1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the line for me. Zero restraint of any kind. Rebels is my favorite Star Wars show (as of now) and this looks like Season 5.

Give me everyone! I'll make the space or buy another display cabinet.

Sabine, Hera, Chopper, Ezra, Ahsoka, Anakin, Baylan, Shin, Thrawn, Marrok, and hopefully Kanan (if flashback).

I haven't been this pumped for anything Star Wars in a while.
I agree, they can do everyone and I'd like to get them all

Looks pretty good but not sure I'll get the figure. I didn't like Rebels when I first watched it a couple years ago, mostly b/c of Ezra actually. I actually fell asleep on it multiple times when binging. @chrisstbh had to remind me that it was Rebels where Obi-wan and Maul dueled for the last time when I could've sworn it was a flash forward scene in TCW :lol

It ‘only kinda’ reminds you of that design?! That’s 100% the initial draft.
View attachment 657959
The design predates him working at ILM by a good few years, but yeah they definitely got a lot of it in the final design when he joined up with them. Some of the cooler parts about it were dropped unfortunately, but I think some of it is the actress is just a slimmer build than the concept. Not sure rhe bulky armor would have looked right on her.

We'll have to see. Lots of costumes have that only looks cool in motion or figure form type vibe to it.

Looks pretty good but not sure I'll get the figure. I didn't like Rebels when I first watched it a couple years ago, mostly b/c of Ezra actually. I actually fell asleep on it multiple times when binging. @chrisstbh had to remind me that it was Rebels where Obi-wan and Maul dueled for the last time when I could've sworn it was a flash forward scene in TCW :lol

Love Rebels and thought the characters were surprisingly well fleshed out - liked that Ezra often messed up and over - reached. Great voice work and Lothal became a favorite environment for me. Chopper is awesome.

But. Picked up the Black Series as the nod to Rebels and am drawing the line there, I hope. I haven't sold any figs yet and it was bad enough picking up Boba/Mando figs $$$$. Like, I didn't know I'd be paying off a Dewback but here we are.:lol

Anyway there's supposed to be some big blowout theater finale where everyone shows up, if Filoni gets his way, so there will be even more figures.:horror

Picked up the Black Series as the nod to Rebels and am drawing the line there, I hope.

Fiscal responsibility is built on hope.

Although famous last words though probably. I think it’ll be hard to stay away as a Rebels fan.

And between the upcoming Hot Toys figures, HasLab Ghost, TVC/BS figures, Micro Galaxy ships, and everything in-between… it’s certainly both a blessing and a curse for all us fans of the show and characters right now. :lol

IMG_1617.gif

It ‘only kinda’ reminds you of that design?! That’s 100% the initial draft.
View attachment 657959
They just trimmed away all the bulk from the armour and dropped the more stylistic approach to the paint in favour of a clean, almost factory applied finish (wrong choice imo,) and then topped it all off by giving Sabine the flattest chest armour in the galaxy.
That concept design is 100x better imo. The helmet looks way more detailed, and I like how the armor has more battle damage.
I'm trying to avoid trailers, but is her armor really that pristine in the show?

After watching the two episode premiere. I really want a Sabine in her yellow and orange outfit with long hair. Even more now. Giver her the speeder bike.

Yeah, I’ve had no doubt that biker Sabine and speeder combo was definitely happening in both Hasbro and Hot Toys scales.

I'm going to have to hide my CC's when these go up.

I loved everything about these episodes, though I've adored (mostly) what we've gotten from animation between TCW S7 and TBB S1/S2, Mando S1/S2, and Andor (especially Andor), this felt like Star Wars, between the score (Kiner being the spiritual successor for Williams), the way it was shot, some cheesiness here and there, and the dialogue, the fanservice, I was hooked only a few minutes in.

Seeing Shin in the fields from Lothal with the Probe droid brought me right back to Maul on Tatooine hunting down Queen Amidala, one of many original 6 film nods in the premiere episodes.

As I say that, my credit cards are going in the shredder. Damn you Filoni.

Seeing Shin in the fields from Lothal with the Probe droid brought me right back to Maul on Tatooine hunting down Queen Amidala, one of many original 6 film nods in the premiere episodes.
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

one of my favourite moments too. i'm right there with you though, this show has the potential to be dangerous for my wallet. i love almost every character design.

Back