1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest Inigo sculpt painted by Yelim.
08684b7d317a9b23510e2491e43efbfd.jpg

Another angle

c9c1113b539386a0ed571aa610fc531a.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is just an insanely good paint job.

It is, undoubtedly, a great paint-up, but I’m just not seeing a whole lot of HF in there.

The paint makes a huge difference when it comes to HF and I think something of his essence has been lost in Yelim’s paint-up. Normally I am totally blown away by her work, but on this occasion I think something is a little off.

What does everyone else think?

I may take a crack at adding the 'dust lines' above and below the hat ribbon on my jnix head. I've always thought this adds to the hat a lot.

It is, undoubtedly, a great paint-up, but I’m just not seeing a whole lot of HF in there.

The paint makes a huge difference when it comes to HF and I think something of his essence has been lost in Yelim’s paint-up. Normally I am totally blown away by her work, but on this occasion I think something is a little off.

Unfortunately, my thoughts exactly.

Amazing how different the same sculpt can look when painted, even by the very best in the business!!!

Yelim Choi on the left, Mark Simpson on the right:

7BE76E8C-AEE8-4B23-B795-CD64238C4772.jpg
CE072E8B-2EA7-47C5-BC61-D9B96F4B36B2.jpg

Interesting comparison. The Yelim paint-up looks like he's squinting a bit.

I have to say I'm still not 100% sold on the sculpt. I'm having a tough time saying whether I prefer this to the v2.

But I'm starting to have a lot more appreciation for the smiling sculpt, just because it's so unique to have a specific expression like that -- fantastic that Inigo attempts those (like wind-swept Luke). I'm still so impressed by the Mark Simpson paint job you got on that sculpt, Timemeddler. I remember the eyes being particularly impressive.

Both paint jobs are fabulous. Yelim may be the best there is, but others are not too far behind. We are lucky to have so many talented people available.

Yeah I think there's enough of a likeness, but like with his previous attempts it's still not quite there. And it looks especially off in the profile view.

It's also really missing the way his upper lip flares up on one side. As it's just not fully HF without that.

Interesting comparison. The Yelim paint-up looks like he's squinting a bit.

I have to say I'm still not 100% sold on the sculpt. I'm having a tough time saying whether I prefer this to the v2.

But I'm starting to have a lot more appreciation for the smiling sculpt, just because it's so unique to have a specific expression like that -- fantastic that Inigo attempts those (like wind-swept Luke). I'm still so impressed by the Mark Simpson paint job you got on that sculpt, Timemeddler. I remember the eyes being particularly impressive.

Yeah, there's something that's a slight touch off with that sculpt - while I like Mark Simpson's paint a little better, it's apparent on both paint-ups.

The whole look - and especially that sculpt/paintjob - is just awesome.

Yeah, really lking TonTon's assembling of elements in that pic. TonTon, which sculpt/hat is that?

The whole look - and especially that sculpt/paintjob - is just awesome.

:duff: Cheers, RED SHOES! Your username makes me think of that old Showtime show. :lol

Yeah, really lking TonTon's assembling of elements in that pic. TonTon, which sculpt/hat is that?

Thanks, Tali! That's the Jnix head/hat painted by SilentSurfer, the sculpt really shines at certain angles. I think the angle/iPhone lens distortion is helping the promotions in that shot

I like how the dyed pants ended up, they maybe came out too slate but I'm gonna hold on to them. I already put the Iris pants back on though, in part cause I was worried about the dye potentially bleeding so soon.

Back