1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad-bod Boba didn't though. You think they might do flashback episodes involving Jabba? Would be awesome, but Mando doesn't really suggest it could happen (though yeah, this is BF.)

Given what Tem has said about the show [the little he's able to say....] I have a feeling a significant portion of the show will be showing past events. It'll have to, because they won't be leaving that sarlacc business out.... not by a long shot. That is his definitive moment, and we -will- be seeing it. We will probably see more detail about the entire day that sarlacc business went down. Heck yeah they will be showing Jabba. We may see Luke, Han the whole business.

"You have to wonder why they would have made the throne the right height but narrowed it by 50%. "

Detolfs, my friend. They want it to fit inside a detolf.

You have to wonder why they would have made the throne the right height but narrowed it by 50%. It's not like the prop's twice the size of the one HT has made, so was impractical to produce in 1/6.

JiLoGgg.jpg
So it could fit in Howard's Detolf?

Given what Tem has said about the show [the little he's able to say....] I have a feeling a significant portion of the show will be showing past events. It'll have to, because they won't be leaving that sarlacc business out.... not by a long shot. That is his definitive moment, and we -will- be seeing it. We will probably see more detail about the entire day that sarlacc business went down. Heck yeah they will be showing Jabba. We may see Luke, Han the whole business.

"You have to wonder why they would have made the throne the right height but narrowed it by 50%. "

I really, really hope you're right but, other than the occasional fan service moments (Luke's arrival at end of S2,) Disney just seems more interested in creating its own new IP material than mining what's gone before.

So my guess is the show is more about BF establishing himself as the new badass boss on the block than dwelling on stuff that's been mined many times in other ways (like a lot of detail about escape from Sarlacc.)
So it could fit in Howard's Detolf?
But the correctly scaled throne in 1/6 is less than the width of the detolf. :dunno

HT for whatever reason often does accessories underscale - the lantern that came with Yoda, the interrogation droid, mouse droid etc etc - all underscale.

And yet all could have been done at correct 1/6 scale and still been easy enough to manufacture and ship. It's more about cost I think - they know many people won't notice, and they save.

I get that Shaved One is the Disney look for unhelmeted Boba, but I really wish they hadn't made it so prominent. Seems like HT has an issue eyeballing a good clean-cranial proportion like with Nick Fury.

The throne's 1/3 too narrow but the chrome dome's 1/3 too high.

vfoKnrB.png

So there should be two time periods; 1: current time claiming the throne, 2: timeline starting with the sarlacc. There is a massive amount of time between digestion to Boba finding Din. Seems like he found Din just as he was about to reclaim his armor. You think he lost the armor right after the sarlacc encounter, but did he?

Yep, with the brackets you can't fit it in width wise and will have to angle it in. But it fits.

In my 45+ year old eyes who watched ESB and ROTJ in theatres when they were released in the 80's. Who purchased the 3 3/4 action figure and displayed them with the other five bounty hunters there is only one Boba Fett.

The new Mandalorian / Book of Fett Disney Plus character I can accept but kind of see it as a Multiverse. Same goes with the Sequel trilogy. My Han lived happily ever after with Leia after ROTJ :)(y).

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I get that Shaved One is the Disney look for unhelmeted Boba, but I really wish they hadn't made it so prominent. Seems like HT has an issue eyeballing a good clean-cranial proportion like with Nick Fury.

The throne's 1/3 too narrow but the chrome dome's 1/3 too high.

vfoKnrB.png
Well, this could explain the reduction in scale that HT has been implementing? Now we know where all the surplus plastic is going...😱 Straight to their heads!

So there should be two time periods; 1: current time claiming the throne, 2: timeline starting with the sarlacc. There is a massive amount of time between digestion to Boba finding Din. Seems like he found Din just as he was about to reclaim his armor. You think he lost the armor right after the sarlacc encounter, but did he?

Yep, with the brackets you can't fit it in width wise and will have to angle it in. But it fits.
I'd hope to get some further flashbacks to Boba as a younger adult (Daniel Logan is in his 30's, but he could still probably pull off a younger version as well. When I hear the name "Book of Boba Fett", I would imagine it would be about his life story and not just his story after the fall of the Empire.

I'd hope to get some further flashbacks to Boba as a younger adult (Daniel Logan is in his 30's, but he could still probably pull off a younger version as well. When I hear the name "Book of Boba Fett", I would imagine it would be about his life story and not just his story after the fall of the Empire.
I really, really hope it's that.

The "book" part to me was Boba's part of the wider Mandalorian story (ie his part in the Mando show world,) not necessarily the "A to Z of Boba Fett's whole life."

TM isn't the strongest of actors and I never really thought he could carry a whole series as the lead so maybe there will be significant flashbacks to earlier BF stories and other actors playing Boba in years much earlier. Maybe with that title "book of" it's sort of an anthology series with TM as Boba only 1/3 of the time, so we see him in various adventures at different ages.

Well, this could explain the reduction in scale that HT has been implementing? Now we know where all the surplus plastic is going...😱 Straight to their heads!
:rotfl

I want to see Jango and Jaster Mereel before the clone issues begin. And other Cuy'val Dar people after that, B. was on Kamino a lot as a child. Prob'ly not gonna happen.

Probably not.

I would love to see Boba look over at the wall where Han was hanging and then have a flashback to the delivery. Have the door open like it did in ROTJ/Slave 1 parked in the background as the door shuts, Fett walking Han in - have a couple GG's attack him or something. All hell breaks loose in the main chamber as Jabba tries to screw him over. A little scene like that.

The "book" part to me was Boba's part of the wider Mandalorian story (ie his part in the Mando show world,) not necessarily the "A to Z of Boba Fett's whole life."

It could be his 'little black book' of slap and tickle conquests.

Or it could be his 'naughty book' of people who just deserve a slap.

:lol

It could be his 'little black book' of slap and tickle conquests.

Or it could be his 'naughty book' of people who just deserve a slap.

:lol

Just a slap...? "Boba's Little Black Book of People He Blew Holes In Big Enough to Watch Holovids Through."

We gonna need about five seasons to get through THAT book.

Maybe with that title "book of" it's sort of an anthology series with TM as Boba only 1/3 of the time, so we see him in various adventures at different ages
That's basically what I'm hoping for. A flip flop between him taking over Jabba/Bib's criminal empire on Tatooine as well as him rising up to becoming the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter. Thinking in Disney's mindset, the merchandise possibilities are endless in that situation. Thinking in the mindset of a Star Wars fanboy, it would be great to visit more Clone Wars realms in live action.

Anybody notice how they’ve finally got the helmet/visor down? Hope they update the post-Sarlacc version on release.

Back