1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the overall fabric flexibility for poses like this/dynamic poses in your opinion? Curious if it's like the HC Spider-Man etc that might wear down in the long term.

I only had about 2 hours with the figure last night & it was rather warm in my apartment last night so after I got him in to a pose I was ok with; I put him down, as to not get sweat into the fabric. I then proceeded with the black light stand with him in it & tried my IW Thor in there too.

So I only have limited feed back to offer you as at no point did a really push the articulation all the way. That being said I noticed two things The top of the ankle joint comes creased & when you pull the foot down to straighten it the fabric lays nicely & not showing noticeable creasing. though when you pull down the foot the fabric will ripple at the top of the heal over time after the fabric ages this could become an issue. much of the articulation will cause the fabric to ripple in the joint though material tighten at the outside of the joint did not seem to bad.

I know it's not much, but hope it helps. The weather is supposed to cool down for the weekend so I plan to go through the articulation at some point to get him into a pose I'm happy with & add him to my display.

So...

- Last Friday I get the "Shipping Thursday" Email from Sideshow.
- Saturday I get a "Early Processing" Email to ship Tuesday... I figure what is the difference in 2 days, so I ignore it.
- Tuesday I get a "Card Charging Soon" Email notice for the Thursday shipment
- Yesterday I get a "Delayed until June" Email.

What is the flipping hell is going on?

I guess that means they only shipped to people who opted for the pay all and ship now feature. I had only pre-ordered it about a month ago and went ahead and paid all when I received that email and they just shipped mine out.

I always opp for the early process even if it just a day as it is effectively saving your place in line; sorry things did not work out & you have to wait longer.

That's what I do as well, but I did opt in for the early process. I've never been a day one pre-order guy as with SS what's the point; prefer to take my time & think it over. Plus if I did not have crap for luck I'd have none; so I don't buy that its 100% random. Please don't take this as me rubbing it in, as I'm not. If I could trade places with you I would; as I'm not getting a new figure now till the MK7 ships & in the grand scheme of things it feels like I just got Thanos.

So...

- Last Friday I get the "Shipping Thursday" Email from Sideshow.
- Saturday I get a "Early Processing" Email to ship Tuesday... I figure what is the difference in 2 days, so I ignore it.
- Tuesday I get a "Card Charging Soon" Email notice for the Thursday shipment
- Yesterday I get a "Delayed until June" Email.

What is the flipping hell is going on?

Yeah the same thing happened with me.

I just question if it was in stock, would Sideshow really ship my Black Panther to someone else because I chose not to expedite something 2 days? Very odd.

Or was it a bigger miscalculation of stock.

I just didn’t care since I had the Mark L shipped on the 23rd. Figured may as well ship together and save a trip to UPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty much what the sideshow rep said to me. Their shipment was coming in 2 days before my last payment and by switching to pay full she said my chances of getting it was pretty much a certainty because she didn't know if there would be any left to complete my order 2 days after their batch arrived.

That is pretty much what the sideshow rep said to me. Their shipment was coming in 2 days before my last payment and by switching to pay full she said my chances of getting it was pretty much a certainty because she didn't know if there would be any left to complete my order 2 days after their batch arrived.

The proper thing to do though as a business is for those where the email was sent as processing on the 23rd, ensure those get shipped accordingly first, and any additional stock can be disbersed.

Whether or not you opt in to process on the 21st should be irrelevant. Bad business practice.

It’s really not a big deal but doesn’t make much sense.

The proper thing to do though as a business is for those where the email was sent as processing on the 23rd, ensure those get shipped accordingly first, and any additional stock can be disbersed.

I agree but to my knowledge you had to have the processing on the 23rd to even opt into the early processing for the 21st. I don't see it as some one jumping your spot in line but a line was forming & you made the choice not to get in it.

I agree but to my knowledge you had to have the processing on the 23rd to even opt into the early processing for the 21st. I don't see it as some one jumping your spot in line but a line was forming & you made the choice not to get in it.

Hmmm, I disagree with that considering I had an email saying get funds ready by the 22nd for shipment. Processing early on the 21st shouldn’t mean I’m forced to “get in line.”

But oh well. Just more surprised than anything.

How is the overall fabric flexibility for poses like this/dynamic poses in your opinion? Curious if it's like the HC Spider-Man etc that might wear down in the long term.

The fabric isn't too bad at all. The top of his foot has some creasing that's a little worrying, but after some limited posing with his arms, there wasn't any permanent creasing. That said, I'll likely keep him museum posed for a bit.

Regarding the SS delays for some, that's utter crap. I did get an early processing notice which I went for because I wasn't going to be at my office the next day. I didn't realize that if I didn't do it, it'd be delayed until June

Your a business

Your supplier has assured you that you're going to receive 2 units by a specified date you send out conformation to two of your customers that they will receive said unit @ said date & be prepared for the bill.

The shipping company has informed you that the shipment should arrive at your warehouse 2 days earlier than expected you send word to your 2 customers of the option to process the shipment 2 days early. Customer A responds & gives permission to process 2 days early; customer B remains silent.

Two days before said date arrives but there is a problem only 1 unit is on the truck. Who do you give the unit to? if you're being honest there really is only one answer.

So glad I decided to pick him up.
Suit is pretty delicate, but the detail is much better than the photos I have seen so far.

ZiccpiG.jpg

So glad I decided to pick him up.
Suit is pretty delicate, but the detail is much better than the photos I have seen so far.

A solid figure for sure had allot to live up to for me as my last 2 hot toys have been Thanos & Doctor Strange which are both spectacular. I do have to admit though, this figure does impress me. My biggest surprise on the positive is how much I do like the human eyes in the helm, buying the figure I thought that the eye swap was really gimmicky but in hand I actually like it. On the negative end the LED effect is just too blue for my liking & nothing like the purple effect we get on film.

Anyone get an arrival notice or anything from BBTS? I’m still waiting. I just know that BP, Thanos and IM Mark L are all going to hit at the sane time.

Been mostly lurking around this thread but I have to say how amazingly BETTER this one is compared to the CW version. I have my own black lights so I didn’t need to use the foam/cardboard “pillars” and the transformation is incredible! I really wonder if this is going to end up becoming a “chase figure”.

Back