1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the timer on SS was done and the special editions are still up for order... was there a point to the timer?
Yes, to get as many customers as possible, in a short time-frame, to preorder. I would like to see the preorder numbers!

Here are the bestsellers currently at Sideshow:
4DAE7E8B-ACC1-4958-8996-1B91032258B5.png

Wow! Sideshow continues to show themselves as a Con.
Like I said more marketing panic buy BS from Sideshow. It's sad that they can't see or don't care about the damage it does to their reputation as being a shifty company. The loyalty point changes and the sending out 2nd hand stock (denial) just reinforces the perception. If it was my business I would be building a trusted reputation and a loyal customer base. And losing profit because of it :lol. Old fashioned I guess.

Like I said more marketing panic buy BS from Sideshow. It's sad that they can't see or don't care about the damage it does to their reputation as being a shifty company. The loyalty point changes and the sending out 2nd hand stock (denial) just reinforces the perception. If it was my business I would be building a trusted reputation and a loyal customer base. And losing profit because of it :lol. Old fashioned I guess.
Add to that the mafioso tactics they use against Hong Kong based sellers.

I only ordered from them because I don’t have to pay right now and not start paying until next year. And the “30 day warranty” but thinking of just buying from overseas in the future. The timer was completely pointless of course.

I only ordered from them because I don’t have to pay right now and not start paying until next year. And the “30 day warranty” but thinking of just buying from overseas in the future. The timer was completely pointless of course.
Looks like Boba just entered "waitlist" for the exclusive.

Seems so odd they have the webpage programming to mark an item being sold out based on their inventory on the auto, but they have to manually go in and change it when its running on a timer.

Seems so odd they have the webpage programming to mark an item being sold out based on their inventory on the auto, but they have to manually go in and change it when its running on a timer.
Their strategy probably didn't work as well as they hoped it would.

Undecided if the Holograms are worth the $45+ extra in tax/shipping vs smaller retailers. Anybody got any idea of how big they are? I never use the others I have but they are usually busts, vs these are ships which i do dig.
I was undecided on this also but ended up ordering from AE. With tax + shipping, I’m assuming an atleast $50 difference in price.

so guess that’s how they made it “sold out” by making it waitlist. Hmmmm I only ordered boba throne and mark 1 the special editions. Black widow I’ll wait to order and didn’t need the taskmaster shield as I definitely would never use that especially how taskmaster was treated in the film.

so guess that’s how they made it “sold out” by making it waitlist. Hmmmm I only ordered boba throne and mark 1 the special editions. Black widow I’ll wait to order and didn’t need the taskmaster shield as I definitely would never use that especially how taskmaster was treated in the film.
I'm not too affected since I was only going to order Boba from a different site for cheaper anyway, but the Iron Strange (for whoever that was made for) and Deadpool accessories are such a bullocks situation. Always down for preorder exclusives, I'm used to it when I collected Figma, but Extreme Early Bird exclusives leave a bad taste.

I'm not too affected since I was only going to order Boba from a different site for cheaper anyway, but the Iron Strange (for whoever that was made for) and Deadpool accessories are such a bullocks situation. Always down for preorder exclusives, I'm used to it when I collected Figma, but Extreme Early Bird exclusives leave a bad taste.
Yea this early of exclusive and only be available for a week timer is odd for sure. I wonder if this will be for all future figures through sideshow that has a “exclusive” to get more pre orders rig by away. Like I said earlier I only order thorough sideshow because of the great payment plan they offer and it’s literally 30 min away from me so shipping is next day for me.

Yea this early of exclusive and only be available for a week timer is odd for sure. I wonder if this will be for all future figures through sideshow that has a “exclusive” to get more pre orders rig by away. Like I said earlier I only order thorough sideshow because of the great payment plan they offer and it’s literally 30 min away from me so shipping is next day for me.
There are shops in other states that don’t charge tax out of state. Coupled with free or low cost flat rate shipping, wouldn’t you be saving like $30-40+ per figure buy buying from an authorized retailer?

I try to only order from Sideshow if I have no other options nowadays. I don’t hate them as some others do, but they need to raise their standards across the board.

That aside, the timed exclusives debuted with the figures revealed for the convention so they could make it a limited experiment if this didn’t pan out.

And I don’t think it worked that well, honestly, and making it limited seems counter to trying to incentivize people buying from Sideshow directly.

You’d want to make the exclusive available for as lonf as possible instead of chasing FOMO and impulse orders.

We’ll see what happens the next time a figure has a Sideshow exclusive version.

That aside, the timed exclusives debuted with the figures revealed for the convention so they could make it a limited experiment if this didn’t pan out.

And I don’t think it worked that well, honestly, and making it limited seems counter to trying to incentivize people buying from Sideshow directly.

You’d want to make the exclusive available for as lonf as possible instead of chasing FOMO and impulse orders.

We’ll see what happens the next time a figure has a Sideshow exclusive version.
I guess that's why the exclusives are so lame this time.

I guess that's why the exclusives are so lame this time.
That’s pretty par for the course. Luckily for anyone that doesn’t care about exclusives, the bonus items are generally not show stoppers.

There’s only been a handful of bonus accessories that have had a shot at being displayed out of the box (eg. Luke and Han Stormtrooper belts, Iron Man Mk 3 arc reactor, Cap’s Corvus Glaive... glaive, maybe Anakin poncho for poncho enthusiasts, etc.)

Often it’s a cheap hologram. And if it’s something like that or an unpainted diecast helmet, most folks probably didn’t feel particularly enthusiastic about being strong armed into an order. Especially on a $400+ figure.

It just me or does the paint look more smooth and how it should look compared to the rough paint app we saw on the previous protos at the cons?

Attachments

• 9325588E-D65C-4BF8-846B-D0293EFC68B9.jpeg
    9325588E-D65C-4BF8-846B-D0293EFC68B9.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 61
Back