1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already the justifications, as predicted only a few posts ago.
.....not smooth
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 4.14.54 pm.png

I could never resist a HT Jabba. That pic is curious because it doesn’t look like the throne from Book of Boba teaser had that many extraneous blankets hanging down the front, if at all. Whereas those blankets are present on Jabba’s throne...so....IS Hot Toys actually making a Jabba? I’d faint with excitement.
The BOBF throne has two large brown blankets at each end whereas the Jabba ROTJ throne has a brown blanket at one end and a large animal hide kind of under Jabba in the middle (mostly, it does vary.)
We'll almost certainly see Jabba in BoBF. So, I would definitely never say never. Its quite likely, actually.

As for is Fennec wearing black and orange, yes she is.

My fear is it will be A Jabba, but not THE Jabba. It'll be that female Jabba from TPM is my bet.

I get that Fett came back from the dead, but ROTJ Jabba was choked to death THEN blown up.:lol
Slave 1...? Whaaaaaaaat?
With that chrome-dome TM is sporting as unhelmeted Boba, it should be Shaved One. :dunno :lol

According to Sideshow's specs Boba's throne is about 13 1/3" wide.

Sideshow's Jabba 2.0 dais is about 26" wide.

Therefore, going by this photo Hot Toys' dais is quite a bit under scale:

214738539_10158128922707344_1029909077088866930_n-jpg.531057

That's also apparent judging by the screencap:

50733873577_f935c63b8e_o.png

The dais is also short when compared to the length of the spit:

HT Boba Throne.png

Throne chais wasn't so big as I imagined it would turns out to be, still have sufficient space for the whole set with upcoming Fennec standing next.

217806481_4313146135415521_6428340247164326368_n.jpg

I'm going to laugh when you get this 'Brillo Poop' figure for yourself. :)
I kind of like it but I loooove that repaint Boba on the throne.

These two shows are going to generate endless Detolfs filled with blue, silver, black etc etc etc Boba Fett armor variations of all these new characters - who knew the guy had such legs, maybe more so than Vader or any other SW OT character.

I think it's important to keep in mind that these pics are very hi-res of a 12 inch figure. I think the finished product will be much more subtle, texture-wise...
I know, but the only thing we have to go on are these pictures, don't really have the opportunity to see these in person before purchasing them.

We can still criticise it so that they become aware of it.

Unless I was getting 2 the throne is a waste of time for me because never in a million years would I display Boba Fett sitting down sleeping with his weapons at his side.

Then I guess you're gonna have to get 2.
Yeah, now I'm suddenly thinking about 2... Dang it! I am envisioning a lineup of all my Fett figures from Kenner through Fresh in more Fett-like poses. So, I guess I can get a standard for that and then the deluxe with Throne to re-create that iconic scene. Like I said...dang it!

My fear is it will be A Jabba, but not THE Jabba. It'll be that female Jabba from TPM is my bet.

I get that Fett came back from the dead, but ROTJ Jabba was choked to death THEN blown up.:lol

But Fett has spent a significant portion of his life working for Jabba. Why would BoBF therefore not actually show Jabba? The show is delving into Fett's past, after all.

HT is going in very deep with Fett, I could absolutely see a HT Jabba happening. My hat is off to everyone with the money and space to add him to their collections.

Back