1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Sideshows premium format Batman Arkham Asylum goes up for pre order on may 7th. Be nice if we had this before theirs is released. :lol

Didn't Howard already say no to Catwoman since he didn't like the look of her in Arkham City or something stupid? :lol

I would love if they did Arkham Knight Nightwing and Catwoman at the least.

After seeing the Batman PF from Sideshow, I may just cancel my HT Batman and get the PF now. Doesn't seem like HT has anything else in the pipeline for the next year or so between Avengers and Iron Man. Not to mention SW7, BVS, Cap 3 and other films which would get priority.

What? lol see that's why I won't buy this, this figure will be all alone. I'd buy them all but honestly all I need is a proper 1/6 Harley Quinn, that's all I need

Didn't Howard already say no to Catwoman since he didn't like the look of her in Arkham City or something stupid? :lol

Now see this just makes me sad. :( Can anyone confirm if this is true? It's the first I'm hearing of it.

The Arkham series has great characters and there is such an absence of 1/6th Bat villains and supporting cast that I would think this line could have had great success. This would have been a series I wanted to complete. This whole Arkham line seems like a missed opportunity. I'm not sure if it is because of poor business planning/timing, lack of interest from HT or lack of interest from the consumer market. Although I'd have a hard time believing consumers wouldn't be interested in Harley, Joker, Scarecrow, Robin, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Black mask, or Deadshot.

I'm just not digging Sideshow's angry, old, ugly Batmen and there is really no alternatives other than Nolan's Batman which I already got. Well… I feel a little better now. Sorry to all of you who were unfortunate enough to read this mind dump.

Now see this just makes me sad. :( Can anyone confirm if this is true? It's the first I'm hearing of it.

It sounds too childish to be true...I don't know :dunno

The Arkham series has great characters and there is such an absence of 1/6th Bat villains and supporting cast that I would think this line could have had great success. This would have been a series I wanted to complete. This whole Arkham line seems like a missed opportunity. I'm not sure if it is because of poor business planning/timing, lack of interest from HT or lack of interest from the consumer market. Although I'd have a hard time believing consumers wouldn't be interested in Harley, Joker, Scarecrow, Robin, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Black mask, or Deadshot.

I'm just not digging Sideshow's angry, old, ugly Batmen and there is really no alternatives other than Nolan's Batman which I already got. Well… I feel a little better now. Sorry to all of you who were unfortunate enough to read this mind dump.

I agree, we need more bat villains

So Sideshows premium format Batman Arkham Asylum goes up for pre order on may 7th. Be nice if we had this before theirs is released. :lol
Won't even be a possibility unless you live in Hong Kong. And even then...I doubt it. Summer is the planned release timetable.

S
Before you start blaming people for not pre-ordering, and how sales aren't up to par and all of that jazz, I feel like, maybe, it might be a bit of an oversight to not mention the fact that it took Howard three years to finish a product that was already in development. Three ****ing years. He goes off and teases a figure when he announces the license, showing accessories that look complete and whatever, and then, when all of the excitement ramps up, he gives people three years of nothing. You can only tolerate so many "coming soons" before you throw your hands up and say "**** this ****." I've been there with the EB Batman. I got all excited, sold off my TF Exclusive in preparation for it, and I got so sick of Bill's stupid bull**** teases, that I said "forget it" on principle alone.

With that in mind, I'd say, at the very least, we should get the damn Joker figure he already teased, but, seriously, don't go criticizing people for being pissed off at Chan. The dude doesn't give a ****. You look at the prototype pics compared to the Backstage pics from all those years ago, and you know what you'll find? The same accessories. The same damn accessories. The Arkham series had all sorts of potential for different accessories, and I'm not saying I expected his whole arsenal, but there isn't a single difference in what we got compared to what was shown.

That leads me to believe it was nothing more than an afterthought. Some project that his team could work on for 2-3 minutes here and there between sculpting all of the shiny new Iron Men. People are pissed off, and they have every right to be. It just pisses me off when any expectations of Howard that weren't meant are passed off as "the license proved itself unsuccessful, and he's a businessman," when, in actuality, the guy never had any faith in the license to begin with.

You are entitled to not buy. To be upset. Nothing wrong with that.

It's the name calling and assumptions based on your own wants and experience without the slightest (or legitimate) thought that maybe it's not just becuase the guy hates this or that or anything. And maybe it's about business. If he just didn't give it a chance, or didn't want to do it, why spend tens of thousands of dollars on the license and at least two prototypes? My reasoning-the initial response and PO sales didn't justify spending more money on a property. Yours-he never cared and he hates it and it's all about iron man.

I didn't "blame" people for not buying. But if this sold as well iron man or others do you really think they wouldn't keep milking it like they do that?

Yes, they make a crap load of iron man figures. But they have also made figures from two robocop movies, avatar, Sweeney Todd, five predator movies, five batman movies, a batman video game, a 50 year old batman TV show, two Batman 1/6 vehicles, BTTF, ichabod crane, commando, Star Wars, resident evil, mgs, and a dozen other properties. So this "they only care about Marvel" argument is old and not supported by the product catalog. They continue to try and develop new properties. But when they don't sell what should they do? Stick it out? And yes, three years is a long time. But it's not crazy out of whack with other companies or even some of hot toys other products. When there is no new "hype" or free advertising or interest generating media there's going to be less rush. So the properties that do have those source materials out will get product support that utilizes them. But no, it's more like they just don't care and it's all random willy nilly

And people here come on complaining that hot toys doesn't tel them enough, in the same post they say all they do is lie and you don't believe them. And when they do say something it's never enough, or its all crap...so you go through and read people comments about hot toys and Howard chan and you tell me how excited you would be to tak to those people. Honestly

Won't even be a possibility unless you live in Hong Kong. And even then...I doubt it. Summer is the planned release timetable.

Their PF goes up for pre-order on May 7th, we don't know when their release date is which will be many months later. So what I meant was it would be nice to have the Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City released into the wild for people to own anywhere in the world before Sideshow manages to ship their PF Batman Arkham City version whenever their release date is, since this has been delayed even though just recently it was in the HT photo of "soon to be released" but still has not materialized yet. :) It was supposed to be a funny coment on how Hot Toys seems to push back everything lately!! Their release dates should just say "sometime in the near future at least xxx months/years from now as long as all our Iron Men and Marvel figures get out on time 1st" :wink1:

Their PF goes up for pre-order on May 7th, we don't know when their release date is which will be many months later. So what I meant was it would be nice to have the Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City released into the wild for people to own anywhere in the world before Sideshow manages to ship their PF Batman Arkham City version whenever their release date is, since this has been delayed even though just recently it was in the HT photo of "soon to be released" but still has not materialized yet. :) It was supposed to be a funny coment on how Hot Toys seems to push back everything lately!! Their release dates should just say "sometime in the near future at least xxx months/years from now as long as all our Iron Men and Marvel figures get out on time 1st" :wink1:

:lol :lol

What? lol see that's why I won't buy this, this figure will be all alone. I'd buy them all but honestly all I need is a proper 1/6 Harley Quinn, that's all I need

It'd be sad if true. But since we got that super basic and tacky Anne Catwoman...

This has to be the best batman we will ever get, design-wise.

Uh, no. Hell no.

a651a026fd426ba58f60cf9ad7bee080.jpg

The Arkham Batman suit design in the game is very good. The figure is not.

As long as they use the right material, the Affleck Batman will be the best looking figure yet, I imagine.

Back