1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pad has detail, stitching. S____

You are right War-Gar, and I cannot sew.

Would someone please do a run who has talent here (that means someone other than myself).

48e7266ef9ede919b7438d8b21670fb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pad has detail, stitching. S____

You are right War-Gar, and I cannot sew.

Would someone please do a run who has talent here (that means someone other than myself).

48e7266ef9ede919b7438d8b21670fb7.jpg

I was thinking of asking Iris or Yunsil if there was. Large enough interest to offer this saddle blanket and the Last Crusade Blanket as a run?

Would this be a popular enough item to warrant a run?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Based on how good the LC version looks, yes, I think so.

But I think the bigger problem is most people are sick of waiting a year + for things.

Is there anyone else who we all could engage?

Based on how good the LC version looks, yes, I think so.

But I think the bigger problem is most people are sick of waiting a year + for things.

Is there anyone else who we all could engage?

True, I just mention Iris and Yunsil because those are the only two I really know of that would do quality work. I'm up for any other suggestions. Because I've been searching for material similar to the LC horse blanket way before I even ordered the horse to see if it was even possible to try and do it myself (with the help of my Mother in Law who can sew.) But I cant seem to find anything even remotely similar. [emoji1]

War-Gar?

Could you do do the pattern, then IndianaPaul prints them out, then we each have to put on our own red tassels???

This is a thought, and by no means am I assuming that anyone has the time to do it, it is just that your Raiders horse blanket is like perfect.

The other blanket (the brown one) for the Raiders horse is the only other issue. But I think just with a piece of fabric, and some basic sewing from a sewing machine, and that one would be fine, something a tad darker in tone, like Hot Toys Obi-Wans robe from the Episode III figure.

b93f4d17ae7faeb6f5dedb043e3e7fc6.jpg

War-Gar?

Could you do do the pattern, then IndianaPaul prints them out, then we each have to put on our own red tassels???

This is a thought, and by no means am I assuming that anyone has the time to do it, it is just that your Raiders horse blanket is like perfect.

The other blanket (the brown one) for the Raiders horse is the only other issue. But I think just with a piece of fabric, and some basic sewing from a sewing machine, and that one would be fine, something a tad darker in tone, like Hot Toys Obi-Wans robe from the Episode III figure.

b93f4d17ae7faeb6f5dedb043e3e7fc6.jpg

And theres the other issue, is there reference material showing the design of those blankets or do all we have to go by is screenshots?

Can you all get a couple of high res screen shots for me of the saddle and that pad and pattern? I have an idea that might help!

-Chuck

And theres the other issue, is there reference material showing the design of those blankets or do all we have to go by is screenshots?

Not sure if it's helpful for the Last Crusade saddle blanket, but for the Raiders one, we just printed it on fabric printer sheets:

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Fab...s=fabric+printer+sheets&qid=1578842049&sr=8-5

They go through a printer just like regular paper.

For the brown saddle covering, I just took some of the extra fabric I had from the sheets and painted it burnt umber. To paint it I used FolkArt Textile Medium (794). You mix it with acrylic paint to paint on fabric.

I appreciate the obsession for details but the stitching is a bridge too far. :lol

Here's what I recommended to Paul for the leather pad that goes over the blanket -- first, you all need to find a Michael's Art store near you or any art store, then look for their leather pieces like the example below and cut to shape.

https://www.michaels.com/brown-leather-trim-by-artminds/10325151.html

Brown Leather Trim by ArtMinds for Horse Pad.jpg

The example above is Brown Leather Trim by ArtMinds. There might be something there even better. I wouldn't blindly order online because I haven't checked this to be accurate in color or texture, its just an example.

If you absolutely have to, go to your local laundry shop and ask the on-site tailor to stitch a line for you -- they usually have on-site tailors that will do it for a $10 thank you.

Last edited:
The paint on that sculpt makes it really come alive. Nothing against the stock JNix paint (of which I own both Indy's), but Nathan really knows how to make a Ford likeness pop.

Hope that someone here comes up with, and/or figures out, the Last Crusade horses blanket.

I really like my Raiders Indy on the horse, but this one looks better:

3b79c9e48bcdfce1d91c1f8c92437531.jpg

Not sure if it's helpful for the Last Crusade saddle blanket, but for the Raiders one, we just printed it on fabric printer sheets:

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Fab...s=fabric+printer+sheets&qid=1578842049&sr=8-5

They go through a printer just like regular paper.

For the brown saddle covering, I just took some of the extra fabric I had from the sheets and painted it burnt umber. To paint it I used FolkArt Textile Medium (794). You mix it with acrylic paint to paint on fabric.
I was thinking that too and just add the red tassels myself but problem is finding the pattern.
I appreciate the obsession for details but the stitching is a bridge too far. [emoji38]

Here's what I recommended to Paul for the leather pad that goes over the blanket -- first, you all need to find a Michael's Art store near you or any art store, then look for their leather pieces like the example below and cut to shape.

https://www.michaels.com/brown-leather-trim-by-artminds/10325151.html

View attachment 475718

The example above is Brown Leather Trim by ArtMinds. There might be something there even better. I wouldn't blindly order online because I haven't checked this to be accurate in color or texture, its just an example.

If you absolutely have to, go to your local laundry shop and ask the on-site tailor to stitch a line for you -- they usually have on-site tailors that will do it for a $10 thank you.
Down to finest stitch!!
This thread is booming lately.
View attachment 475717
Yes it is! It's great! Full of all that Fortune and Glory!
Amazing Indy?s everyone!

Here?s my Professor of Archeology.

View attachment 475723
That looks great too EarlHickey98!
8f499e5c919ef16aa6c26dff793891b5.jpg
85b0d9533957d6255c1fcca844869624.jpg
998142fe062c1dd7b4e7e4a93e790378.jpg

Love the white horse too!
Hope that someone here comes up with, and/or figures out, the Last Crusade horses blanket.

I really like my Raiders Indy on the horse, but this one looks better:

3b79c9e48bcdfce1d91c1f8c92437531.jpg

I'm going to keep digging as well, but if anyone can point me in the right direction to websites or stills of LC with the Horse blanket I'd be most grateful. The best I can find is this image:
I tried to Edit the photo of the horse blanket and bring out the pattern, but I could not get a really clear shot. I?m sorry! I tried.
Thanks man. I appreciate the thought! indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-2.jpg

Back