1/6 Hot Toys -TMS117 - Ahsoka series: Marrok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a character he was a missed opportunity in a show that was, well, another missed opportunity filled with awful writing but as with the other figures in the line it looks to be nicely made and looks great as a generic Inquisitor/Sith so I like it. Will I buy it? Not sure. But I like it as a figure.

If HT are going deep on this line then outside of main cast I would like to see an Enoch, night troopers, night tie pilot, night death trooper, flashback clones especially phase 1 and 2 Rex and also Shin/Baylan.

HT look happy to milk the line so good chance at least a couple of those get done.

I’d be uber surprised if they go Mando deep on this line considering the ratings report, but who knows what lurks in the heart of Howard? Like most, I hope HT closes it out with Baylin, Shin, and Enoch. Bonus would be the stormtroopers, but considering the last Mando set of Troopers are still peg warming, I’d be pleasantly surprised if we get them now. Still plenty of time to retread this at the ramp up of the movie.

Really HT? This waste of space before Baylan?
Someone made a good point that there was probably less hoops to jump thru with Marrok since he had no face reveal following up with that means less licensing work to do which I can see that being the case.

I just did a all Marrok scenes search yesterday night & found out why everyone was saying, "Meanwhile Marrok....." (never finished watching Ahsoka show but I did like his design, reminded me of that one that tried to fly away from Kanan, Ahsoka, & Maul in Rebels)

As a character he was a missed opportunity in a show that was, well, another missed opportunity filled with awful writing but as with the other figures in the line it looks to be nicely made and looks great as a generic Inquisitor/Sith so I like it. Will I buy it? Not sure. But I like it as a figure.

If HT are going deep on this line then outside of main cast I would like to see an Enoch, night troopers, night tie pilot, night death trooper, flashback clones especially phase 1 and 2 Rex and also Shin/Baylan.

HT look happy to milk the line so good chance at least a couple of those get done.
Agreed on all points. It's nice the show I guess opens a path to an Heir to The Empire series or movie. But that's about all it does to me from what I've heard after all the episodes released. I didn't even finish watching the show after 2 episode premiere mainly cause of you know what that led me to believe the show wasn't serious in writing. The damage control that came after from the acolytes was......somewhat impressive.

I liked his design as well. As you said, good for generic inquisitor. Simple looking, nothing crazy. I have no attachment to Baylan or Shin but they definitely should be going all in the line. Admittedly Star Wars, even with the crap writing can be their new Iron Man (except if any of the content is as bad as the "sequels" to which then Sideshow and other retailers are sitting on stocks and stocks of Stormtroopers for not just months but years, TFA specifically; lol it was even the main characters w/exception of Han & Chewie if I remember correctly cause obviously they're original trilogy despite being older now—at least the recent TV series don't seem to fall in such a category as the "sequels" their stuff looks like it's selling, but granted the Mandalorian Trooper sets seem to be still widely available, as well as the simple shine finish version of Mandalorian & Grogu)

I'm aiming for a Palpatine, Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Marrok line-up when talking about Imperial force users.

Say what you will about this character and figure....but it will likely be produced in small numbers, sell out and people will panic they missed it. He is definitely a character that will never be made again by HT.

I'm getting him because I really liked his design and I want to have an inquisitors display, and since he was on at some point, he fits right in.

Someone made a good point that there was probably less hoops to jump thru with Marrok since he had no face reveal following up with that means less licensing work to do which I can see that being the case.

That’s a pretty common approach for Hot Toys, especially for the Star Wars line.

Though it’s not just getting the likeness approved; it’s also about not having to manufacture and paint the sculpts which bottlenecks production because those arguably take the longest to produce.

Like the Mando lineup. That line exploded because of the number of figures they could get away with not making head sculpts for.

Although Axe Woves not having a sculpt is still disappointing.

What did this guy have, like, 5 minutes of total screen time? And no lines or personality as I recall. Pretty sure he gets killed, but can't actually even remember. HT's profit margin on these things must be through the roof.

What did this guy have, like, 5 minutes of total screen time? And no lines or personality as I recall. Pretty sure he gets killed, but can't actually even remember. HT's profit margin on these things must be through the roof.
Hey now, he has one line! He gets to say "As you wish." within that 5 minutes of screen time. Fork over your $275+ now.

Maybe we'll get a Book of Marrok down the line for Disney to beautifully expand his lore and story as a fart cloud.

Hey now, he has one line! He gets to say "As you wish." within that 5 minutes of screen time. Fork over your $275+ now.

Maybe we'll get a Book of Marrok down the line for Disney to beautifully expand his lore and story as a fart cloud.

A LINE HE STOLE FROM BOBA, AT THAT. Boy, I tell you what! That's some next-level **** right there. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_5339.jpeg

Saw a full compilation of Marrok scenes, and he says a few other things to Shin. It's kind of funny how many got infatuated with him to the point they were coming up with so many theories like he's Starkiller/Galen Marek, Ezra himself, then it went from that to "Meanwhile Marrok".

I definitely was not that intrigued with him. Saw him on screen, thought "oh I like his armor, reminds me of that Inquisitor that tries to fly away in the temple ruins in Rebels, clearly not the same race," then moved on. Well, as you said probably they'll do a book of Marrok to fulfill the fantasies of the crowd that had all these connections of who they thought he was haha! Worst part, it will probably just turn into S2 of Ahsoka with Marrok not focused on like a certain somebody I know................

Back