1/6 HT Iron Man - How long do batteries last

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandirk

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Just curious...

How long do the batteries last if lights are on 24/7?

I tried searching forum and net but didn't really find an answer...

LED so I assume they might last a while?

You don't need to worry about the lights going out, the Arc reactor is self sustaining :wink1:

Seriously though
I honestly do not know but I don't think its very long.

The batteries they come with are really cheap, they don't last long and are prone to defects. If you actually want to use them long term you'd probably want to buy some higher quality ones- but still they're not going to last days at a time.

The only time I test the batteries is when I first open the figure and test the functions, picture taking, or when I show it off to somebody. Otherwise I very rarely use the functions. The batteries are out for the most part. But I would invest in some name brands such as Energizer, Duracell, etc.

They're cheap batteries that last only a few minutes longer than most Freaks do in bed, so they should be replaced. But any battery shouldn't be kept sitting in the figure for extremely long periods of time and I can't recommend leaving the figure on 24/7.

i heard many people said those included batteries are prone to leaking fluid and rust.
any better brand of batteries to recommend using on the iron man?

I was told by someone that their batteries died after being on for 2 hours straight..., they are only tiny little things though so I guess they wouldn't last that long really.

Yeah, not sure how the OP couldn't just think about it for two seconds and come to the conclusion "not long". Anyone expect them to last 48 hrs or something? :lol

Anyway, if you do want to leave the lights on for a long while, buy Pixelpiper's battery eliminators and a remote. You will have to hide the wiring but it would work well for the bases and especially on larger figs like Monger, Igor or the upcoming Hulkbuster. Just look him up if you're interested. He's got a link in his sig to his sales thread.

The only time I test the batteries is when I first open the figure and test the functions, picture taking, or when I show it off to somebody. Otherwise I very rarely use the functions. The batteries are out for the most part. But I would invest in some name brands such as Energizer, Duracell, etc.

that's how I'll handle my iron man when I finally get one this yr

Hey fellas, I was curious about the battery status on the older IM figures. I have a gunmetal Mark III which has never been displayed and the pull out tabs for the batteries are still in place, never removed.
Should I take the batteries out anyways?

had batteries in my hot rod to take a pic...they were already dim by the time i had him posed and the pic was taken. maybe 5 minutes.

Yeah, not sure how the OP couldn't just think about it for two seconds and come to the conclusion "not long". Anyone expect them to last 48 hrs or something? :lol

Anyway, if you do want to leave the lights on for a long while, buy Pixelpiper's battery eliminators and a remote. You will have to hide the wiring but it would work well for the bases and especially on larger figs like Monger, Igor or the upcoming Hulkbuster. Just look him up if you're interested. He's got a link in his sig to his sales thread.

I looked him up because I was very curious i looked through the entire thread and about HT stuff

"Just keep in mind that while the battery eliminators can be used with almost any product that uses regular batteries, the current exception is Hot Toys branded products because they have failed to design their products correctly and have omitted critical components to protect the LEDs. I will have Hot Toys specific versions of the wiring extensions that come with the eliminators soon to cover those products (like the Tumbler, Batman DX12 stand, etc."

Thats what he (Pixel) said and I didn't find an update I may be mistaken (its 1 am lol) but I am very interested in this myself as well

Hey fellas, I was curious about the battery status on the older IM figures. I have a gunmetal Mark III which has never been displayed and the pull out tabs for the batteries are still in place, never removed.
Should I take the batteries out anyways?

Take them batteries out! I have one also and thought it would be fine. Then I checked it about a year ago and even though I never removed the tabs the connectors were getting rusty. The batteries had begun to leak. They don't last forever even if you don't use them.

Back