1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200314_194851.jpg

The ZC Muscular is the one I use for all my custom Indy figures. It works with a range of heads from the smaller Inigou to the bigger Sideshow, Treasure Hunter and MJ Choi sculpts.

Just got my hands on Creg boots and they are awesome in hand. I went ahead and painted them already.received_2568843856707555.jpgreceived_507724609942688.jpgreceived_504222633853312.jpg

Is the ZC muscular the same as the VTS?

No idea Wor-Gar. This is the one I use. I have a few different custom figures with this body besides Indy. My custom Henry Jones Snr (with ankle extenders as Big Tam is slightly bigger than Harrison Ford), John McClane, and my two Johnny Lawrence figures have this body.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-14-22-19-02-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-14-22-19-02-1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 99
For those who have it, is the color of the German Disguise jacket really as off as it looks here? I've been wanting to put together a custom version, but wasn't sure if I should go for the Sideshow outfit or just use one of the Dragon uniforms that appear to be a more accurate green...

s-l1600.jpg

The Iris shirt fits on it but it is a tight fight around the arms for sure.
Here is picture of it on the ZC body.

I have that Sideshow German jacket and the colour is a very light brown rather than green to my eyes. I ended up painting mine but I also have one of the Dragon jackets. The latter option is the one I would go for if I was you Dave. I will try and post pictures of the two.

Attachments

• 20200315_010534-1.jpg
    20200315_010534-1.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 93
I have that Sideshow German jacket and the colour is a very light brown rather than green to my eyes. I ended up painting mine but I also have one of the Dragon jackets. The latter option is the one I would go for if I was you Dave. I will try and post pictures of the two.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! I tried doing a search like old times but the search feature on this site is still busted unfortunately.

Hey Dave here are the pictures of the two jackets. I painted the Sideshow one trying to avoid the emblems.

Also I have rolled up the sleeves on my Iris shirt for a Cairo/Emperor's Tomb Istanbul Indy.

Attachments

• 20200315_140915.jpg
    20200315_140915.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 20200315_140946.jpg
    20200315_140946.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 20200315_142001-1.jpg
    20200315_142001-1.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 227
For those who have it, is the color of the German Disguise jacket really as off as it looks here? I've been wanting to put together a custom version, but wasn't sure if I should go for the Sideshow outfit or just use one of the Dragon uniforms that appear to be a more accurate green...

View attachment 481067

The Sideshow Indy German is definitely off color wise, but it's not as off as people seem to think. The color in your pic is fairly close to the in-hand color (which is surprising given digital/phone cameras really seem to struggle to accurately capture greens and browns) so it really needs a bit more forest/emerald green added, but not all that much.

It really is a very subdued green - like a khaki that's as much tan as it is green - not as green as some of the German soldier uniforms seen at the Tanis dig scenes. The jacket also looks more tan in brighter direct sunlight (walking to ark site) and a little more green in indirect light (sub base, bazooka scene).

Like a lot of Sideshow jackets (many DID jackets also,) it's also a tad short - but that's the same for their Indy leather jackets and stuff like Belloq's suit jacket. I really hate those melt buttons they used in that era too. They're like little balls instead of buttons.

A2mxrNW.jpg

Yeah the color doesn't look too bad there in comparison.

Anyway, I received the Inigo sculpt today and... gotta say I'm just not really feeling it at the moment. Even though it's a standard HT size, it still seems a bit large on both my Raiders and TOD Indys, with the neck on the Raiders body I'm using clearly being way too small under it. The head fits much better on the Solo body, but my Iris shirt is just far too small to work with that one.

The hat also sits a bit too high on the head for my taste, and in fact I almost like it better with the HT hat instead.

I don't know, maybe once it's painted I'll like it better and it won't seem to throw off the proportions as much. But at the moment I'm kinda wishing I had another Jnix Indy to use instead.

20200317_185210 (2).jpg

20200317_185235 (2).jpg

20200317_181217 (2).jpg

20200317_185352 (3).jpg

No, no, no, davejames... that HT bonnet is just not going to work. :lol Inigo's hat is superior, and I like the stovepipe shape he got.

That said, I agree with you that the hat looks to be seated too high on the head. It needs to come down all around closer to the ears and then pulled down farther in back.

Any way to dremel the hair down a bit to make that happen? If you're not satisfied, take a crack at making it work. You've succeeded with harder tasks.

I don't mind the height of the hat, but it just looks too straight and perfect, and the brim is too upturned as well. I know some like them that way, but I prefer the hats that are more lopsided and beat to hell, as they just have a lot more character.

And anyway, I have a bigger issue with the size of the head than the hat.

iuyuu.JPG

Yeah the color doesn't look too bad there in comparison.

Anyway, I received the Inigo sculpt today and... gotta say I'm just not really feeling it at the moment. Even though it's a standard HT size, it still seems a bit large on both my Raiders and TOD Indys, with the neck on the Raiders body I'm using clearly being way too small under it. The head fits much better on the Solo body, but my Iris shirt is just far too small to work with that one.

The hat also sits a bit too high on the head for my taste, and in fact I almost like it better with the HT hat instead.

I don't know, maybe once it's painted I'll like it better and it won't seem to throw off the proportions as much. But at the moment I'm kinda wishing I had another Jnix Indy to use instead.

View attachment 481276

View attachment 481278

View attachment 481277

View attachment 481280

Well, it looks perfect to my eyes!

Hoping to finally get my one sometime soon...:impatient:

Back