1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right about the jacket bud. But don't worry me and RiggsMcClane are doing a run with tinela, and Riggs sent her enough notes and reference on the length and fit of the jacket plus the baggyness of the pants. Jacket will be leather also.

Sounds great. There are places that sell super thin lamb skin as well.
For which body is your project being done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Indy jacket thing is a tricky business eh?

I've got a Botwright replica Raiders jacket, and next to that Yunsil jacket, it's very close indeed. But, for me, it just doesn't lay right on the figure. It's not the jackets fault at all (the quality is fantastic), it's just a scale thing I guess. Ideally you want to be able to wrinkle and mould it a little, but it just springs right back.

The real leather jackets look very nice, if often a little overly bulky and stiff. I think some of the sovereign jackets have given the most realistic looking creasing and fit.

The search for "the jacket" continues I guess......

Luisenigma1, is this an "open" project or is it already closed? I've sadly lost sight of "custom" work since it was all shut down on this forum. Cheers.

This Indy jacket thing is a tricky business eh?

I've got a Botwright replica Raiders jacket, and next to that Yunsil jacket, it's very close indeed. But, for me, it just doesn't lay right on the figure. It's not the jackets fault at all (the quality is fantastic), it's just a scale thing I guess. Ideally you want to be able to wrinkle and mould it a little, but it just springs right back.

The real leather jackets look very nice, if often a little overly bulky and stiff. I think some of the sovereign jackets have given the most realistic looking creasing and fit.

The search for "the jacket" continues I guess......

Luisenigma1, is this an "open" project or is it already closed? I've sadly lost sight of "custom" work since it was all shut down on this forum. Cheers.

Hey, Zed... Thanks for the tips you gave me a few pages back (1267)... Reckon your mods on that HT jacket are damn near perfect!!

Not sure I've got the courage to get started on mine yet, but you've definitely given me some inspiration!! :duff

Hi interested to learn more about the new run. If someone can share details please.

Hey, Zed... Thanks for the tips you gave me a few pages back (1267)... Reckon your mods on that HT jacket are damn near perfect!!

Not sure I've got the courage to get started on mine yet, but you've definitely given me some inspiration!! :duff

My pleasure sir - good luck with it, I'm sure it'll be great!

Your right about the jacket bud. But don't worry me and RiggsMcClane are doing a run with tinela, and Riggs sent her enough notes and reference on the length and fit of the jacket plus the baggyness of the pants. Jacket will be leather also.
Interested to see how that turns out as well. I have the Yunsil jacket weathered by Jacob. I love it, but it is on the shorter side.
5a381e2eb84bdc8820230cf7aad2c7b2.jpg

Your Yunsil jacket looks really nice.....in fact, pretty close to perfect to my eyes. Damn, I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and put some light weathering on mine.

The most impressive part of that is the wrinkles in the sleeves....amazing job! I didn't think you could do that with the material that it's made of, will experiment.

That's great! A friend mentioned your project. I'll keep an eye out for the thread.

Your Yunsil jacket looks really nice.....in fact, pretty close to perfect to my eyes. Damn, I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and put some light weathering on mine.

The most impressive part of that is the wrinkles in the sleeves....amazing job! I didn't think you could do that with the material that it's made of, will experiment.
Thanks! [emoji482][emoji482]
That's all Jacobs work on the jacket. I do love the way it looks though. 🤠

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regarding the 1/6th jacket, someone should simply do a run that has different lengths, like 3 different versions, Because people are using all different kinds of bodies, and maybe someone prefers a different style or look from the film.

And they should use lambskin, What the originals were made out of, and what my custom 1/4 scale Sideshow Raiders Indy PF jacket is made out of:

97e100f0648f7c5251d91a1b68ec42b4.jpg
84ddbdea5f714ecabab8c7b38eebabe1.png

afd6f77f7a74279d4089591abcdcf53d.png

Regarding the 1/6th jacket, someone should simply do a run that has different lengths, like 3 different versions, Because people are using all different kinds of bodies, and maybe someone prefers a different style or look from the film.

And they should use lambskin, What the originals were made out of, and what my custom 1/4 scale Sideshow Raiders Indy PF jacket is made out of:

97e100f0648f7c5251d91a1b68ec42b4.jpg
84ddbdea5f714ecabab8c7b38eebabe1.png

afd6f77f7a74279d4089591abcdcf53d.png

Not such a bad idea, that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That Sideshow repaint is fantastic.

I use the ZC Toys muscular body for all my different versions of Indy. I think it captures his frame nicely. My videos of my figures are on You Tube under the same name I use here. Not the best picture quality but you can see the smaller sculpts I have on my Indiana Jones.

I recently ordered an old Deckard head from Ebay and have used a hacksaw to take off the top so I can put a hat on him. He will look great as an older version of Indy. The hair at the sides is shaved right down so I will just use some modelling clay to add some more and then let it harden in the oven and then paint it grey. I will try and post pics when I am done.

About the run you can ask RiggsMcClane as he has more info on it. You can contact him here or on Facebook as sculptgeek.

Thank you.

That took five revisions, and US$1,000. to get right

Did I buy the motorcycle and sidecar from you? If I did, thank you very much it’s awesome [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Nah, was just watching along as it looked really nice. How is it in hand?

Don’t think I ever bid as I don’t have a Raiders Indy, but it’s hard to imagine a new licensed one won’t be made at some point.

Back