1/6 Hot Toys - MMS411 - GOTG Vol.2 - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not cool they're shipping is a huge ripoff! They don't even double box it for all that money. The ht figures i get lately are just shoebox figures that weigh nowhere near enough to to charge 24$.
Order from a different place.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

you can also contact sideshow and see what 2-day shipping is. Generally for me in Florida it comes out to like 4-6 dollars more on most figures. So it takes the sting out of the high shipping a little that way.

Finally have the proper HS for the first GOTG poster shot:

1910ae9632463b336e5c493a0ec7d15b.jpg

Just have to paint his legs. (can't figure out how to swap legs between the two...)

Sometimes I receive a Hot Toys and I feel like, okay that's another one to tick off the list.

And then sometimes I receive a Hot Toys like Rocket and there's a real feel good factor. I love this little guy. So much fine detail in him. The rocket pack alone is so crisp it seems a work of art in itself.

This guy was a conundrum. Price seems too high, real fur vs. painted sculpt, etc but I need the character to go with Star Lord and Yondu. Finally found for a bit better price and bit. I dig this look for Rocket especially with the expressive sculpt and jetpack. Not sure there will ever be a better package for Rocket than this deluxe version. Also helps that it comes with the ability to represent Groot without taking up any space. I wish they would have included the speakers Rocket rigged up while Groot was dancing!

After handling this fiddly little bastard I can see why real fur is not and will likely never be used for him, it would be a nightmare. Probably ditto for ewoks if ever produced. It is great to finally have him though I love the character. As you say the detail put into the little guy is terrific and I like having the extra sculpt and gattling cannon.

All the detachable components do require a decent bit of messing about to get right. I resorted to standing him up flat footed on the base, putting his back against the stand post, and tightening the post clip low on the post while having him straddle one of the clip prongs to act as a crotch grabber of sorts.
ed73363054b6e88b6ddbdf4ceec51184.jpg

FFS...I come out to $250 shipped from SS. It's a no from me, dawg. Even with the $11.40 in rewards that still is nuts. I'm gonna try to shop around on this a while.

FFS...I come out to $250 shipped from SS. It's a no from me, dawg. Even with the $11.40 in rewards that still is nuts. I'm gonna try to shop around on this a while.

I agree $250 is too much. I would watch the eBay listings closely. I got the deluxe for a little over two hundred shipped.

That looks great, where did you get the headsculpt from? I haven't been able to find it on eBay.

Bought version 2. Everything is a considerably darker color, so you have to swap the arms, tail, feet etc. I don’t think you can remove the legs, or you’d never get them in/out of tight pants legs.

Bought version 2. Everything is a considerably darker color, so you have to swap the arms, tail, feet etc. I don’t think you can remove the legs, or you’d never get them in/out of tight pants legs.

Damn, I wasn't aware the color was completely different. There go my plans for getting the sculpt for the other figure. :slap

Thanks for the info, though.

Just paid the last payment on rocket, bring him on!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

found one on ebay for $199 shipped. figured that was my que to pull the trigger finally. pretty cool figure in person. no other feeling like opening up a new HT!

13f1e3406fd3e272e569bbaa0fecb70b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this little figure. I agree hes way over priced, he probably should've been around 190-200 for his size. Compare to something like Yoda for example. Still an excellent figure. I was surprised at how well articulated he is. Basically all the pose-ability of a regular figure, just single jointed.
Gonna load him up with spare parts. I want to give him holsters to hold his 2 pistols. Maybe a com-system. Also I gave him that little bomb thing that the Chitauri come with.

And Guess what! You know what guns fit perfectly in his little hands? G.I. Joes guns :lol

Well he finally arrived today. Thoroughly pleased with him. Had some reservations about the visible joints but he can be posed well enough. With Star Lord on route and Yondu later this year he won't be the only Guardian on the shelf. [emoji16]
77ffc1ad1bde57814d661711ae7e7d36.jpg
709ffa11a950204397444bc9dca555e8.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time

Back