1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this AOTC set up:

a8c41fac772b57c31ec2b1694304cf71.jpg

Just because you think it’s not a mullet doesn’t mean it isn’t a mullet. There are many different types of mullets. The “trailer park mullet” is what you are referring to and has those attributes. But there is also something called a “sweet mullet” like Billy Ray Cyrus wears and also many levels in between. It’s not relegated to one type of haircut. It’s a style and many different people have worn it many different ways and it’s still considered a mullet.

https://www.cbr.com/obi-wan-kenobi-defend-star-wars-prequels-hairstyles/
https://mobile.twitter.com/obiwanmulletfc
https://hairstylesfeed.com/types-of-mullet/
Every style of mullet is defined by this - hair that is cut shorter at the front, top and sides, but is longer at the back. If it’s not cut in this way, it can’t be a mullet. That’s not my definition. it’s THE definition.

It can be swept back, spiked up, shaved, overgrown, etc… but with all of those. the hair must also be cut specifically so that the hairs in the back are longer than the other hairs.

Kenobi appears to just have shaggy hair. In fact, given how long the sides and top appear, though swept back, I would guess they are longer than the hairs at the lower back of the head. Kind of the opposite of a mullet.

People just always think hair like that is a mullet because the shorter hairs on the back of the the head hang lower than the rest . But that’s just because of the relatively lower position on the head from which they grow.

I'm not going to worry about that missing third lightsaber hilt yet. They may throw it in. I think back to Rey and how they ended up adding in the additional hilts before release. Hopefully they do the same

This looks like a cool figure, but I wish they’d been able to better capture the weight of his cloak. It seems not to fall quite right. But I know it’s hard to capture that kind of thing at smaller scale

Hmmmmmmmmm. Both Anakin and Padme look great….the big dilemma…hold out hope we get new darkside anakin with the new sculpt and pers and bd arena suit padme or FOMO these…..youtubers cant be wrong about these editions sizes and new delivery model can they …. Ha

I like the more minimal approach to these promotional images. Same with She Hulk. No busy backgrounds or photoshopped effects drowning out the figure.

Just highlighting the figures on their own merit makes them look much more classy.
Yet another move prompted by InArt?…

Never thought we'd be having so many versions of Anakin up to this point. I believe the only missing piece to complete Anakin's fate is the little Ani, but I seriously doubt that concept ever sees the production green light.
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 8.45.11 AM.png

Last edited:
I like the more minimal approach to these promotional images. Same with She Hulk. No busy backgrounds or photoshopped effects drowning out the figure.

Just highlighting the figures on their own merit makes them look much more classy.
Yet another move prompted by InArt?…
I like it too. Lets the photographer just focus on the most flattering lightning for the figure instead of the lighting needed to fit the figure into the background and sell the effects.

But it’s not new, Hot Toys used to do the plain backgrounds 14 years ago when I started collecting them :)

ED920328-4BF3-4F12-AECF-385332415882.jpeg
474C7AD7-9B1C-4826-AC2D-6219FA9E35A1.jpeg
F56B2ECB-B9E8-4435-9DF0-7206068A65B7.jpeg

Last edited:
The little baby hairs on the forehead really had to the realism imo.
agreed. definitely adds a little more realism and depth rather than just painting the baby hairs. And that already soft bit of sculpting for the baby hairs will get even softer in production.

Putting aside the problems of this film this is building up to the ability to create an absolutely gnarly diorama of the arena battle sequence.

Dooku - done
Jango - done
Anakin - done
Padme - done
C-3PO - done
R2 - done
Battle droid - done
Obi-Wan - ???
Mace -???
Super BD - ???

I know there are others, like Kit Fisto, where a prototype has been shown, but I can’t think of another sequence such as this where HT have produced this many figures. Yes, Howard is a super fan.

Mace and Super BD are on the way, all HT needs to do is follow through on their second wave announcement. I'd be surprised if they passed over Obi-Wan given he's literally the reason everyone is in that Arena getting shot at as I'm sure Howard recalls.

My only issues are with the cloak (can just use the ROTS one) and missing the third saber, but I can see that saber coming with the eventual Kenobi release. You gotta make people buy both!

What we really need is the AOTC speeder bike. I looked at the Mando and ROTJ ones, but they're too different to be screen accurate.
Think Anakin used the swoop bike rather than the speederbike variant.

This figure looks awesome. Can you imagine if the figure came with the standard sand base.....I thought maybe people might lose their *&#!, especially since Ani hates the sand.:LOL:

But then I thought, how cool of a diorama would it be having Anakin mowing down a couple of Tusken Raiders?:lightsabe

Back