only because these very high end and expensive pieces are hard to find at times and when you do find it will cost you more then what the person paid as the value for it grows. Though you will and can get it eventually or even get something better. Patience is the name of the game.

Wor-Gar, Luisenigma1, thank you for all your advice.

It is true that when we are new, we long to have our first figure and that it is the most perfect.

Thanks to you, I understood that it is little by little that we improve the figure, most of the collectors started from a base which they improved afterwards.

It is a philosophy that I like, I think I will follow it, even if I do not forbid myself to buy ready-made full figure some times.

Back