1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for reference, here's my original MJ Choi head which I painted. All size issues aside, I think the recast lost some of the likeness in the process somehow.

778fea7806fb53b8ada91735470ee43a.jpg

Yeah it looks like the recast did get slightly squished or distorted somehow from the original. The sculpt always did have a slightly goofy look to it, but the recast seems to have emphasized that aspect a whole lot more.

The proportions definitely look a lot better in this other paintup I saved as well (sorry, I don't remember who from):

jhll - Copy (563x600).jpg

It's the body from the Hot Toys Assassin's Creed Ezio figure. The Sideshow TOD body seems like it would be a decent fit for the recast. It is decently tall, I believe. The Banner body would seem to be a better fit for the undersized TOD head since it is not as tall.

It's the body from the Hot Toys Assassin's Creed Ezio figure. The Sideshow TOD body seems like it would be a decent fit for the recast. It is decently tall, I believe. The Banner body would seem to be a better fit for the undersized TOD head since it is not as tall.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a lot of customization going on here, I know...
Big thanks again to Kuat and Rogbee for the head-fixing tips...

I think I'm happy... For now... The adventure continues...

"Fortune and glory, kid... Fortune and glory..." :whip

No worries,

Your recast does look rather good there, almost as good as the original in terms of features, though the eyes do look overly dark. If I do get one and am of a mind to, I may repaint the eyes.

A word of caution about the Ezio body, to make Ezio stand taller, they extended the ankle sockets, which actually makes it too tall for Indy. I used standard lower legs on mine. There are, however, clones available with standard legs. It has a fixed neck which was my prime reason for choosing it for Indy.

I think the iris is just a shade lighter than the pupil, you have to have it under a spot light to see it. Otherwise it's basically indistinguishable.

Yeah, I looked at most of the pics and couldn't see anything but black iris. It's a bummer because you can see in xmk's paint-up, the eyes are greenish. You have to ownder if it loses a bit of likenesss just solely on that eye color aspect.

Just for reference, here's my original MJ Choi head which I painted. All size issues aside, I think the recast lost some of the likeness in the process somehow.

778fea7806fb53b8ada91735470ee43a.jpg

You did a great job with that paint-up. :clap

So I got my recast too. Here is a pic.
05f279a77a9e5e20c4fd8954561adc6e.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

That angle actually has a little Ben Stiller in there. It's a bit like the HT Indy head where it can look very nice at certain angles and under certain lighting, but others the likeness falls away. Kuat has the right idea with the tilt.

Yeah, I looked at most of the pics and couldn't see anything but black iris. It's a bummer because you can see in xmk's paint-up, the eyes are greenish. You have to ownder if it loses a bit of likenesss just solely on that eye color aspect.

You did a great job with that paint-up. :clap

That angle actually has a little Ben Stiller in there. It's a bit like the HT Indy head where it can look very nice at certain angles and under certain lighting, but others the likeness falls away. Kuat has the right idea with the tilt.

Thank you for the kind words. I think you are right on about the eyes. The color but also the position of the iris is probably a big part of what make its look.different then the Choi paint ups we've seen. I'm half tempted to repaint the eyes on one of my recasts just to see if I can improve the likeness.

What do you think beats it then, Roger? The original MJ, the knock-off or your Trevor Grove perhaps...?

I don't think anything beats it as there isn't a be all and end all Indy sculpt out there, I've seen pics where they all look good. When you get a load of different ones together you tend to see what's off with some more than others. I think the Inigo is too elongated, but, that was down to the casting as we've seen it a lot with digitally produced sculpts.

Back