1/6 Hot Toys - MMS411 - GOTG Vol.2 - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like these:

23843317_1805864359486539_1680453452638114995_n.jpg
23915504_1805862909486684_8754669429666027464_n.jpg
23905745_1805863522819956_4425717378093927224_n.jpg
24129752_1805863362819972_488719919089546027_n.jpg

I just think they need to make that white fur a bit less white. But coukd be just the lighting too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vid review of mine. Unfortunately I ran into some issues:
- Hot Toys missed to put in the backplate piece between jetpack and back (small cover plate) - let's hope this is an exception
- the small translucent holding clip to put Groot on Rockets shoulder can tear / rub the pleather shoulder pad...you'll see it in the video...it hurts! Further it's really not worth the hassle since the piece is just too visible and you can't get groot in a realistic pose covering up the clip
- the flying posing options are so limited because of the tail and jetpack that block the pose

15.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

He can actually stand with that frigging minigun...crazy :)

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Some more on my blog: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2017/12/hot-toys-rocket-deluxe-guardians-of.html

- the small translucent holding clip to put Groot on Rockets shoulder can tear / rub the pleather shoulder pad...you'll see it in the video...it hurts! Further it's really not worth the hassle since the piece is just too visible and you can't get groot in a realistic pose covering up the clip

God that hurt to watch... Thanks for the review!

Great review! Thanks for the heads-up on the holding clip. Really looking forward to adding this guy to my collection.

I’m hoping I can get mine in a good flying post when I pick mine up. 🤷*♂️

I was just about to comment in this thread if there’s any videos on this guy and saw xenomorph posted a link! Can’t wait to watch!

Edit: anybody have an idea when this should hit sideshow?

Yes nice review xenomorph. That's a pity about the flying pose. They could have had a plug feature on the back or something ??

Vid review of mine. Unfortunately I ran into some issues:
- Hot Toys missed to put in the backplate piece between jetpack and back (small cover plate) - let's hope this is an exception
- the flying posing options are so limited because of the tail and jetpack that block the pose

15.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

He can actually stand with that frigging minigun...crazy :)

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Some more on my blog: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2017/12/hot-toys-rocket-deluxe-guardians-of.html

Do you think is worth it?
I mean if given the chance to buy, I don’t know let’s say Doctor Strange for 250 dlls or Rocket vol.2 for 230 dlls...?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Do you think is worth it?
I mean if given the chance to buy, I don’t know let’s say Doctor Strange for 250 dlls or Rocket vol.2 for 230 dlls...?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Well, think 4 rockets or 1 hulkbuster... Lol definitely not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This 2nd version is very over-rated and over-priced. The 1st one is better looking. The ONLY better part about the 2nd version is the second head sculpt which the first one should of gotten.

Loving the stills! Owning both, I have to say the second version is superior.

Yeah I really really like this 2nd version. The paint scheme looks better. And I like all the cool guns that come with it

If Yoda is any indication then I would expect the price on this to drop like a rock within a couple months of hitting the states. It still just looks inherently “toy-ish” to me, and I’m sure how they could avoid it either unless maybe they could eventually get even more finer sculpting detail on the fur.

Sucks about Xeno’s shoulder pad. I could see the harness eventually rubbing chucks off the shoulders as well.

Loving the stills! Owning both, I have to say the second version is superior.

How is this "superior" when it's the same sculpted figure repainted different :lol

the only bonus is the second head sculpt and the stupid looking over-sized gun for the low price of 239.99 :rotfl

Back