1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I am really hoping for a Bespin/Hoth Leia, either those and or Slave Leia.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Leia is a well done figure, but no way its worth the $200 plus. This is a $125 figure max. That said, glad I got her to complete my Original Trilogy set.

Do you feel that way because of its diminutive size or the quality of the figure?

Leia is a well done figure, but no way its worth the $200 plus. This is a $125 figure max. That said, glad I got her to complete my Original Trilogy set.

Yeah, it's a gorgeous figure, but even in today's mega-price era, this should have been $160-180. It's a very, very basic figure in the simplest outfit imaginable.

I am really hoping for a Bespin/Hoth Leia, either those and or Slave Leia.

Hoth/Slave would have a better perceived value than this (in terms of outfit complexity and potential add-ins) and likely be around the same price point. Can't see Bespin Leia (i.e. the long formal dress) ever being made.

Yeah, it's a gorgeous figure, but even in today's mega-price era, this should have been $160-180. It's a very, very basic figure in the simplest outfit imaginable.

I concur with this.

However, we purchased it at the asking retail price, so that means that's how much we thought it was worth to us to have.

Normally the cost were also based on developing a product not just the final product itself. I suspect the sculptor fee is astronomical and Hot Toys is making us pay for it. Oh don't forget the "middle man" Sideshow, surely they also getting something. I'm just saying.

I concur with this.

However, we purchased it at the asking retail price, so that means that's how much we thought it was worth to us to have.

As the old saying goes, if people are willing to pay it, companies are willing to charge it.:dunno

Seems like you guys might be just be talking about the regular version in terms of the cost/value aspect. I got the exclusive. It came with some extra cardboard. :dunno

Seems like you guys might be just be talking about the regular version in terms of the cost/value aspect. I got the exclusive. It came with some extra cardboard. :dunno

Oh yeah, I noticed the folded box in the bottom of the box.:lol

I really should take it out and look at it just because I said to myself "I'll never take that out."

Leia may not have as many accessories as some Hot Toys; but she brings the cast of the original Star Wars together beautifully. Worth every penny.

Sent from the bat cave

Leia may not have as many accessories as some Hot Toys; but she brings the cast of the original Star Wars together beautifully. Worth every penny.

Sent from the bat cave

So does my fully lit Detolf... which cost half what Leia did.:lol

Actually, you can get "3" Detolfs for the price of this Leia figure... :horror

But as mentioned before, she completes my ANH display and that was worth the price to me.

Actually, you can get "3" Detolfs for the price of this Leia figure... :horror

But as mentioned before, she completes my ANH display and that was worth the price to me.

Oh, I was including the lighting too (I can never remember the weird Ikea name for it.)

And she completes... me.

Oh yeah, I noticed the folded box in the bottom of the box.:lol

I really should take it out and look at it just because I said to myself "I'll never take that out."

That was my reaction too. Tray came out when I was removing Leia and caught it out of the corner of my eye and thought, "What's that?....Oh yeah." And then put the tray back over it.

As the old saying goes, if people are willing to pay it, companies are willing to charge it.:dunno

:exactly:

If nobody was buying at that price, they wouldn't ask that price because then they'd never make a sale. How much something is worth is how much you're willing to pay for it.

I'd say the price they're charging is more than fair given the cost of their other figures and how much the SW license is likely costing them. Not to mention the excellent head sculpt.

I noticed that to accidently. I was futzing with the dress and my finger slipped and was like what :lol. horny people over at hot toys like there stuff a little to realistic :rotfl

Got my Leia today:yess:

IMG_5550.JPG

Back