1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Mine just arrived. This figure is awesome. :rock I do not understand the gripes.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Just got mine. Great likeness. Tiny. Don't think it's worth $210 but happy to have updated my Leia. Can't wait til Stormy Han.

Luckly, no issues with the head sculpt. Will post pics tomorrow when time permits.

I tried water with a clean cloth but nothing. I think it my be glue spots. I sent pics to sideshow so I'll wait and see

That sucks. Oh well you might have fun destroying that sculpt before they send a replacement.

I tried water with a clean cloth but nothing. I think it my be glue spots. I sent pics to sideshow so I'll wait and see

I can't see why they wouldn't replace that. They are really good about stuff like that.

Got mine today. Looks awesome.

That sucks. Oh well you might have fun destroying that sculpt before they send a replacement.

After they send a replacement, they have always had me destroy the part after the new part is in hand.

Had the chance to unbox leia today. Honestly I think the sculpt may be the best human likeness I have seen.

The exclusive does suck though. Whoever here on the board first had the idea of the plastic holographic looking map background for the stand had a great thought.

:wave

Mine is scheduled to arrive today. Can't wait!

After they send a replacement, they have always had me destroy the part after the new part is in hand.

Oh I wasn't sure how it worked. Maybe you can destroy a sideshow head and pass it off as the HT one.

Oh I wasn't sure how it worked. Maybe you can destroy a sideshow head and pass it off as the HT one.

You could always cut the buns off and if they accept that as 'destroyed' use the head for a ESB or ROTJ custom.

Are the spots on top of the hair? Almost looks like where the hair color didn't stick or got pulled off before it dried.

Mine arrived today at the UPS office but I am waiting to pick her up tomorrow with Mr. Fett.

p.s. I seriously recommend picking up your figures from the UPS office. Its not the general package sort that is damaging the boxes, its the delivery drivers.

Just got her in! Spent a bit of time playing around with the hood. Once you get the right position and bend the wiring in the right way, it actually looks pretty good. The only two negatives are the length of the dress and the clamp that holds the figure. I removed the clamp and just leaned her up against the post that holds the clamp. Overall, not worth the price, but as others have said, I don't see HT lowering prices below $200. Oh, and the exclusive is sort of pointless. I kept the backdrop in the box. It just got in the way and took up room.

Rick
IMG_3432.jpg

Nice job on the hood, Rick! One of the better futzes of it we've seen.

Nice job on the hood, Rick! One of the better futzes of it we've seen.

Thanks! It's really not that difficult. It's just about finding the right balance between the lower wire on the back of the hood and the front wire that goes over the hair. The main thing to make it look like there is weight to the hood.

Back