1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FD69D341-2C74-4792-8F06-AC3449FE082C.jpeg

In light of the recent headsculpt updates (spidey, shuri, obi and jane), think they'll update this one too?
I'd love to get this figure, but the headsculpt is putting me off ...

It annoys me to no end that they have the license to these characters but rarely use the actors likeness.

Because there is no reality that exists where that looks anything like SLJ. I have never and absolutely will never believe that nonsense excuse ppl use about "they have a likeness that's just hard to sculpt correctly".

These are professional sculptor's and I've seen the work they can do. That is not Mace Windu in my eyes. That is a random, bald black man cos playing as Mace Windu.

I think it’s super close, but, hold up, wait a minute, summin ain’t right! 🙃

It annoys me to no end that they have the license to these characters but rarely use the actors likeness.

Because there is no reality that exists where that looks anything like SLJ. I have never and absolutely will never believe that nonsense excuse ppl use about "they have a likeness that's just hard to sculpt correctly".

These are professional sculptor's and I've seen the work they can do. That is not Mace Windu in my eyes. That is a random, bald black man cos playing as Mace Windu.
So you can buy the improved rots version in 2 years. I think the imperfections are by design. Just a little off and buy our new version.

Why no moving eyes? Is it only for DX releases, many non-Dx figures with the rolling eyeball thing. Maybe this was announced before it became a thing. 🤔

Why no moving eyes? Is it only for DX releases, many non-Dx figures with the rolling eyeball thing. Maybe this was announced before it became a thing. 🤔
I would say it's probably because he's bald and it would be tough to implement without it looking unsightly.

They call it job security, Lol! :slap
dont forget recasters. if ht made the ultimate figure they might get all the sales for a year then after that itd be all recasts. keep upgrading so recasters have to keep recasting.

like gadgets and cars, the best will always be reserved for internal use and showcase while public gets already dated versions so competitors dont know their cards and when something better pops up they bring out their grade B stuffs. what the public getting usually a generation or 2 behind, even for top of the line stuffs.

I would say it's probably because he's bald and it would be tough to implement without it looking unsightly.
Nah it was probably just and old sculpt that they didn’t feel like revising to equip moveable eyes.

They could’ve just done it like the Darth Maul headsculpts (who is essentially bald with spikes) where the head is magnetically attached to the neck stump, and you access and adjust the eyes from the underside.

I am looking forward to Mace Windu very much, at last able to replace the Sideshow one in my collection! I wish we could get other prequel Jedi from Hot Toys, I would buy them all.

Back