1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. Taking a chance on someone making a body suit for them and I believe they use the RO for reference
Whoops, I think I had this backwards. Sorry for getting confused.

R1 bodysuit on a more common Vader body? Never tried that. Could work, but not sure. Some parts of the standard body are thicker than the R1. I’ll defer to others on that question.

Whoops, I think I had this backwards. Sorry for getting confused.

R1 bodysuit on a more common Vader body? Never tried that. Could work, but not sure. Some parts of the standard body are thicker than the R1. I’ll defer to others on that question.
No problem. Hopefully someone else can confirm. I don't want to spend money and have it not fit

So I took a chance and had a couple of leather suits made for ANH and ESB vader. They turned out pretty great. This is one on the stock original ANH vader. Made by 2OUBLE 8IGHT on instagram

vader.jpg

Last edited:
So I took a chance and had a couple of leather suits made for ANH and ESB vader. They turned out pretty great. This is one on the stock original ANH vader. Made by 2OUBLE 8IGHT on instagram

View attachment 661777
Congrats! Didn't know they were making those available upon request. There's someone on the Custom One Sixth forum making real leather replacements for the ESB Vader that also look like top quality.

Congrats! Didn't know they were making those available upon request. There's someone on the Custom One Sixth forum making real leather replacements for the ESB Vader that also look like top quality.

Hoping it will work for Obi Wan Vader, My ESB Is a lost cause ill probably just sell off.

Hoping it will work for Obi Wan Vader, My ESB Is a lost cause ill probably just sell off.
I could be wrong as I think English isn't their first language so something may have gotten missed in translation, but I think the one over on COS said they will be making the Obi-wan leather suit as well. ESB is first as that's what they currently have in production. I hope they eventually do all the current and upcoming Vader suits honestly. I like my Rise Customs ANH one enough, as it's better than the stock suit, but think it could be better. They also mentioned they're potentially going to do real leather boots.

I have a Rise custom suit and I think it's fantastic. I would love to be able to buy another one, not sure if they are making anymore.

I could be wrong as I think English isn't their first language so something may have gotten missed in translation, but I think the one over on COS said they will be making the Obi-wan leather suit as well. ESB is first as that's what they currently have in production. I hope they eventually do all the current and upcoming Vader suits honestly. I like my Rise Customs ANH one enough, as it's better than the stock suit, but think it could be better. They also mentioned they're potentially going to do real leather boots.

I hope so, I will never own a Vader again without a real leather suit.

I missed what happened here. Did the suit degrade?
Unfortunately yes, my Tarkin 2 pack vader has some flaking in 2 different area of his right arm, very small but I'm sure its only a matter of time til it gets worse.

Unfortunately yes, my Tarkin 2 pack vader has some flaking in 2 different area of his right arm, very small but I'm sure its only a matter of time til it gets worse.

Oh no. After seeing my DX13 Terminator jacket peel apart in my hand I fear ever picking up my Vader figure now. He's been on display for years in the same place... and there, he shall stay.

Oh no. After seeing my DX13 Terminator jacket peel apart in my hand I fear ever picking up my Vader figure now. He's been on display for years in the same place... and there, he shall stay.
I’ve had mine feel tacky from time to time, so you can bet I’ve taken all those spare little dessicant packets included with figures and hidden them artfully in the detolf. Hopefully it staves off the humidity and the degrading of the material. Knock on wood, he’s held up

Yeah, parts on my original vader were starting to flake and getting that slight tacky feel to them, so I jumped on the leather one

I hope so, I will never own a Vader again without a real leather suit.
yea, I agree. It's one less thing to worry about. I still need to change the straps on the codpiece to real leather. I've done it for the chest box which was a semi-challenging process, but worth it.

I definitely want a leather suit for both the OWK Vader and ROTJ Vader. Surprisingly, the Sideshow Vader suit (newest one) held up pretty well. I customized that thing like crazy and it never flaked apart.

Sure! And thanks for the kind words.

Body is mostly an old HT “Roadblock” (The Rock) from G.I. Joe, with The Rock’s arms swapped out for Vader arms from that standard ANH/ESB body. Trimmed away some of the rubber neck and chest. Pics attached.

-Helmet is from R1 with the tusk touched up with silver paint so they both match.
-Shoulder armor from R1.
-Cape is a “drape cape” from Jaxxon Xu, purchased from OnesixthKit.
-Bodysuit and belt is from ANH MMS279. No other Vader belt will fit around that suit. Vest is of course from ESB.
-Gloves, robe, and codpiece also from ESB.

-Boots were ESB boots cut at the ankle. This body will not fit standard Vader boots but uses normal ankle pegs. I was advised to drill the ankles to fit a Vader boot, but I did not feel like it, so I made some split-cut boot tops instead. Feet are from HT Infinity War Thor.
Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of the Roadblock body versus the regular Vader one.

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of the Roadblock body versus the regular Vader one.

Y’know, I’m not entirely sure. It was a popular choice back when the first ANH figure came out. I’d say the legs are bigger and longer and it creates a sturdier overall impression. But when you put the costume back on the difference might be marginal. I think the Rogue One body still has longer legs than the Roadblock.

Back