1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who sold the Indy custom leather jackets Ive forgot his name but does he still sell them ?
my HT's leather jacket just hangs wrong

IMG_4054.JPGIMG_4060.jpgIMG_4063.JPGIMG_4066.JPG

treasure hunter head??? he looks GOOD, but you are right about that jacket!! you could try pulling the lining out of the sleeves, that helps a bit...

I have two of the Sovereign Studios jackets and they are fab! I think Kato is going to make a new run of jackets, but at $300 each, they don't come cheap! I was lucky enough to get one of the last run at a great price.

Sovereign Studios:
IMG_9233.jpg

Sovereign Studios:
IMG_5425.JPG

Kato:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpg
    IMG_6336.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 181
Personally, I've always thought Kato's jackets were too thick and bulky looking. The Sovereign one looks more to scale. I still like the SSC jacket, the material hangs better and you can futz it into any shape you want. I'm not sure I could have done my pose with a leather or pleather jacket:

The folds and creases look more to scale. But hey, that's just me...

I understand what you say, and I agree that the Kato jacket is thicker. Overall I think it is the best jacket, but I agree it is too thick.

I think that the sovereign jacket has a more authentic look, at least one that is closer to the jacket Indy wore in Raiders.
However, Indy wore a thicker jacket in Crusade... maybe I am wrong, but that's how I see it.
(and we hardly get to see TOD jacket...)

So I think it depends.

I am going to try what timemeddler did, I will try my own version of Crusade Indy, with my Kato jacket.

036ff5bfe2648fd273c31433b83a9a97.jpg

harrison-ford-indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-1989-BPD90F.jpg

Personally, I've always thought Kato's jackets were too thick and bulky looking. The Sovereign one looks more to scale. I still like the SSC jacket, the material hangs better and you can futz it into any shape you want. I'm not sure I could have done my pose with a leather or pleather jacket:

The folds and creases look more to scale. But hey, that's just me...
Is it treasure hunter head with ht hat and ss outfit?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

treasure hunter head??? he looks GOOD, but you are right about that jacket!! you could try pulling the lining out of the sleeves, that helps a bit...

Yes it is the Treasure hunters head it brings it to life.

Timemeddler: $300 dollars !!! for a 1/6 scale jacket are you been serious ?
I only paid $160 dollars for the actual figure with accessories you've got be taking the piss

I understand what you say, and I agree that the Kato jacket is thicker. Overall I think it is the best jacket, but I agree it is too thick.

I think that the sovereign jacket has a more authentic look, at least one that is closer to the jacket Indy wore in Raiders.
However, Indy wore a thicker jacket in Crusade... maybe I am wrong, but that's how I see it.
(and we hardly get to see TOD jacket...)

So I think it depends.

I am going to try what timemeddler did, I will try my own version of Crusade Indy, with my Kato jacket.

They both look closer to the Sovereign jacket to me. I think SSC did right not doing theirs in leather or pleather, there's always something about their texture that looks overscale somehow.

I only paid $160 dollars for the actual figure with accessories you've got be taking the piss

I'd get an SSC one, they're nice and cheap. If you unpick the collar tips it looks fine.

Yep, $300. I got mine for $195, so somewhat of a bargain!!! :rotfl

I know, if you wouldn't pay it for a 1/1 jacket, then you shouldn't for a 1/6 one. At the end of the day, this is YOUR Indy and you can put what you want on it as long as you're happy with it.

:lol

I got a Kato jacket, for 195 EUR. That's the highest price I have paid for an accessory for a 1/6 figure.

But when going for an Indy jacket, I had to choose: a Hot Toys jacket for around 50 EUR, shipped... if I had gone that way, I may have ended up buying another jacket to replace that one... so that would have been let's say 50 + 50 EUR for 2 1/6 jackets... that none of them pleased me!

So I got the Kato. I am pleased. The price is high. Maybe cheaper than if I had gone the other way....spending 100 EUR and not being satisfied...

This is an expensive hobby. Sometimes you get good deals, but most of the times, you pay big cash. We are talking about a hobby that averages a cost of 200 EUR per figure, nowadays even more.

We decide to collect this stuff, and not do other things. This is our thing...

:lol

I got a Kato jacket, for 195 EUR. That's the highest price I have paid for an accessory for a 1/6 figure.

But when going for an Indy jacket, I had to choose: a Hot Toys jacket for around 50 EUR, shipped... if I had gone that way, I may have ended up buying another jacket to replace that one... so that would have been let's say 50 + 50 EUR for 2 1/6 jackets... that none of them pleased me!

So I got the Kato. I am pleased. The price is high. Maybe cheaper than if I had gone the other way....spending 100 EUR and not being satisfied...

This is an expensive hobby. Sometimes you get good deals, but most of the times, you pay big cash. We are talking about a hobby that averages a cost of 200 EUR per figure, nowadays even more.

We decide to collect this stuff, and not do other things. This is our thing...

:goodpost: Exactly! How many cigarettes or glasses of wine does $200 get you these days?!! Not as many as you'd think, I suppose! And some people consider that to be their "hobby"!!! I know what I'd rather be spending my money on...

I always seem to get the best out of of making the best of what I've got and can afford. My Indy is made of the best bits I could afford at the time and the most spent was probably £75 for the SSC Raiders figure MIB.

I understand what you say.

In my case, I was late to jump into the Indy stuff. I didn't want to give it a go, because I knew it was gonna be expensive.

I got the TOD Indy, and I needed a jacket. Took that decision and I think it is a good decision, as far as collecting high end figures go.

The most expensive move I've done, including headsculpts. I sold the Sideshow headsculpt and other accessories I wasn't going to use to make up for that a bit.

I don't know... I also bought the Tamashii C3-PO. At the time, 260 EUR for a Star Wars droid seemed an expensive effort... but now I don't regret it either.

Sometimes you overpay stuff (maybe I overpaid for the jacket) sometimes it's ok (maybe I was lucky with C3-PO).

I guess it goes with collecting.

Back