1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I’m disappointed in the headsculpt it’s still passable for Chadwick. The main problem I have with the figure is in the hip section. Not just the creases but the way hip/pelvic joints really show through the suit. While Iron Spidey suffers from this its not as bad. I want the full battle of wakanda team but I’m just not sure I can pull the trigger on this one. Maybe get him and keep in a museum pose.
2e17734420583f26ef7cd051cf96fa61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I’m disappointed in the headsculpt it’s still passable for Chadwick. The main problem I have with the figure is in the hip section. Not just the creases but the way hip/pelvic joints really show through the suit. While Iron Spidey suffers from this its not as bad. I want the full battle of wakanda team but I’m just not sure I can pull the trigger on this one. Maybe get him and keep in a museum pose.
2e17734420583f26ef7cd051cf96fa61.jpg

Damn that looks amazing. I need this guy already

[...] The main problem I have with the figure is in the hip section. Not just the creases but the way hip/pelvic joints really show through the suit.[...]

That's been a thing with a few figures lately -- combination of the actual costume design and perhaps questionable engineering choices for the HT bodies. It can be got around with careful posing and futzing, but remains an issue.

An articulated body has to have the pelvic girdle, no two ways about it, but the actual shape of it and a figure's upper thighs could perhaps mitigate the problem a bit. That kind of engineering would be too costly though. Maybe if 1/6 sticks around another decade, who knows?

Same here regarding the Thanos. I know that Sideshows website has been on the fritz. Didn't know if it was only me.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I imagine there's no early shipping email for BP because he's right on time in Q1. Will likely see him in the coming weeks from SSC.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I got an e-mail yesterday than my BP and Wakanda throne were pushed back to March.

Don't know how that is considered pushed back

BP was set @ Jan-Mar 2019 & Throne was Feb-Apr 2019

BP final flex payments with Sideshow were originally in January. They've been pushed back twice, first to February and now to March. I know HT gives a release range (Q1 or Q2, for example) and not a specific month, but when structuring their payment plans Sideshow usually targets the beginning of HT's original release estimate. Technically speaking it may not be a push back, but to those who have been anticipating its arrival, it has been delayed.

Damn snubbed for the best pic Oscar ..I guess the Academy got scared of change ..oh well at least it got best score and other oscars

Damn snubbed for the best pic Oscar ..I guess the Academy got scared of change ..oh well at least it got best score and other oscars

I think a nomination was the big victory, and the technical awards it did win. Hardly a snub at all.

It did well. Knew it wouldn’t get best picture but getting nominated is huge.

Funny, people diss the HT sculpt but like the Nut Pitz one? I see Chadwick in both but even with the lower quality one HT released is still miles better than the NP one.

B6A05F53-9445-46BB-A165-922E14931498.jpeg
Found this one on the Twitter.
Congrats Marvel and the BP creative teams and performers! Well done!

Sideshow just posted a “How to be a Poser” vid with this guy. So hopefully they have him in stock now, or start shipping soon.

....then again, watching the vid, he says he got T’Challa a couple months ago. So who knows.

Back