1/6 Hot Toys - VGM58 - Battlefront 2: Umbra Operative ARC Trooper (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it’s a similar situation to arena boba:

- you have people who want it just because it’s limited

- you have people who want it just because it’s a badass looking black recolor of a beloved character/design, and striking for the shelf

- and you have people who want it because of the source material (the comic or in this case, the game). this is easily one of the most iconic and recognizable original designs to come out of BF2 2017 which was a game that (after a rocky launch) was beloved by many.

Up until yesterday I always read Umbura but I now only see Umbra. Am I the only person here with such selective dyslexia / Mandela effect?
definitely happened to me too back when they added them to the game. considering there were even arc troopers on the planet Umbara im sure plenty of people mixed it up.

looked up the definition of “Umbra” though and it seems fitting for blacked out armor: “the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.”

it’s a similar situation to arena boba:

- you have people who want it just because it’s limited

- you have people who want it just because it’s a badass looking black recolor of a beloved character/design, and striking for the shelf

- and you have people who want it because of the source material (the comic or in this case, the game). this is easily one of the most iconic and recognizable original designs to come out of BF2 2017 which was a game that (after a rocky launch) was beloved by many.
I'd argue that is primarily the limited nature of it. It could pink and green. If they made it super exclusive, FOMO will trigger those who aren't even interested in it.

And good on them, if that's what kicks the can down the road. 🤷

Having said that, I do not think this was a good choice for limited availability. Lots of folks wanted this guy and it's pretty unfair imo.

These type of limited releases will ALWAYS sell. So why put a desired trooper up like that?

Seems almost cruel.

Last edited:
I'd argue that is primarily the limited nature of it. It could pink and green. If they made it super exclusive, FOMO will trigger those who aren't even interested in it.

Having said that, I do not think this was a good choice for limited availability. Lots of folks wanted this guy and it's pretty unfair imo.

These type of limited releases will ALWAYS sell. So why put a desired trooper up like that?

Seems almost cruel.
doubt it, at least the popularity of this clone is synonymous with the well-known video game like Battlefront 2, and it is a cool looking design.

Unlike the exclusive chrome plated Clone Trooper last time that nobody cares...'member it ?

doubt it, at least the popularity of this clone is synonymous with the well-known video game like Battlefront 2, and it is a cool looking design.

Unlike the exclusive chrome plated Clone Trooper last time that nobody cares...'member it ?
Hmm. You make a valid point here.

Yup, as one of the bigger clone collectors here...I had no interest in the chrome plated clones and completely skipped them.

The chrome/metallic/gold metal special editions is an Asian thing I think, seen a lot of limited releases for pop culture figures over there come in full gold like transformers etc.

Is this the only black trooper design besides the Rogue One death troopers so far? I'm nearly a complete greenhorn on clones and troopers but regretted missing out on those, so happy I managed to get the umbra from Sideshow. Bonus it's an ARC trooper and comes with a commander helmet.

I think this would have sold fairly well as a normal release coming with 3 helmets, but not being a main character it is a good pick for a limited release but 1500 worldwide is just cruel.

HT also made a Shadow Trooper back in the day which was basically a black Stormtrooper. I actually saw one for sale recently as well. There’s also the Purge Trooper.

I received my Trooper today, I’ll post pics of him a little later along with my BF2 Shock Trooper customs.

Here’s some quick photos of the Umbra ARC and friends
IMG_7280.jpeg
IMG_7281.jpeg
IMG_7282.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg
IMG_7284.jpeg
IMG_7285.jpeg

Some thoughts on this one… I think his shelf presence is amazing. He stands out against literally everything else in my collection and grabs your attention immediately. He’s fun to pose up, but he obviously has the same limitations to that thanks to his pauldrons, same as Jesse.

I do wish they had skipped on at least the Commander helmet and given us a generic clone headsculpt instead. I know he never removes his helmet in BF2, but still… he never wears the Commander helm either from what I remember.

Overall I’m happy with the pick up. I think this one makes a great addition to not only a Clone Wars collection but a display in general. He’ll definitely stand out, though I’ll be honest… he looks more orange than yellow to me.

Is this the first star wars release that's only 1500? Don't think there is numbers for arena Fett but if he was a convention exclusive I assume similar numbers as dark side Anakin, trooper Luke etc that was all around a lot longer then this, I remember dark side Anakin sitting forever on sideshow before selling out.

Hopefully such low editions stays mostly iron man with 10% longer hair, cartoon color batman etc rather then creep into the star wars figures.

Seems almost cruel.
100% agree. This was one I wanted and tried to get but in the end won't pay after market prices for it. Love the color scheme.

I do wonder if HT is playing some sort of long game with these releases. Yeah, they could've made some extra cash by making double the number on this but perhaps their logic is to create that FOMO for more releases down the road. From a customer service perspective, it's an awful approach, but it wouldn't surprise me either...

100% agree. This was one I wanted and tried to get but in the end won't pay after market prices for it. Love the color scheme.

I do wonder if HT is playing some sort of long game with these releases. Yeah, they could've made some extra cash by making double the number on this but perhaps their logic is to create that FOMO for more releases down the road. From a customer service perspective, it's an awful approach, but it wouldn't surprise me either...
Absolutely, building the itch to not miss out on the next limited release.

I got two, one from SS the other overseas, price is dropping fairly rapidly so why not.

Knowing in my gut (just feel it), they will re-release this without the (Cody) helmet as a regular edition. Its package on the backside of plastic container giving it last minute vibe…

I'm surprised they have not yet reissued figures like RotJ emperor, but have they ever reissued a limited release? Even among the 83957 iron man figures?

Back