1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I hate myself right now, because I’m about to preorder this today, because I’m getting strong armed into it. And it’s like, for two ******* holograms.

I might have gotten a couple of the timed figures, But I only have enough to preorder 1 atm, because i wasn’t prepared for this kinda nonsense. So now I won’t get the exclusives for the IronPool and MK1 I might have ordered, you know, closer to 2023…. And will likely skip them completely.

So I’m getting the dumb ships over practical extras, because of Bullies. Wonderful 😂 😭

Last edited:
The holograms of the Slave 1 and Razor Crest are pretty cool throw ins I think. Might actually try to display them which is more than I can say for a lot of other crap that ends up in the boxes of my 1/6 figures.
If they started to make dioramas, especially cockpit ones, these will come in nicely I imagine.

Last edited:
I for one can't wait to get my little blue star ships and leave them in the box.

I have a couple dozen little blue and green Iron Man/War Machine ones. They are very cool and some might have been out of the box for 60 to 90 seconds. Just enough time to take it out, look at it and put it back lol.

No Temuera sculpt?

Only in the Deluxe set with the throne:

HT Boba repaint armour with Throne6.jpg

I wonder if people increased the orders because SS put the annoying deadline ..

I hope a lot of people realize only the special editions with the two holograms are the deadlines..The collector editions on both regular and deluxe are plenty and not going anywhere :lecture

Maybe it's just me, but the one on display during the booth tour looked like it had more smoothed out armor.

It does appear smoother. Even though the camera images are a bit soft the indentations seem to be shallower, and the larger crater on the helmet doesn't show.

bf2.jpg

I also realised that the dais they mocked up for display is made of something like sheet plastic, with the grooves painted on:

bf3.jpg

It does appear smoother. Even though the camera images are a bit soft the indentations seem to be shallower, and the larger crater on the helmet doesn't show.

View attachment 532345

I also realised that the dais they mocked up for display is made of something like sheet plastic, with the grooves painted on:

View attachment 532346
Lighting from the stage set and the shelves surroundings ..remember the staff kept saying how they enjoyed the surrounding LED displays that were used a

Ngai Hang Tse posted these shots of Boba at Secret Base yesterday:

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

So, if he's still there (without Fennec), it could be that the version Sideshow has on display has smoother armour.

Ngai Hang Tse posted these shots of Boba at Secret Base yesterday:

View attachment 532435

View attachment 532436

View attachment 532437

So, if he's still there (without Fennec), it could be that the version Sideshow has on display has smoother armour.

You can see the orange stripes on the side of the helmet and the logo on the shoulder are transfers. Clearly this is a bodged together proto, which is good news as it means Hot Toys will hopefully take their time sorting out the rushed paint job in favour of something smoother and more appealing.

I've attached an image of Boba Fresh with Mando. It's the image of Boba that I'd like to see Hot Toys imitate. The paint job is considerably smoother, the orange stripes on the side of the helmet are faded and there are less paint chips. It's also very matte and not a satin finish. Looks way cooler to me and a lot less distracting than the bad paint job they currently have on the proto.

Attachments

• Boba Fresh.jpg
    Boba Fresh.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 71
Almost in this video:

View attachment 532450

View attachment 532451

You can click on the photos and enlarge them.

Thanks man, that's excellent. Like their music. Those Mando Nite-Owls look so impressive on both sides of Bo-Katan. In fact all of this gets me excited again. Really hope they don't do a tease and forget on these figures !

Here is another with some close up video with Norm from Adam Savages Tested.

Better put in those last minute preorders, or you'll face paying $100 bucks extra on the second-hand market for those holos :cautious:
Capture.PNG

I caved and placed the order for the Special edition with throne. May as well, only $39 NRD.

Back