1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo fellow indy fans. besides time meddler and mfisher, does anyone else do whips???? Its incredible how we incredible tailoring from keto, iris and others. But the whip indy most iconic item besides the jack imo its not as common for customisers. Im desperate to get a couple of good whips. If someone wants to sell one please let me know !!!.. thanks

Y’all hear?
413E48FE-ACA2-4EAD-8BB1-3D5CC569A54A.jpeg

Speaking of KOTCS. Shaved down the Supermad old Deckard sculpt to go with the Hot Toys hat. Probably could have gone a touch lower with the hat, but it still looks alright.

DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0545.jpg
DSC_0548.jpg

Hey TonTon, what body are you using here? I really like the thinner, less buff look.

I used the SS mythos Kenobi (same as TOD Indy body but w/ double jointed elbows) and switched the chest pieces to the TOD Indy one to have the tan chest. I'm pretty sure the TOD body without mods would look the same but would just have the single elbow joint.

I like the shape of the body but I'm not sure I'd universally recommend it as it has a few issues, neck paint rubs very easily and one shoulder seems problematic on a lot of people's figures from what I recall. The ankle pegs are not compatible w/ standard HT shows so you're stuck using the Sideshow boots (not that they're terrible) if you don't want to make any mods.

All that aside though I do think it works really well with the Jnix head, gives it a good range of motion compared to the Solo or Banner bodies, so for now I don't have plans to change.

Damn, that looks fantastic! The sculpt works so much better once you remove that awful hair they added.

It's a nice sculpt, and yeah, getting rid of the hair makes it even better. I tried removing the blood with alcohol but it didn't seem to really work -- maybe made it lighter, was too worried about messing up the paint to keep going. Fun project and you get two heads with Deckard so why the hell not.

Last edited:
They should CGI de-age Ford and set it during the 1940's.

Really hope they don't try that. While it will likely be flawless in the next decade, I really found the de-ageing in Irishman to be a bit unconvincing for maybe half the time, and in some cases diminished De Niro's performance.

It's a remarkable technology but I worry it's in the SW PT-era level currently - where people are excited and feel like its miraculous but in hindsight wasn't quite as good as we thought. And for something as in-focus as the main character's face that should be reason for concern.

A HUGE thanks to Ton-Ton for going out of his way big-time and helping me out with obtaining a Jnix fedora for the Jnix head sculpt!

Thank you so much, my friend! I hope I can return the favor someday.

Here are a couple of pics of the head finally wearing the hat. Updating my "Raiders" Indy (Golden Idol display) figure will be my next project, once I'm done with my "Aliens" Hudson figure.

Jnix Indy 3.jpg
Jnix Indy 1.jpg
Jnix Indy 2.jpg

I noticed there's also a HT hat on ebay right now, if you don't mind paying $60 for it.

Yeah, they are rarely cheap - I just paid $40 for one and kind of hesitated, but they don't come up often yet they are really a near-perfect fedora.

Hey guys. Great thread. I have been pouring through it for awhile and can't seem to find an answer. I have a Hot Toys DX with a Inijo smiling sculpt. I know that you can do a few things to make the stock jacket better, like tear the lining out but I can't find exact instructions on how to do so. Is there somewhere in this 1500 page thread that shows how to do that? Much appreciated. TYIA!

-Brian

Back