1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took better photos, not as bad as I originally thought either, but still faded some especially in torso area! Just hard to photograph the full effect/look.

View attachment 560725View attachment 560726
Maybe the fading is as a result of figure handling overtime? the abs, chest, back and the head are the most common area to be touched first (with pressure applied) when posing.

But still looks good to me.

It's the nature of fluorescent pigments. They're only going to be excitable so many times before that energy transition isn't feasible on a chemical level. Considering how thin that paint would have to be, there's just not much there.

It's the nature of fluorescent pigments. They're only going to be excitable so many times before that energy transition isn't feasible on a chemical level. Considering how thin that paint would have to be, there's just not much there.
You're telling me paint also experiences ED? Wow...the more you learn.

Really? Then they shouldn't have done it. I never use mine but it's pointless to put something on a figure that will wear out in a few years.

I hardly ever used the glow feature itself, and have not handled the figure that much either. Really just been sitting in the detolf. Whatever the reason is sucks, but I know there is always a chance at something with HT figs, case in point Caps shield on first 2 releases, and Ed-209, etc. I just know it will effect trying to sell it later.

Last edited:
UV paint are not permanent, exposed to air and environment it will fade over time.

If you really want the UV effect you can try applying it again but remember it will still fade.

Anyone happen to know the size of the connector on the USB cable that plugs into the base? I don't have the instructions and my google-fu has failed me.

On a related note, has anyone successfully ordered anything from Maxnut Studio's website? (I'm eying his BP head sculpts.) How was the experience?

On a related note, has anyone successfully ordered anything from Maxnut Studio's website? (I'm eying his BP head sculpts.) How was the experience?
Yeah I have. No issues that I recall. I think I bought at least two BP sculpts. It’s all packed away right now so I’m not 100%

Attachments

• Screenshot (113).png
    Screenshot (113).png
    2 MB · Views: 25
Back