1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Him too! I was literally about to inquire if I took him off flex payments if he’d ship. I had the money set aside for Thanos but he isn’t shipping either so was hoping could get my hands on BP sooner. Guess not

I received my email from Sideshow. My BP has been delayed to April. I believe that’s the third delay now. Maybe they’re waiting for him to be resurrected in Endgame. lol

Good news for me. Too many flex payments now for me. Any delay gives me more time I really need. Was not planning to get this figure but now I am

I got mine yesterday, so I'm not sure why you guys are getting delayed. Maybe it's based on when you placed your order (ordered mine first day it was solicited on Sideshow).

Nice figure but I think I like the Civil War BP better - the Civil War version material seem more meticulous and put together. The new one though does seem to lend itself more to the nano-tech suit like in the movie. Think of it like this: Civil War BP: Vibranium-woven SUIT. Black Panther Movie: Vibranium nano-tech epidermal layer. It certainly has more flexible pose capabilities. I was going to use the Civil War suit for kitbashing purposes but now, I think I'll use it more as an alternative display.

I got mine yesterday as well. And I'm a bit underwhelmed, I'll admit. The headsculpt is fine to me; I know others have blasted it, and yeah, it's not as good as the proto, but the paintwork is still top-notch. And since I'll never display it, I don't care too much. It's fine.

The suit is nicely done, and has a lot of detail. I like the effect with the UV, but I don't see myself displaying him that way long-term. I like the option though.

The spear is nice, but again, I'm never gonna display him with it, so I don't care.

What underwhelms me is the construction. Maybe it's just mine, but the way the replaceable eyes work just feels half-assed. You pull off the head, and the adapter stays behind (which is a bit ugly, and seems like it's supposed to work that way). The eyes are also incredibly loose, so you have to be really careful putting it back on the adapter to "lock" it back in. It just feels really cheap compared to other ways they've done this stuff in the past. Why not embed a magnet in the front of the mask, and a couple pieces of metal in the eyes? Boom, easy locking and no problems. Add that to the styrafoam posts and cheap plastic tray for the stand, and it just doesn't feel like the premium package you typically get with a HT figure. Now, I get that it's the standard price, and yet comes with all this extra stuff, but I'd rather have it be $300 and have a more robust stand, or lose the stand entirely, then have it the way it is, personally.

^This. I was excited for a new display without the original giant wrist pegs from the CW version, but I prefer the CW version as well. I think the head and feet are too big for the figure, just makes it look off...

I got mine today... He's kinda cumbersome to pose but overall not a bad figure... I also think his upper body may be too long. He seems a bit too tall/gangly, but maybe it's just me. Not a big deal if he's posed right.

My only real complaint, and it's not a deal breaker by any means, is that I wish the glow effect looked more purple than blue, but it is what it is. It's a cool effect either way, and i'm glad they put the effort in.

20190312_163414.jpg

For some reason I feel like I like the Civil War outfit slightly more. Still kind of debating on getting this. The sculpt definitely isn’t great, but I feel like I’d probably display him with the mask on anyways.

For some reason I feel like I like the Civil War outfit slightly more. Still kind of debating on getting this. The sculpt definitely isn’t great, but I feel like I’d probably display him with the mask on anyways.

Well since we're talking about the lousy headsculpt again, let me chime in!

So here's what I think...

:lol

Very dope figure and that stand is seriously something that makes the price tag worth paying

38CB53C4-6EB3-4CC3-8675-DF90B9564F45.jpg

F5E6F804-CA6D-4BD9-9F83-4419149D16D7.jpeg

I guess I can kind of see why people prefer the CW suit, but personally, I like this version better because it’s more organic and Panther like.

Very dope figure and that stand is seriously something that makes the price tag worth paying

That stand is worth around $1...it's straight up styrofoam and paper! :cuckoo:

I thought he was being sarcastic at first. It looks OK, but from everything I've seen & read it's not worth paying any premium to have it.

Back