1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Got mine today. Hands down the best female figure Hot Toys has produced and the best Leia ever.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Me and my girlfriend are very pleased with our couple.

20160427_175007.jpg

Great pics, everyone! :clap

Judging by all of these pics, I'm starting to think she's one of those rare figures where she looks great in almost any pose, at any angle.

By the way, are the bicep swivels on anyone else's figure seemingly a bit loose? I initially thought it was the elbow joints, but it turns out it's the bicep swivel joint. They move side to side fine and with the normal amount of friction one would expect, but when at rest, they feel like they have a bit of looseness to them. It's not really a big concern to me being that they are able to swivel side to side with a normal amount of friction one would expect as mentioned and not feel like they're going to fall out, but was just wondering if this was something pervasive.

Nice job on the hood, Rick! One of the better futzes of it we've seen.

Yeah, very nice work Rick - I just saved that pic as a futzing guide for when mine arrives tomorrow.:clap

Just got her in! Spent a bit of time playing around with the hood. Once you get the right position and bend the wiring in the right way, it actually looks pretty good. The only two negatives are the length of the dress and the clamp that holds the figure. I removed the clamp and just leaned her up against the post that holds the clamp. Overall, not worth the price, but as others have said, I don't see HT lowering prices below $200. Oh, and the exclusive is sort of pointless. I kept the backdrop in the box. It just got in the way and took up room.

Rick

Agreed - if there was a very, very basic 1/6 HT fig that should have been in the $180-190 range, even in the context of today's market prices, this one is it. It's a head and plain white dress.:dunno

I wish this sculpt would have come in middling like Han and Ben - Leia with a 70-80% likeness would have been an easy pass. This one is close to 100% - far and away the best SW sculpt HT has done and as others have said, possibly the best female sculpt they have ever done.

The sun finally decided to make an appearance today here in TX, so here are some better shots of mine:

Mine arrived today at the UPS office but I am waiting to pick her up tomorrow with Mr. Fett.

p.s. I seriously recommend picking up your figures from the UPS office. Its not the general package sort that is damaging the boxes, its the delivery drivers.

Same here , tomorrow can't get hear fast enough.

These photos are great. So much anticipation. Figure arrives tomorrow unless the UPS guy steals her cause she's so purty.

Having a lot of fun looking at all the pics and reading about all the unboxings. Really excited for mine to arrive.

1) For those trying to get wrinkles out of the dress, this is your friend:

https://www.amazon.com/Conair-400-Watt-Dual-Voltage-Garment-Steamer/dp/B0062ACM7G

It belongs in your kit. It's small, so it takes forever to use it to do a human sized piece of clothing, but it's perfect for figures and dolls.

I originally bought it for my PF Leia to get the wrinkles out of the dress and it worked perfectly. Smooth as silk and it took me all of ten minutes (and that included letting the water heat). Just take care to keep the steam away from the head - it helps if you have someone else holding a piece of paper or something under the head to block it while you steam the dress. I've used it dozens of times since for various figures and dolls and it's always perfect (plus you can use it to get stains and such out of the couch!).

2) Anyone happen to take an exact measurement yet, from the base to the top of the head?

Can't wait to see pics of folks who get her into the "R2" hologram pose. :) That's my first stop when I unbox mine.

She's finally here! So many shots I want to take. Here's a quick and dirty shot of my detolf setup
201a32839c92bca66930d6ef0514633f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I gotta get some of those hands from the deluxe for my Vader.

Toy Anxiety currently just has the force push hand. Which looks more like the "gently cup the boob" hand.

rightforcepush__96822.1435788616.1280.1280.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Got my Leia today. Out of the box her hood looked pretty scary but after a couple minutes it didn't look too bad. What a great doll I mean "figure."
b42696b570071cfb12835d44661ca47b.jpg
66f99b3661d2fc7e3c1128ca9d088413.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only problem I have with her is she's too tall. Felt obligated to lob off the ankle pegs to get her closer to that 5'1"-5'2"-ish scale height. Not recommended for everyone obviously, but that's cool. Love the head sculpt, dress doesn't bother me.

IMG_3546.JPG

Well, that also takes care of the too-short dress.:dunno

Yeah, the sculpt on this one is really good. Ranks up there as one of HT's best, in my opinion.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Does anyone have a shot of the ankle pegs? I thought of switching them out to take care of the dress but she seemed so short already. Doesn't look bad with Luke in that shot.

What hair is that on Luke, Darth?

Back